Author Topic: How the New Republican Majority Can Succeed  (Read 378 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
How the New Republican Majority Can Succeed
« on: November 11, 2016, 02:51:48 pm »
 How the New Republican Majority Can Succeed
With unified control of the federal government, Republicans have a chance to implement their policy vision.
By Charles Krauthammer — November 10, 2016

Donald Trump won fair and square and, as Hillary Clinton said in her concession speech, is owed an open mind and a chance to lead. It is therefore incumbent upon conservatives (like me) who have been highly critical of Trump to think through how to make a success of the coming years of Republican rule.

It begins by recognizing Trump’s remarkable political instincts. As Paul Ryan noted in his morning-after olive-branch news conference, Trump heard “a voice out in this country that no one else heard.” Trump spoke to and for a working class squeezed and ruined by rapid technological and economic transformation.

One of the principal tasks for the now-dominant GOP is to craft a governing agenda that actually alters their lives and prospects. In the end, it was this constituency of those left behind by the new globalized digital economy that delivered the presidency to Trump.

Nonetheless, this election was not just about the social/economic divide. It was also about the ideological divide between Left and Right. The most overlooked factor in the election is the continuing deep and widespread dissatisfaction with Obamaism.

more
http://www.nationalreview.com/node/442103/print
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Re: How the New Republican Majority Can Succeed
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2016, 03:37:01 am »
This is important, I don't know my history as well but it seems the Contract with America in the 1990s was a success but there should have been more done when Dubya was in the White House. I'm not sure if they did much good which saw them voted out en masse in 2008. It's was rather catastrophic.