Author Topic: Obama’s ‘legacy’ drive lost Florida for Clinton  (Read 614 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Obama’s ‘legacy’ drive lost Florida for Clinton
« on: November 12, 2016, 01:27:05 pm »
Opinion
Obama’s ‘legacy’ drive lost Florida for Clinton

By Mike Gonzalez

November 11, 2016 | 9:17pm

‘Pride goeth before destruction,” Proverbs 16:18 reminds us, and so it was in this election.

The evidence is mounting that President Obama’s overzealous defense of his “opening Cuba” gambit cost Hillary Clinton the state of Florida. That misstep could end up wiping out most of the president’s carefully curated “legacy” achievements.

For the president and his young Deputy National Security Adviser Ben Rhodes, the establishment of diplomatic relations with one of the world’s last communist dictatorships became something they weirdly defended from any criticism. Even the smallest amendment that watered down coddling the Castros drew fulminating threats of vetoes from the White House.

Then in late October, President Obama went for broke and decided to stick a bigger needle in his opponents’ eye.

more
http://nypost.com/2016/11/11/obamas-legacy-drive-lost-florida-for-clinton/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Re: Obama’s ‘legacy’ drive lost Florida for Clinton
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2016, 02:00:11 pm »
This about Clinton losing out on the Cuba issue also flies in the face of the conventional narrative,

That the older people remembered the old Cuba and were remaining Republican but the younger people welcomed the deal. Now this throws a question into that.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2016, 02:04:23 pm »
This about Clinton losing out on the Cuba issue also flies in the face of the conventional narrative,

That the older people remembered the old Cuba and were remaining Republican but the younger people welcomed the deal. Now this throws a question into that.

Older Cuban Americans remember the old Cuba and the new ones don't.

Both however remember Elian Gonzalez.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2016, 02:27:50 pm »

That was my first thought when I saw Florida go Red. The first thing I said was, 'Cuba and Castro'. But more than just Florida, there are Cuban enclaves all over the country. And Hillary lost all those too.

I used to work with Cuban people. And they HATED Castro. Some of them risked their lives to get away for him. They would spit after saying his name. Needless to say, they were very much against Obama's Cuban 'reset'.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline r9etb

« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2016, 03:39:00 pm »
I used to work with Cuban people. And they HATED Castro. Some of them risked their lives to get away for him. They would spit after saying his name. Needless to say, they were very much against Obama's Cuban 'reset'.

All of the above is no doubt true, but the simple explanation for Obama's behavior is that it's another of his ridiculous "I said it, so it will be so" moments.  "I'll fix the Cuba thing, when nobody else could."  Just like he fixed so many other things....