Author Topic: NeverTrumpers Eat Humble Pie  (Read 16640 times)

Offline RoosGirl

Re: NeverTrumpers Eat Humble Pie
« Reply #25 on: November 12, 2016, 03:22:28 pm »
Somehow opposition to Obamacare has morphed from being against government-controlled healthcare to supporting government-controlled healthcare so long as "our side" designs the control.

It has been so with Republicans for quite some time now.  They don't want smaller gov't, they just want to be the ones in charge.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #26 on: November 12, 2016, 03:22:45 pm »
Somehow opposition to Obamacare has morphed from being against government-controlled healthcare to supporting government-controlled healthcare so long as "our side" designs the control.

We are probably going to find the same dynamic when it comes to deficits and debt
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Mom MD

« Reply #27 on: November 12, 2016, 03:23:50 pm »
No, Trump is not.  Please, have we at least learned to question MSM spin by now?   **nononono*

This is one of the reasons I was a very reluctant Trumper.  I do not think he is what you folks who enthusiastically backed him think he is. Time will tell, and I hope I am wrong, but I think in the long run we will see the New York liberal come out.....
God is still in control

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #28 on: November 12, 2016, 03:24:45 pm »
I've heard it said that a picture is worth a thousand words! This one is worth at least a million IMHO!

"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #29 on: November 12, 2016, 03:26:34 pm »
We are probably going to find the same dynamic when it comes to deficits and debt

Once government seizes control of something they rarely (if ever) relinquish that control.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #30 on: November 12, 2016, 03:30:08 pm »
Now with softer language so delicate Trumper sensitivities are unbruised.

Y'all can take your humble pie and shove it.

If you demand that people get in line and get on the plantation, expect people to resist your neodemocrat party.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #31 on: November 12, 2016, 03:33:13 pm »
I've heard it said that a picture is worth a thousand words! This one is worth at least a million IMHO!

Interesting map.

Although I'm surprised that north eastern Minnesota and northwestern Wisconsin are considered higher crime areas. Unless they are counting an over limit of walleyes in those crime statistics
« Last Edit: November 12, 2016, 03:34:10 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Offline Longmire

« Reply #32 on: November 12, 2016, 03:37:08 pm »
@DCPatriot Apparently the churlish nevertrump movement doesn't like the taste of humble pie.  :shrug:

Offline LMAO

« Reply #33 on: November 12, 2016, 03:38:56 pm »
Now with softer language so delicate Trumper sensitivities are unbruised.

Y'all can take your humble pie and shove it.

If you demand that people get in line and get on the plantation, expect people to resist your neodemocrat party.

I'm going to cut him some slack on this one

Especially after what the Obama Aministration did to him. So it's probably personal for him and understandably so

Barry Goldwater

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #34 on: November 12, 2016, 03:46:17 pm »
Interesting map.

Although I'm surprised that north eastern Minnesota and northwestern Wisconsin are considered higher crime areas. Unless they are counting an over limit of walleyes in those crime statistics
I suspect the crime map was just a map of the 2004 election by county.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #35 on: November 12, 2016, 03:48:45 pm »

I hope D'Souza was being sarcastic. (Using language like "get back on the reservation" is usually used in sarcasm.)

If not, remember, Trump defeated by a margin of about 70 electoral votes. There was no "almost" about it. Even if the NeverTrump's chosen candidate Evan McMullin had won Utah as we had wanted, that was only 6.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #36 on: November 12, 2016, 03:52:22 pm »
One thing that is glaringly obvious from those maps is that half of Yellowstone National Park has both a high crime rate and voted democrat. There isn't a person out there who can tell me now that introducing wolves unfettered back into a more polite society was a good idea.

Yes, use can use this as an analogy.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #37 on: November 12, 2016, 03:53:45 pm »

Not exactly. You guys may be right, but I'm not sure it will be government controlled. At least not in the way Obamacare or Single payer is. I mean healthcare has always been government controlled, if you count regulations.

My understanding is that Trump wants to return healthcare to the way it was before Obamacare, more or less, only with a few enhancements. But honestly, nobody knows what Trump has in mind. And we will not know the final product until it passes in Congress.

But, anything has to be better than Obamacare. Obamacare is an utter failure and a complete disaster. Weather or not Trump repeals it, it would fail of its own accord anyway in a few more years, at best. Something was going to happen, with or without Trump.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2016, 04:11:10 pm by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #38 on: November 12, 2016, 03:54:13 pm »
I suspect the crime map was just a map of the 2004 election by county.

Regardless of that I would bet that what the photo depicts is 100% true!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #39 on: November 12, 2016, 03:59:21 pm »
I'm going to sit back and see just how much of this actually happens.

https://assets.donaldjtrump.com/_landings/contract/O-TRU-102316-Contractv02.pdf

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #40 on: November 12, 2016, 04:08:51 pm »
Sorry DC, got to give you a yawn on this one.
The Republic is lost.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #41 on: November 12, 2016, 05:22:39 pm »
@DCPatriot Apparently the churlish nevertrump movement doesn't like the taste of humble pie.  :shrug:

Truthfully, I'm honestly shocked that @Bigun runs to get in my face!

....for just posting an article.      :laugh:

It says a lot.   
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #42 on: November 12, 2016, 05:23:35 pm »
Sorry DC, got to give you a yawn on this one.

Wasn't looking to crush one into the upper deck, @Free Vulcan  :laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #43 on: November 12, 2016, 05:25:25 pm »
Truthfully, I'm honestly shocked that @Bigun runs to get in my face!

....for just posting an article.      :laugh:

It says a lot.

I call um like I see um!  Always have and always will!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline flowers

« Reply #44 on: November 12, 2016, 05:26:22 pm »

I don't know what that is supposed to mean, but winning tastes real, real, good. Especially when it is followed by a glass of champagne and a big fat cigar. lol

Yes it does! 

Offline Rivergirl

« Reply #45 on: November 12, 2016, 05:40:36 pm »
Remember how pleased we all were when Obama constantly gloated about his election.
We loved hearing him say I WON
Couldn't get enough of it.
We see how that turned out.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #46 on: November 12, 2016, 06:05:01 pm »
Does it seem reminiscent of something, like this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pOkdHIglNTo
@Luis Gonzalez

Offline musiclady

« Reply #47 on: November 12, 2016, 06:17:13 pm »
I have never been PROUDER in my life of my vote AGAINST Trump, and AGAINST Hillary, and no matter what respect I have for Dinesh, I will never be on anyone's "reservation."

I can rest easy my entire life (as can my entire family) that we didn't vote for a man entirely devoid of integrity.

As happy as I am that Hillary is now going to (Lord willing) fade into oblivion, I will never, EVER regret, nor be humiliated by a vote for character, integrity and moral values.

NEVER.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #48 on: November 12, 2016, 06:18:44 pm »
Remember how pleased we all were when Obama constantly gloated about his election.
We loved hearing him say I WON
Couldn't get enough of it.
We see how that turned out.

LOL! @Rivergirl .

And I can bet some of these, if not ALL of these gloaters were horrified by Obama's ungracious, gloating arrogance after he "WON."
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #49 on: November 12, 2016, 06:19:37 pm »

Not exactly. You guys may be right, but I'm not sure it will be government controlled. At least not in the way Obamacare or Single payer is. I mean healthcare has always been government controlled, if you count regulations.

My understanding is that Trump wants to return healthcare to the way it was before Obamacare, more or less, only with a few enhancements. But honestly, nobody knows what Trump has in mind. And we will not know the final product until it passes in Congress.

But, anything has to be better than Obamacare. Obamacare is an utter failure and a complete disaster. Weather or not Trump repeals it, it would fail of its own accord anyway in a few more years, at best. Something was going to happen, with or without Trump.
I don't think our healthcare can ever be returned to anything near what it was before. The gooberment rolls of  overseer's has been expanded to much, the entitlement class grown to large and the acceptance of WHO intrusion to deep. We are saddled with ICD11 forcing small practice physicians to toss money they don't have into pit of electronic record keeping or lose 2% of their remittances each year until they are forced to either join a conglomerate practice, work a cash only practice or retire, which a great many have done squeezing the pool of caregivers even smaller. I am not ready to eat any sort of pie as far as Trump is concerned, at least not yet, Hell he hasn't been sworn in yet and right now all we are hearing and seeing is hearsay and gossip. I will wait until he is actually in office and well into his first year, only then will we know what we have for sure. I'm kind of tired of the rhetoric.