Author Topic: Of All Things to Consider, Consider Repealing Public Broadcasting  (Read 16483 times)

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Re: Of All Things to Consider, Consider Repealing Public Broadcasting
« Reply #75 on: November 17, 2016, 04:26:05 pm »

Strawman, dude.

@Weird Tolkienish Figure

ONLY if you think the government has no duty to inform the public that finances the government.

This obviously isn't the case now in the modern world where we have satellites broadcasting programming 24/7,but it really wasn't that long ago that PBS was the ONLY tv stations a lot of people that lived in rural America could pull in. To them it was priceless. I'm old enough to remember those days,and how excited I was to discover a channel that wasn't CBS. Finding the PBS channel doubled the number of channels I could watch and gave me a choice.

Of course in these modern times they have expanded greatly,but you still see interesting programs on your local PBS channel that you won't see anywhere else.

Or would,if your dog would quit chewing on your dogma long enough to let you actually watch it.

Today
« Last Edit: November 17, 2016, 04:30:33 pm by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #76 on: November 17, 2016, 04:38:35 pm »
@Sanguine

Yeah,causen you are a special little snowflake,and the only things in life that are important are what YOU  want,right?

What's keeping you from moving to a island somewhere or going to live in a cave so you don't have to be concerned with what other people want?

@sneakypete, looks like you totally mis-read my comment.  Try it again and get back to me.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #77 on: November 17, 2016, 04:40:23 pm »
@Weird Tolkienish Figure

ONLY if you think the government has no duty to inform the public that finances the government.

This obviously isn't the case now in the modern world where we have satellites broadcasting programming 24/7,but it really wasn't that long ago that PBS was the ONLY tv stations a lot of people that lived in rural America could pull in. To them it was priceless. I'm old enough to remember those days,and how excited I was to discover a channel that wasn't CBS. Finding the PBS channel doubled the number of channels I could watch and gave me a choice.

Of course in these modern times they have expanded greatly,but you still see interesting programs on your local PBS channel that you won't see anywhere else.

Or would,if your dog would quit chewing on your dogma long enough to let you actually watch it.

Today

I don't watch TV, period. I will watch morning joe and football sometimes.  :shrug:

I believe the Constitution mentions roads, it does not mention the CPB or public broadcasting.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #78 on: November 17, 2016, 08:58:03 pm »
@IsailedawayfromFR

Your ignorance of the subject is on display for everyone to see.

Your dogma is flat chewing your ass UP,

Then you are categorically incorrect.

Assumptions by you do not make an assumption a fact.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

« Reply #79 on: November 17, 2016, 09:09:15 pm »
FACT,I AM a "Liberal". So were the Founding Fathers.

Exactly where did you pull out that fact on our country's first citizens were 'liberal'?

Seems you are wanton to just make things up as they suit you.

The individuals who wrote our Constitution did not adhere to a philosophy which apparently you do that it is permissive for the federal government to extract tribute from this country's citizens in order to pay for costs like you advocate.

If that is your definition of liberal, you are sadly mistaken.  School failed you.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

« Reply #80 on: November 17, 2016, 09:18:22 pm »
"If local PBS wishes to extract government money from taxpayers to broadcast, why not from state or local entities rather than forcing all Americans to pay tribute?"

That is EXACTLY what they do. EACH PBS station is OWNED BY THE STATE IT IS LOCATED IN.

That's why IF you would watch PBS you would would see mentioned during the credits of a lot of shows credits a notice saying something like "produced (or Provided) by Boston PBS","Chicago PBS",etc,etc,etc. They are identified by city because there is more than one PBS station creating,producing,and broadcasting shows in most states. They then rent or lease this original programs to PBS stations in other states to pay off the production costs and sometime turn a profit they use to produce more "free to the public" broadcasting. They use some of that money to lease shows from BBC like Masterpiece Theater,Sherlock,etc,etc,etc.

You have a problem with that?

Yes, I have a problem if my tax dollars are used to fund a show.  This country values the individual's freedom to make his own decisions. And to spend his own money the way he sees fit.

You advocate a nanny state that permits a government to forcibly extract money from its citizens to pay for things. That takes away from those same citizen's freedoms as they cannot spend that money on what they wish to spend it on.

Read the Constitution some time. You will find out what certain items the citizens of this country permit the federal government to fund.  It might be helpful to you to ascertain how this country actually is supposed to function.

Reminder: $445 million went to CPB which helped fund PBS.

« Reply #81 on: November 17, 2016, 09:22:01 pm »
"And what the Federal govt should be doing vs state and local governments is another thing."

If you had paid attention to what I wrote,you would have read my post that the states provide most of the funding for PBS that doesn't come from public donations. EACH PBS station that broadcasts is controlled by the state where it is located. The ONLY federal money that goes to PBS is for administration between the feral and state governments.

So your earlier comment that no federal dollars go to fund PBS is an admitted lie.  Do you even realize that the CPB, which is federally funded, uses its budget to make content for PBS?

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #82 on: November 17, 2016, 09:27:42 pm »
@To-Whose-Benefit?

I didn't even bother to read it. You obviously have an agenda,and you are not about to allow the truth to get in the way.

When you start out with a false premise,everything that follows is shit.

You know, Pete, I'm trying to be civil here, but being told By you that my posting and conclusions I've drawn from it are 'Shit' after you've admitted you don't have a Clue because you refuse to even Read it (one of the authors of the Federalist Papers - to which SCOTUS is supposed to refer when SCOTUS desires further Constitutional clarity), is not exactly reassuring.

Allow the Truth to get in my way? Whose Truth? Your's? I'm shit because You've INTUITED that I don't watch PBS, but Your Truth is so much truer than mine that even reading James Madison is beneath your contempt???

Pete, if this really IS you, the REAL Sneakypete, I'd change my password if I were you, because the most generous construction I can put on your tirade is that Some A##hole has hacked your identity here at TBR and is using it to post stupid comments.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #83 on: November 17, 2016, 11:29:23 pm »
@sneakypete, looks like you totally mis-read my comment.  Try it again and get back to me.

@Sanguine

Ok,I read it again,and still came to the same conclusion. What am I missing?

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #84 on: November 17, 2016, 11:29:45 pm »
Quote from: sneakypete on November 16, 2016, 07:57:07 PM

@To-Whose-Benefit?

I didn't even bother to read it. You obviously have an agenda,and you are not about to allow the truth to get in the way.

Well, Thank The Almighty. At least there's One of us here whose on the ball.

You're informed, and I'm shit.

You watch PBS. I read Madison.

Yessiree. Ain't no pulling the wool over Your eyes.

And since you didn't feel my posting of James Madison's take on the Constitution was even worth your Truth Divining Oracle of Delphi Super Powers, I don't expect you to read This post either.

It's for the other folks here.

Unless, of course, you're Really Certain you actually Want to take another shot at pointing out my 'shit'.

This is my profile page from FR.

The following are facts.

The Constitution is the highest law of the land. It is a written document and as such its meaning is not subject to change. The Founders sweated and argued out the choice of every word, phrase, paragraph, colon, semi colon, and period for just and reasonable cause.

The Founders included within the Constitution a legal method for us to step outside of its original rules. That method is Article V: the process of Amending the Constitution: which is intentionally a very difficult process assuring that it would be used only in cases of extreme, actual need.

The Founders therefore did not intend for us to play fast and loose with what they labored so hard to create, which is why they said exactly that.

Art. 6 Clause 2 provides:

This Constitution, and the Laws of the United States which shall be made in Pursuance thereof; and all Treaties made, or which shall be made, under the Authority of the United States, shall be the supreme Law of the land; and the Judges in every State shall be bound thereby, any Thing in the Constitution or Laws of any State to the Contrary notwithstanding.

However, since our political class assume to know more about it than those of us who've actually Read it, a refresher course for Their edification appears in order.

The following are my opinions.

We have more than too many laws suffocating our perfect Constitution as it is. To rectify that encumbrance the next law we must pass must address those too many laws.

That next law shall require that for every new law which shall be passed the people passing it shall first repeal six existing laws. Where those six laws shall be found shall not be as important as that they shall be found, and they shall be repealed.

This is called a reasonable approach. We the People will meet you the Government halfway.

You’re welcome to start cleaning up the mess anywhere you choose because that mess is everywhere, so long as you start actually cleaning it up.

Any law needing to be interpreted by an Administrative Law Judge in order to give that law effect, shall not become a Law until it shall have been simplified and made sufficiently specific to obviate any Administrative Law Judge involvement.

When anyone discovers that the Law means something other than what the law clearly or otherwise states (see preceding simplified and specific clause) when they get to Court, then Whomever is responsible for that misconstruction of the law’s stated intent shall be fined and or imprisioned by the State and or bamboozled party, and shall possess no immunity from prosecution for Civil compensatory damages by the bamboozled party.

This is called a reasonable approach. We the People will meet you the Government halfway.

All Laws, Regulations and Rules enacted at any level of Government which do not conform to the clearly expressed intent and letter of our Constitution, shall henceforth be required of our existing Administrative Law Judges to either be made to conform to the clearly expressed intent and letter of our Constitution or to be declared null, void and inoperative by our existing Administrative Law Judges. Decades of ‘Through The Looking Glass’ Judicial, Legislative and Regulatory Agency activist precedent citing shall not be any defense against impeachment and or fines and or imprisionment.

Since the adverb Administrative is derived from the verb Administer meaning to manage or run something, the Constitution shall henceforth become the primary something being Administered. Secondary consequences and or perceived inconveniences to specially protected Agendas discovered in penumbrated somethings which needs must over ride the primary something shall henceforth become officially, SOL.

This is called a reasonable approach. We the People will meet you the Government halfway, and rather than Firing our Administrative Law Judges, we will continue to pay them subject to the adjustment that they will be required to work For us instead of Against us.

Firstly among those reimposition of the Constitution consequences shall become the actualized understanding that Sec 4 of the 14th Amendment’s “validity of the public debt of the United States, authorized by law” clause shall be applicable only to acts of Congress which are in fact actually lawful under Article 1 Sections 7, 8, and 9 rather than the current theft of everything every Citizen owns through the Federal Reserve System’s violation of Congress discharging its mandated duty under Art. 1 Sec 8 Clause 5:

“To coin Money, regulate the Value thereof, and of foreign Coin, and fix the Standard of Weights and Measures;”
Art. 1 Sec 8 Clause 5 mandates the coining of money, not the imprinting of cloth, paper, or any non metallic substance with any image which has presently abandoned even its former warranting to the bearer that its face IOU promissory shall be redeemed for gold or silver (immutable equity) which value shall be subjected to the impossibility of being recalculated and devalued minute by minute by combined Congressional Profligacy and such Private Sector Transference of Public Equities and Securities considerations as have bought Congress their Unconstitutional, rebellious and insurrectionary epidemic of bank fraud and check forgings.

Failure by the Federal Reserve System to immediately cease and desist any and all of its operations shall subject any and all officers and or employees of the Federal Reserve System to prosecution under Art 1 Sec 8 Clause 6:

“To provide for the Punishment of counterfeiting the Securities and current Coin of the United States;

Article 1 Sec 8 Clause 1 states in defining and circumscribing the powers of Congress:

“The Congress shall have Power To lay and collect Taxes, Duties, Imposts and Excises, to pay the Debts and provide for the common Defence and general Welfare of the United States; but all Duties, Imposts and Excises shall be uniform throughout the United States;”

The ‘general Welfare’ clause exists nowhere else in the Constitution except in its introductory preamble:

The Clauses of Art 1 Sec 8 following Clause 1 therefore define the sum total of Congress legitimate powers to legislate into existence and as we’re now suffering Out of existence, the ‘general Welfare’ of the United States.

This is called a reasonable approach. We the People will meet you the Government halfway, because halting Government’s epidemic counterfeiting, bank fraud, and check forging is a more reasonable approach than trying to round up all the perpetrators, deliver them into Court, get them tried, prosecuted, convicted, and incarcerated.

As for State and Local Governments:

Article 1 Section 10 states:

“No State shall . . . pass any . . . law impairing the obligation of contracts.”

As the Constitution is the highest law of the land it is therefore the highest legally binding Contract between We the People and those we have Contracted with to govern us.

I didn’t contract for Any of these Impairments on the Obligations of My Constitutional Contract with Governments at State or at any other subsidiary level and I doubt very much that you did either.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #85 on: November 17, 2016, 11:30:48 pm »

I don't watch TV, period. I will watch morning joe and football sometimes.  :shrug:

I believe the Constitution mentions roads, it does not mention the CPB or public broadcasting.

@Weird Tolkienish Figure

Ok,your choice,but my points still stand.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #86 on: November 17, 2016, 11:32:49 pm »
Exactly where did you pull out that fact on our country's first citizens were 'liberal'?

@IsailedawayfromFR

Ever heard of a little thing called "World History"?

Look it up. I am not responsible for your education. It's up to you to cure your ignorance.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #87 on: November 17, 2016, 11:35:33 pm »
So your earlier comment that no federal dollars go to fund PBS is an admitted lie.  Do you even realize that the CPB, which is federally funded, uses its budget to make content for PBS?

@IsailedawayfromFR

You are a professional fool. Continue to stew in your ignorance and brag about it. I have better things to do with my time than try to train monkeys.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2016, 11:35:59 pm by sneakypete »

« Reply #88 on: November 18, 2016, 12:18:23 am »
@IsailedawayfromFR

You are a professional fool. Continue to stew in your ignorance and brag about it. I have better things to do with my time than try to train monkeys.
Excellent post to try to dissuade all readers of this thread that refutes the facts I laid out.

You need a serious education on the history of this country.  The 'better things to do with my time' could be directed towards that, perhaps?

Till then, there is little hope for you.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #89 on: November 18, 2016, 04:38:45 am »
Just gonna make one small comment.

PBS shows a lot of BBC programs. BBC programs are made using money obtained from the obligatory TV license fee in the UK - currently £142 per yer, £122 if you are blind or over 70.
Not having a TV license gets you an automatic court date - no way out of it, even if you don't have a TV, and a £1000 fine unless you are exceptionally persuasive.

I hope you all enjoy the programs I had NO choice but to pay for.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #90 on: November 18, 2016, 03:41:01 pm »
Just gonna make one small comment.

PBS shows a lot of BBC programs. BBC programs are made using money obtained from the obligatory TV license fee in the UK - currently £142 per yer, £122 if you are blind or over 70.
Not having a TV license gets you an automatic court date - no way out of it, even if you don't have a TV, and a £1000 fine unless you are exceptionally persuasive.

I hope you all enjoy the programs I had NO choice but to pay for.

Some of those programs, like Sherlock, are fantastic.  I thank you even if your government does not.

Offline Quix

• Times R a changin' Walk with God!
« Reply #91 on: November 18, 2016, 05:18:02 pm »
Quote from: sneakypete on November 16, 2016, 07:57:07 PM

I love your knowledge and the way you think.

I sure wish there was some hope of such remedies to our current globalist-rush-to-hell-mess.

After Armageddon, whatever's left of the USA MIGHT pursue such goals as you articulate so well.

Have pondered such things a lot.

One thing I keep coming back to is one law:

ALL THINGS CONSIDERED--was the deed done loving, or not?

I realize court cases would build up precedent that would then acquire a level of law . . . but I think it might be possible to try and keep the focus on each case on it's own merits.

I'd also like to see something in the Constitution about term limits as well as identifying the MOST HUMBLE PERSONs OF HIGH INTEGRITY in a given jurisdiction to serve as the top leader etc. etc. and particularly as judges

And that any serious fault found in either the humility or high integrity would require immediate removal from positions of leadership.

Could be tricky administering but it would likely at least be far better than the system we have.

Thanks.

@To-Whose-Benefit?

Well, Thank The Almighty. At least there's One of us here whose on the ball.

You're informed, and I'm shit.

You watch PBS. I read Madison.

Yessiree. Ain't no pulling the wool over Your eyes.

And since you didn't feel my posting of James Madison's take on the Constitution was even worth your Truth Divining Oracle of Delphi Super Powers, I don't expect you to read This post either.

It's for the other folks here.

Unless, of course, you're Really Certain you actually Want to take another shot at pointing out my 'shit'.

This is my profile page from FR.

The following are facts.

The Constitution is the highest law of the land. It is a written document and as such its meaning is not subject to change. The Founders sweated and argued out the choice of every word, phrase, paragraph, colon, semi colon, and period for just and reasonable cause.

The Founders included within the Constitution a legal method for us to step outside of its original rules. That method is Article V: the process of Amending the Constitution: which is intentionally a very difficult process assuring that it would be used only in cases of extreme, actual need.

The Founders therefore did not intend for us to play fast and loose with what they labored so hard to create, which is why they said exactly that.

Art. 6 Clause 2 provides:

This Constitution, and the Laws of the United States which shall be made in Pursuance thereof; and all Treaties made, or which shall be made, under the Authority of the United States, shall be the supreme Law of the land; and the Judges in every State shall be bound thereby, any Thing in the Constitution or Laws of any State to the Contrary notwithstanding.

However, since our political class assume to know more about it than those of us who've actually Read it, a refresher course for Their edification appears in order.

The following are my opinions.

We have more than too many laws suffocating our perfect Constitution as it is. To rectify that encumbrance the next law we must pass must address those too many laws.

That next law shall require that for every new law which shall be passed the people passing it shall first repeal six existing laws. Where those six laws shall be found shall not be as important as that they shall be found, and they shall be repealed.

You’re welcome to start cleaning up the mess anywhere you choose because that mess is everywhere, so long as you start actually cleaning it up.

Any law needing to be interpreted by an Administrative Law Judge in order to give that law effect, shall not become a Law until it shall have been simplified and made sufficiently specific to obviate any Administrative Law Judge involvement.

When anyone discovers that the Law means something other than what the law clearly or otherwise states (see preceding simplified and specific clause) when they get to Court, then Whomever is responsible for that misconstruction of the law’s stated intent shall be fined and or imprisioned by the State and or bamboozled party, and shall possess no immunity from prosecution for Civil compensatory damages by the bamboozled party.

All Laws, Regulations and Rules enacted at any level of Government which do not conform to the clearly expressed intent and letter of our Constitution, shall henceforth be required of our existing Administrative Law Judges to either be made to conform to the clearly expressed intent and letter of our Constitution or to be declared null, void and inoperative by our existing Administrative Law Judges. Decades of ‘Through The Looking Glass’ Judicial, Legislative and Regulatory Agency activist precedent citing shall not be any defense against impeachment and or fines and or imprisionment.

Since the adverb Administrative is derived from the verb Administer meaning to manage or run something, the Constitution shall henceforth become the primary something being Administered. Secondary consequences and or perceived inconveniences to specially protected Agendas discovered in penumbrated somethings which needs must over ride the primary something shall henceforth become officially, SOL.

This is called a reasonable approach. We the People will meet you the Government halfway, and rather than Firing our Administrative Law Judges, we will continue to pay them subject to the adjustment that they will be required to work For us instead of Against us.

Firstly among those reimposition of the Constitution consequences shall become the actualized understanding that Sec 4 of the 14th Amendment’s “validity of the public debt of the United States, authorized by law” clause shall be applicable only to acts of Congress which are in fact actually lawful under Article 1 Sections 7, 8, and 9 rather than the current theft of everything every Citizen owns through the Federal Reserve System’s violation of Congress discharging its mandated duty under Art. 1 Sec 8 Clause 5:

“To coin Money, regulate the Value thereof, and of foreign Coin, and fix the Standard of Weights and Measures;”
Art. 1 Sec 8 Clause 5 mandates the coining of money, not the imprinting of cloth, paper, or any non metallic substance with any image which has presently abandoned even its former warranting to the bearer that its face IOU promissory shall be redeemed for gold or silver (immutable equity) which value shall be subjected to the impossibility of being recalculated and devalued minute by minute by combined Congressional Profligacy and such Private Sector Transference of Public Equities and Securities considerations as have bought Congress their Unconstitutional, rebellious and insurrectionary epidemic of bank fraud and check forgings.

Failure by the Federal Reserve System to immediately cease and desist any and all of its operations shall subject any and all officers and or employees of the Federal Reserve System to prosecution under Art 1 Sec 8 Clause 6:

“To provide for the Punishment of counterfeiting the Securities and current Coin of the United States;

Article 1 Sec 8 Clause 1 states in defining and circumscribing the powers of Congress:

“The Congress shall have Power To lay and collect Taxes, Duties, Imposts and Excises, to pay the Debts and provide for the common Defence and general Welfare of the United States; but all Duties, Imposts and Excises shall be uniform throughout the United States;”

The ‘general Welfare’ clause exists nowhere else in the Constitution except in its introductory preamble:

The Clauses of Art 1 Sec 8 following Clause 1 therefore define the sum total of Congress legitimate powers to legislate into existence and as we’re now suffering Out of existence, the ‘general Welfare’ of the United States.

This is called a reasonable approach. We the People will meet you the Government halfway, because halting Government’s epidemic counterfeiting, bank fraud, and check forging is a more reasonable approach than trying to round up all the perpetrators, deliver them into Court, get them tried, prosecuted, convicted, and incarcerated.

As for State and Local Governments:

Article 1 Section 10 states:

“No State shall . . . pass any . . . law impairing the obligation of contracts.”

As the Constitution is the highest law of the land it is therefore the highest legally binding Contract between We the People and those we have Contracted with to govern us.

I didn’t contract for Any of these Impairments on the Obligations of My Constitutional Contract with Governments at State or at any other subsidiary level and I doubt very much that you did either.
Forgive all; In all things Thank God; Love all. Love 1st, most & always... BE CALM & DO THE NEXT LOVING THING.
POTTERY SITE ON ETSY: https://www.etsy.com/shop/ACTIVELOVE
QUIX thread for Quix GLOBALISM, UFO ETC topics here:http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php?topic=206517.new#new WILLIAM TOMPKINS Disclosure bk thread: http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,224639.0.html . Calling: To afflict the comfortable & comfort the afflicted[/

« Reply #92 on: November 22, 2016, 04:02:12 pm »
@IsailedawayfromFR

AFAIK,the only taxpayer funding are in the form of tax deductions from foundation contributions. No direct federal funding goes to PBS. Not sure about state funding for state PBS channels because they do produce education programs,some not even leftist political propaganda. BUT.....,if they do,it is MUCH easier to shut that down in your state if you want it shut down.

Obviously lies get exploded by the truth.
http://www.breitbart.com/california/2016/11/22/npr-donald-trump-may-defund-500-million-public-broadcasting/
With President-elect Trump promising to pay for his infrastructure and defense spending by defunding non-essential federal spending, one of the first programs on the block could be the almost $500 million spent on public broadcasting.

Despite repeated efforts to kill federal funding of public broadcasting since Republicans won the House in 2010 and Presidential-nominee Mitt Romney made it a campaign promise in 2012, the U.S. Departments of Labor, Health and Human Services, and Education are spending $470.7 million in U.S. taxpayer cash to fund the Corporation for Public Broadcasting (CPB) this year, which provides 15 percent of PBS television and 10 percent of NPR radio broadcasting funding.

Although their charter requires strict non-partisan programing, the public broadcasters are accused of leaning left. An NPR article described the 2016 election results as “nostalgia for a whiter America.”

After Joel Pollak, who serves as Breitbart’s Senior Editor-at-Large and In-house Counsel, defended its Executive Chairman Stephen K. Bannon from false and defamatory claims of antisemitism and “white nationalism” in a Nov. 16 interview, NPR’s ombudsman/public editor Elizabeth Jensen recommended that the taxpayer-funded radio news service bar future live interviews of conservatives, who may be “normalizing hate speech.” Instead, guests with presumably controversial views should be pre-taped, she said, so that their opinions might be “contextualized.” (NPR clarified on Monday evening that it will continue to air live interviews with conservatives.)

The CPB was supposedly founded as a non-partisan not-for-profit corporation in 1967 as part of President Lyndon Baines Johnson’s “Great Society.” The President trumpeted that by signing the bill, “It announces to the world that our nation wants more than just material wealth; our nation wants more than a ‘chicken in every pot.’ We in America have an appetite for excellence, too.”

Originally funded with a $5 million grant, the CPB quickly became controversial for its liberal programing, such as Washington Week in Review, Bill Moyers, The Great American Dream Machine, and the documentary Banks and the Poor, which alleged that many major banks discriminated against poor customers.

The Carter administration was unsuccessful in 1978 when it tried to convince a Democratic Congress to appropriate $200 million to CPB for each of the next five years. But since then, U.S. taxpayers have spent generously on public broadcasting — over $10 billion in the past five decades. Despite recessions, CPB’s budget has only been trimmed four times during the period.

In keeping with President Johnson’s statement that “our nation wants more than a chicken in every pot,” public broadcasting not-for-profits are known for paying egregiously high executive compensation. According to the latest data available for the 2013 fiscal year, PBS’s Paula Kerger pocketed $779,954 in salary, NPR’s Gary Knell banked $756,575, and CPB’s Patricia de Stacy Harrison received $434,364.

It is extremely difficult to break down exactly what portion of salaries is paid by taxpayers through CPB, PBS and NPR program grants.

The launch of the Great Society coincided with the beginning of the end of America’s blue-collar prosperity. Over the next 40 years, working class Americans have seen their wages shrink as factories and mines and shops in their communities were shuttered.

It was working class Americans that just gave President-elect Donald Trump his improbable victory. They want the type of tax cuts and infrastructure spending that will put back the “chicken in every pot.“ Many see little or no benefit in continued federal spending on elitist public broadcasting.

Offline SunkenCiv

• This is SunkenCiv.
  • I'm Junger than that now.
    • Gods, Graves, Glyphs (we're new)
« Reply #93 on: November 27, 2016, 05:30:42 pm »
Damned right.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Gods, Graves, Glyphs forum (we're new) Darwin Central (posting as Ned Ludlam) my FR posts, SunkenCiv?, FR topic by nuconvert

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #94 on: December 02, 2016, 11:52:02 am »
With all the screaming by the left around AM radio and the fairness doctrine.  it's cricket sounds when the discussion ensues that the government has had a tax payer subsidized a left wing media outlet for 45 years.

Truth be known, I'd bet endowment money would keep this POS afloat to eternity.  I call on PBS to completely open those books.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #95 on: December 02, 2016, 02:27:37 pm »
Obviously lies get exploded by the truth.

@IsailedawayfromFR

Are you calling me a liar?
« Last Edit: December 02, 2016, 02:28:11 pm by sneakypete »

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #96 on: December 02, 2016, 02:54:50 pm »
Please let's cool our jets here, guys.  I don't want to edit or delete your comments, but I will if it means keeping this site engaging for everyone.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #97 on: December 02, 2016, 03:38:16 pm »
@IsailedawayfromFR

Ever heard of a little thing called "World History"?

If you are alluding to PBS, their slant and content on world history is strikingly liberal.

Leftist like Kenneth Burns, Bill Moyers, Henry Louis Gates dominate this POS.   

I'd rather have tax dollars go elsewhere, or at least somewhere neutral.

« Last Edit: December 02, 2016, 03:39:21 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #98 on: December 02, 2016, 03:39:09 pm »
This is another thread that might not be a bad idea to close down.  :shrug:

Just my $.02.

« Reply #99 on: December 02, 2016, 06:58:31 pm »

@IsailedawayfromFR

Are you calling me a liar?

If you say something that is not factual, then that may be the definition of one doing such.

You punch away instead of examining the facts.

Cannot have a discussion with someone with a burr under the saddle.