Author Topic: 14 TV Shows Likely to Get the Ax After This Season  (Read 6328 times)

Offline musiclady

Re: 14 TV Shows Likely to Get the Ax After This Season
« Reply #25 on: November 14, 2016, 09:09:36 pm »
@musiclady

I will put The Crown on my list. I'm going through boxes and boxes of old comics to prepare for sale, and it's something that can be done while binge watching shows. So, since I don't normally subject myself to a lot of TV, I'm going through Dark Matter pretty damn quick.

@bolobaby - I can't vouch for its historic accuracy (other than the basics which they've gotten right), but it's well done, and I happen to be a fan of English monarchy...... and especially Elizabeth II.  She's always fascinated me.

I think there are 10 episodes, and I'm guessing we'll be through them in a few evenings.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #26 on: November 14, 2016, 09:13:28 pm »
May I advocate for Streaming video service with no commercials?

Netflix, Amazon Prime combined are less than $20 per month.

If you like British, Acorn is $5.99 I believe.

PBS, Smithsonian are free.

SlingTV is $20 or 25.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

geronl

« Reply #27 on: November 14, 2016, 09:23:49 pm »
@musiclady

I haven't read comics in forever. There was a 4-issue special from Marvel in the 80's called Transformers Vs GI Joe that I remember. Maybe some Hollywood writer will come across it and a film will be made. lol.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #28 on: November 14, 2016, 09:31:02 pm »
@musiclady

I haven't read comics in forever. There was a 4-issue special from Marvel in the 80's called Transformers Vs GI Joe that I remember. Maybe some Hollywood writer will come across it and a film will be made. lol.

That'd sure be different.

You should write to somebody and ask them to do that.     :dx1:

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline Ghost Bear

• Not an actual picture of me
« Reply #29 on: November 14, 2016, 09:33:16 pm »
I will speak up for one show on the list, the current season of "Secrets and Lies". It's become one of the "must watch" shows for my wife and I. However, I suspect that it's designed to wrap up the current story line at the end of the season, so if it doesn't get renewed for another season it won't matter much. Just so long as they finish the current season!

I you like murder mysteries where every character is guilty of *something* (not necessarily the murder itself...) then I would recommend checking it out; however, you may want to wait for the series to come out on Netflix or some other service, as I think it would benefit a lot from binge-watching.
Let it burn.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #30 on: November 14, 2016, 09:35:10 pm »
I will speak up for one show on the list, the current season of "Secrets and Lies". It's become one of the "must watch" shows for my wife and I. However, I suspect that it's designed to wrap up the current story line at the end of the season, so if it doesn't get renewed for another season it won't matter much. Just so long as they finish the current season!

I you like murder mysteries where every character is guilty of *something* (not necessarily the murder itself...) then I would recommend checking it out; however, you may want to wait for the series to come out on Netflix or some other service, as I think it would benefit a lot from binge-watching.

One murder mystery series I got hooked on from Netflix was "Poriot". Great acting, lovely sets. And old automobiles and trains.
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Ancient

« Reply #31 on: November 14, 2016, 09:40:37 pm »
I have been trying to watch macgyver, but parts of the show are getting worse instead of better.  The last episode had an elite assasin devote several minutes to man crushing on how awesome macgyver was... don't dialogue me on how awesome the hero is.. show me!

Speaking of heroes, I like the superhero shows, but I'm about to dump them for the rude political agenda they feel the need to weave into the show.

Frequency has been pretty good, would hate to see that one go.  During the episode 1,I was not sure if they had room for a long term plot, but it had been quite a few episodes and it has been interesting.  I'm starting to suspect that the villain has someone giving them advice from the future.  If you like sci-fi/detective shows, this one is pretty good.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #32 on: November 14, 2016, 09:41:44 pm »
One murder mystery series I got hooked on from Netflix was "Poriot". Great acting, lovely sets. And old automobiles and trains.

I only saw one episode and he died.  Without giving info that's a spoiler, did the show return after that??

And if so, HOW??   ^-^

@Freya

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
« Reply #33 on: November 14, 2016, 09:44:52 pm »
I only saw one episode and he died.  Without giving info that's a spoiler, did the show return after that??

And if so, HOW??   ^-^

@Freya

Agatha Christie wrote a lot of books with Hercule Poriot. The last book she ever wrote was "Curtain" and that was when she killed off Poriot because she was elderly at the time and couldn't write anymore.

You started at the end. You need to start at the beginning. It ran for 23 years.

P.S. the best ones were the early ones IMHO.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2016, 09:45:51 pm by Freya »

Offline musiclady

« Reply #34 on: November 14, 2016, 09:48:35 pm »

Agatha Christie wrote a lot of books with Hercule Poriot. The last book she ever wrote was "Curtain" and that was when she killed off Poriot because she was elderly at the time and couldn't write anymore.

You started at the end. You need to start at the beginning. It ran for 23 years.

P.S. the best ones were the early ones IMHO.

Oh............ that's interesting.  I was watching at a friend's house and that was the episode that was on.

Thanks for the info!

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
« Reply #35 on: November 14, 2016, 09:50:06 pm »
Oh............ that's interesting.  I was watching at a friend's house and that was the episode that was on.

Thanks for the info!

I think you will really like them @musiclady

If you watch them let me know what you think, please.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #36 on: November 14, 2016, 09:53:40 pm »
I think you will really like them @musiclady

If you watch them let me know what you think, please.

Will do!  Edited to say that I see they are on Netflix.  ^-^
« Last Edit: November 14, 2016, 09:54:37 pm by musiclady »

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
« Reply #37 on: November 14, 2016, 09:54:45 pm »
Will do!  Are they on Netflix?

Yes ma'am! All 13 seasons.

geronl

« Reply #38 on: November 14, 2016, 09:55:52 pm »
That'd sure be different.

You should write to somebody and ask them to do that.     :dx1:

Looks like it has been redone in comic book form a couple of times, or at least new covers judging from a Google image search

The art style sure changed a lot.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2016, 10:01:14 pm by geronl »

Offline WhatWouldReaganDo

« Reply #39 on: November 14, 2016, 10:14:01 pm »
Elementary is still on? I gave up on that a while back because it got stupid. Same for Blacklist. Who's dumb idea was it to kill off Lizzie? The damn show is about her and Red.

The other shows I never heard of. Can't think of one network show we watch anymore.

Lizzie is NOT dead.
Down the centuries, you have slurred the meaning of the words, "We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty, to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution". These words and the words that follow, were not written only for the Yangs, but for the Kohms as well! They must apply to everyone, or they mean nothing! - James Tiberius Kirk

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #40 on: November 15, 2016, 05:19:54 pm »
The wife and I really like "Never Call Saul." "Fargo('s)"  first two seasons were somewhat interesting. As far as "new" shows, that's about it.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #41 on: November 15, 2016, 05:24:06 pm »
Lizzie is NOT dead.

See. They lost me before they could come up with some nonsense way of bringing her back. Maybe I will catch up with it when the new season hits Netflix.

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #42 on: November 18, 2016, 11:11:34 pm »
With Amazon and Netflix now competing for TV series, the networks are going to have to up their game.

I just binged watched The Crown on Netflix in three days, one of the best shows I've ever seen. It is the most expensive television series ever made, not because it is over the top, but they spared no expense to make every single detail accurate. The acting and writing are brilliant.

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/tv/la-et-st-the-crown-review-20161103-snap-story.html

You can add Hulu to the list as well.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #43 on: November 18, 2016, 11:13:01 pm »

SlingTV is $20 or 25.

I have SlingTV and I love it.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #44 on: November 19, 2016, 01:43:05 am »
Elementary is still on? I gave up on that a while back because it got stupid. Same for Blacklist. Who's dumb idea was it to kill off Lizzie? The damn show is about her and Red.

The other shows I never heard of. Can't think of one network show we watch anymore.

@Frank Cannon

Uhhhhh,she wasn't killed off. She's right back there beating the hell out of males,females,and undecideds,without even breaking into a sweat.

I'd tell you what happened,but don't want to spoil several episodes for you if you want to catch up. Split season right now in hiatus.  The second half-comes back in Jan.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #45 on: November 19, 2016, 01:46:10 am »

SlingTV is $20 or 25.

@truth_seeker

Screw Sling tv. Get a ROKU-3 or 4 and pull in close to 4,000 channels,most free.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #46 on: November 19, 2016, 01:50:58 am »

@Freya

You don't need Netflix. Go to PBS and start recording/watching Masterpiece Mystery and Masterpiece Theater. There is a BUNCH of that stuff. You will probably enjoy Sherlock and Inspector Lewis,too.

Not to mention "Danger,UXB",about a WW-2 British unit that disarmed Nazi's bombs that didn't explode on impact like they were designed to do.

And Foyle's War,about a Scotland Yard Chief Detective that solves crimes during WW-2.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #47 on: November 19, 2016, 01:53:59 am »
The wife and I really like "Never Call Saul." "Fargo('s)"  first two seasons were somewhat interesting. As far as "new" shows, that's about it.

@goatprairie

If you didn't watch "Breaking Bad",start doing so right now with episode 1,season 1. I don't think there was a single episode of that series that didn't end with me saying "DAYUM! I didn't see THAT coming!"

Breaking Bad was where Saul got his start.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #48 on: November 19, 2016, 02:05:45 am »
@truth_seeker

Screw Sling tv. Get a ROKU-3 or 4 and pull in close to 4,000 channels,most free.

I have a Roku (now 3 of them) but for my wife, Sling TV gives her several channels, and I need to convince the ladies of the house it is okay to give up their beloved cable TV.

I am also in need of a better antenna setup.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #49 on: November 19, 2016, 02:11:29 am »
I have a Roku (now 3 of them) but for my wife, Sling TV gives her several channels, and I need to convince the ladies of the house it is okay to give up their beloved cable TV.

I am also in need of a better antenna setup.

@truth_seeker

http://www.channelmaster.com/Special_Offers_s/364.htm?Click=124486

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0024R4B5C/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

BTW,I like those RCA antennas so much I use two of them,one for the house and one for the workshop,and have given two to friends as presents.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2016, 02:12:20 am by sneakypete »