Author Topic: Journalist who called for Trump assassination just got some bad news  (Read 7850 times)

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Re: Journalist who called for Trump assassination just got some bad news
« Reply #75 on: November 12, 2016, 12:18:11 am »
Yeah........... and I was born a teensy bit after the war, so they were only broadcasting in my toddlerhood.

It's been a loooong time since Conservatives got a fair shake in the news.

But then I was thinking about popular entertainment too.   Movie stars used to be patriots.  They used to love their country.   Now they're America haters just like academia and journalists.

I doubt the pendulum will ever swing back far enough to be fair to us....

@DCPatriot

What's going to swing the penulum.....

Today's 25 year old working two jobs...living in the basement, who had to be dragged, kicking and screaming into Trump's America...thinking back 30 years from now....with a tear in his eye, that it was Donald Trump that gave him a shot at the American Dream.

And it IS going to happen.     

Now....where were we, dear?    :laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #76 on: November 12, 2016, 12:55:45 am »
LOL!   Funny, when I was composing that reply to you, I thought the very same thing....should I say, " You know...like back in the days of Walter Winchell"  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Walter_Winchell

@DCPatriot

Walter Winchell is the first person credited for coining the word "FRenemy". Since banned at FR, yet not fully banned, I must be an FRenemy at TOS...
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #77 on: November 12, 2016, 02:42:58 am »

And how many people died as a result?   How much subsequent damage was caused to the world and to humanity as a result?   
Millions. When that domino went, Pol Pot was one of the results. God alone knows how many drowned trying to escape or were summarily shot by the Communists. The damage is incalculable.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #78 on: November 12, 2016, 02:45:03 am »
Yeah, that's kinda my point.  It's not just reserved for stealing yard signs and slapping on bumper stickers.  It unfortunately applies to every aspect of life.
But that' the funny thing about principles. If you have them, they apply to everything, not just some narrow aspect of your life. If you don't, well, that carries over, too.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #79 on: November 12, 2016, 04:08:24 am »
Good, much as I despised Clinton and Obama, I would never want to see them martyred.....err, assassinated and would never even dream of saying such a thing. Liberals however are all about emotion, chiefly hate and their go to solution always seems to be to call for the Republicans assassination, right after a really good cry, some feel good protests and oh yeah a riot or two. So called journalists that call for anyone's assassination should be terminated and ostracized.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #80 on: November 12, 2016, 04:11:28 am »
But that' the funny thing about principles. If you have them, they apply to everything, not just some narrow aspect of your life. If you don't, well, that carries over, too.

Absolutely, and there are many of us that would NEVER slap the bumper sticker on someone else's car.  But there are still plenty that would, and those types can be counted on to be a part of this conservative take-over that some think would be a great thing.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #81 on: November 12, 2016, 04:31:37 am »
The left is totally unhinged. Twitter is full of this. Toss all of the rat trolls in jail. They've done enough harm the last eight years. Scum.

Makes you no different and even worse than the wannabe despots and tyrants that they are.

How soon before you want your trains loaded up to go East?

Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #82 on: November 12, 2016, 12:17:01 pm »
I had a career in journalism. I find this to be abhorrent. Uncouth.

Bad manners.

I'm disgusted and sad and sick at heart.

G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline musiclady

« Reply #83 on: November 12, 2016, 05:25:51 pm »
Makes you no different and even worse than the wannabe despots and tyrants that they are.

How soon before you want your trains loaded up to go East?

It's amazing how upfront Tom is about his desire for fascism.

Not the least bit embarrassed to be saying the things he does.

I find the Trump follower phenomenon to be instructive.  The worst among them are the worst of the worst.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #84 on: November 12, 2016, 07:41:14 pm »
It's amazing how upfront Tom is about his desire for fascism.

Not the least bit embarrassed to be saying the things he does.

I find the Trump follower phenomenon to be instructive.  The worst among them are the worst of the worst.

Reminds me of the person at TOS who thought it would be a fabulous idea after Trump won for Trump to take all the networks and give them to conservatives, because the liberals have had a monopoly on all the networks for so long.  Maybe @TomSea was that person.  Certainly there can't be more than one person who believes that to be a grand idea.  Right?  Right???

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #85 on: November 13, 2016, 03:15:06 am »
Reminds me of the person at TOS who thought it would be a fabulous idea after Trump won for Trump to take all the networks and give them to conservatives, because the liberals have had a monopoly on all the networks for so long.  Maybe @TomSea was that person.  Certainly there can't be more than one person who believes that to be a grand idea.  Right?  Right???
There seems to be no shortage of people who think past wrongs can be righted by perpetrating other wrongs to benefit those who assert they were wronged.

With the media, the truth is that the market decided. People embraced or continued to consume what they were fed, like eating spoiled food and still paying the check. Unfortunately, the consumers still consume, even as the quality of the product nosedives. Had the major networks been restaurants, I wonder how many would still serve the poison they do, or would be out of business?

C S Lewis