Author Topic: Journalist who called for Trump assassination just got some bad news  (Read 7854 times)

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Re: Journalist who called for Trump assassination just got some bad news
« Reply #25 on: November 11, 2016, 10:12:32 pm »
I probably didn't word it right but that's pretty much what I meant, IE, I agree with you.

Sorry..... :laugh:   it's me.   
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline musiclady

« Reply #26 on: November 11, 2016, 10:13:04 pm »
I'd just as soon have a media corps who hates everybody equally, thank you very much.

That's the way it's supposed to be, isn't it??
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #27 on: November 11, 2016, 10:14:15 pm »
Now Invar, you know full well that only happened because the right people were not in charge...

:laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline musiclady

« Reply #28 on: November 11, 2016, 10:14:25 pm »
Argument against:

LOL!  You got THAT right!

Peas in a pod with Chrissy Mathews!

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #29 on: November 11, 2016, 10:14:49 pm »

You're gonna have to do better than that.   That's just one guy.   How many do they have?  30? 50? 100?   And that's just the talking heads.   How many editors,  programmers,  cameramen,  writers,  janitors,  etc.  in the studio that are left wing Democrat hacks?   

Virtually all of them.

No, all of them top to bottom. But a communist purge is a communist purge whether your flag says Trump, Stalin or Ronald Reagan.

I am ex media. I know how bad they are. And I know how full of shit the so called conservative media can be as well. Look what they did to Ted Cruz.

Offline r9etb

« Reply #30 on: November 11, 2016, 10:15:13 pm »
You're gonna have to do better than that.   That's just one guy.   How many do they have?  30? 50? 100?   And that's just the talking heads.   How many editors,  programmers,  cameramen,  writers,  janitors,  etc.  in the studio that are left wing Democrat hacks?   

Virtually all of them.

The point is that the tendency of a monolithic right-wing media complex will be toward the creation of a teeming host of Hannitys, just as the left-wing equivalent has led to idiots of the same low caliber.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #31 on: November 11, 2016, 10:16:49 pm »
The left is totally unhinged. Twitter is full of this. Toss all of the rat trolls in jail. They've done enough harm the last eight years. Scum.

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #32 on: November 11, 2016, 10:16:55 pm »
That's the way it's supposed to be, isn't it??

Would use the word "distrust" rather than "hate".  Then, yes.

A "WATCHER" is supposed to keep tabs on....and have equal access.

Offline r9etb

« Reply #33 on: November 11, 2016, 10:18:02 pm »

Yeah, OK.  But the business plan for the Misanthropic News Network sounds so much better when you say "hate."   :tongue2:

Offline musiclady

« Reply #34 on: November 11, 2016, 10:19:09 pm »

I stand corrected.  Not hate, but distrust.

Wouldn't it be great to see some actual journalism again?

(Or was it ever even-handed in our lifetimes?  I don't believe it was).

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #35 on: November 11, 2016, 10:22:20 pm »
Yeah, OK.  But the business plan for the Misanthropic News Network sounds so much better when you say "hate."   :tongue2:

Thank God their tactics weren't enough to destroy the experiment.

Reagan is toasting us @r9etb !! :beer:

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #36 on: November 11, 2016, 10:25:12 pm »

Or "The Times They Are a Changin' Back."

Yeh, maybe the adults will be in charge for a change. As long as we can keep it. It is time for us to start spanking the Liberal children for their crazy intolerance abnormal behavior. Hopefully they can be shaped into mature reasonable people.

Maybe we won't be called crazy and stupid and racist and all the rest for not wanting pervert men in the bathroom with our daughters anymore. That would be a refreshing change.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #37 on: November 11, 2016, 10:25:27 pm »

LOL!   Funny, when I was composing that reply to you, I thought the very same thing....should I say, " You know...like back in the days of Walter Winchell"  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Walter_Winchell

But then I read it was like this back  to WWI.   
« Last Edit: November 11, 2016, 10:26:08 pm by DCPatriot »

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #38 on: November 11, 2016, 10:25:43 pm »
Absolute power corrupts absolutely. One echo chamber does not improve on another. You would be right back to a very bad situation within months.

That is from what a casual glance at the surface  might appear to be the case,   but I am not certain this is so.    It implies that conservatives have exactly the same sort of flaws as do liberals.   Maybe this is true,   but maybe it isn't.   

To be fair,  arguing with a lot of you on this website makes me believe you are perhaps right about this,   but I still have this nagging sense that maybe you aren't.   

I am reminded of O'Sullivan's first law.  "Any organization or enterprise that is not expressly right wing will become left wing over time."

But are conservatives like the left?   Will we deliberately lie to push our agenda as the left demonstrably do?   Again,  arguing with a lot of people over at TOS and Here convinces me that some of us certainly will in casual debate,   but will we do it if it is our job to be fair?   

Do we have better ethics than do Liberals?   I like to think we do.   I do not know for certain,  but I like to believe this is the case.    If we do,   then it is less likely that we will engage in the same sort of deliberate agenda pushing as that of left-wing journalists.   

But yes,  I am concerned about the propaganda being wholly in the hands  of one ideology,  and I have stated many times that this power needs to be divided.    I'm only suggesting a complete takeover by conservatives as a sort of Joke.   

Again,  my suggestion has been an elected board of governors to regulate the hiring and staffing of the News organizations.    Checks and balances is the only way to balance it.   

I still solicit any better ideas. 

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #39 on: November 11, 2016, 10:27:35 pm »

It is time for us to start spanking the Liberal children for their crazy intolerance abnormal behavior.

Actually @r9etb and I were discussing that very thing on another thread today ;)

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #40 on: November 11, 2016, 10:31:28 pm »

I still solicit any better ideas.

Like I said, I'm ex media. And having seen it from the inside, you can only defund it without going full Stalin and purging them. People have to stop consuming their product so the solution lies with the people. Unfortunately people value their football and modern reality soaps over their country.

Barring that, you actually hold media legally accountable for their actions. If they F' up, then you drag them into court for whatever law they violated or pull their FCC license.

Offline r9etb

« Reply #41 on: November 11, 2016, 10:31:34 pm »

It wasn't, for the most part.  But it was more fair -- more oriented to extended quotes, for example, rather than the 6-word soundbites that dominate the news today.  And there was a core of honest journalists who could look past their biases some or most of the time.

And -- this is important -- the really good ones came up through the ranks; they didn't go to Journalism school.  And they actually had life experience outside the bubble, so that they knew things about the issues they were reporting on.

There were, of course, tremendous charlatans -- Walter Duranty, for example, who knew about, supported, and willfully lied about the Soviet famine/genocide.

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #42 on: November 11, 2016, 10:33:38 pm »
Or "The Times They Are a Changin' Back."

The caveat is the damned Mid-Terms.   How much "Change" [back] can you squeeze into 18 months before said media paints 'us' as Fascists?

Those snowflakes out there REALLY believe that Trump is going to round people up....They're terrified.   And feel justified.

And without the POTUS and even Hillary going out there and DEMANDING it cease, they are as complicit in what happens.

They are nothing but domestic terrorists and anarchists.   It's all about anarchy!

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #43 on: November 11, 2016, 10:36:37 pm »
The caveat is the damned Mid-Terms.   How much "Change" [back] can you squeeze into 18 months before said media paints 'us' as Fascists?

You stop worrying about being called satan and govern the way people wish to be governed.

Understand that the media has no cred right now. They are not trusted by anyone.  You take advantage of that. Which my problems with Trump aside, I have no doubt he can do if he chooses to.

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #44 on: November 11, 2016, 10:36:58 pm »
No, all of them top to bottom. But a communist purge is a communist purge whether your flag says Trump, Stalin or Ronald Reagan.

Well I would suppose your preference would depend upon whether you were a Bolshevik or a
Menshevik.   As an analogue to a Menshevik,   i'd rather the bias be in my favor.    If it must be lopsided,  let it favor my side.   :) 

I am ex media. I know how bad they are. And I know how full of shit the so called conservative media can be as well. Look what they did to Ted Cruz.

Not all conservative media sources were anti-Cruz.   Many defended him.   

But beyond that,   it seems to me that physics requires equal and opposite opposing forces to achieve balance.     Ergo,  the only way to "balance"  the system is to enable an opposing force to act upon it. 

In other words,   use some means of achieving an employment ration of 1 to 1,  Liberal to Conservative.   

Make it balance at the source.   

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #45 on: November 11, 2016, 10:40:37 pm »

Well I would suppose your preference would depend upon whether you were a Bolshevik or a
Menshevik.   As an analogue to a Menshevik,   i'd rather the bias be in my favor.    If it must be lopsided,  let it favor my side.   :) 

Honestly, if there was a magic switch that we had to stop them after balance was achieved, I might be inclined to side with you. But human nature is what it is. 5000 years of 'civilization' to one degree or another has taught us how trustworthy our fellow man is with power unfettered.

But then which of us controls the switch? Would we trust THEM to throw it? Or would they cut a deal GOP style and hold off 'a little while'?

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #46 on: November 11, 2016, 10:47:30 pm »
The point is that the tendency of a monolithic right-wing media complex will be toward the creation of a teeming host of Hannitys, just as the left-wing equivalent has led to idiots of the same low caliber.

They system naturally skews left.   If O'Sullivan's law is true,   you would have to give it a lot of right rudder just to get it to steer straight. 

I personally believe O'Sullivan's law is true.   Decades of real world experience has shown it to be true.   

— Lord Melbourne —

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #47 on: November 11, 2016, 10:51:09 pm »

Those snowflakes out there REALLY believe that Trump is going to round people up....They're terrified.   And feel justified.

And without the POTUS and even Hillary going out there and DEMANDING it cease, they are as complicit in what happens.

They are nothing but domestic terrorists and anarchists.   It's all about anarchy!

Hillary is probably too drugged, drunk, or sick to do it even if she wanted to. Beside, they wouldn't give a crap about what she says anyway.

Obama will never call for them to stop in any real way. In fact, he is more likely to condemn the police. This anarchy stuff is Obamas wheelhouse. He loves it. When he leaves office he may head up BLM. Wouldn't surprise me at all. Hell, he is almost there now. He is certainly their biggest cheerleader.

Obama is in the Farrakhan/Rev. Wright camp. Hate Whitey! F**k the POlease! Obama is as radical as they are. He would rather march with than to tell them to stop.

I hope everyone of the smashed cars belong to people who voted for Obama.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline r9etb

« Reply #48 on: November 11, 2016, 10:52:33 pm »
They system naturally skews left.   If O'Sullivan's law is true,   you would have to give it a lot of right rudder just to get it to steer straight. 

I personally believe O'Sullivan's law is true.   Decades of real world experience has shown it to be true.

That's because people on the left tend to be single-minded about their issues, and we don't.  It's like a physical law -- political gravity, if you will. 

The problem is, I'm really not willing to become a single-issue guy -- I'd rather spend time with my family and friends.  I enjoy my day job.  The only real remedy is dispersal of power.  Politics ought to be local.  Local issues engender local coverage.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2016, 10:54:16 pm by r9etb »

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #49 on: November 11, 2016, 10:53:05 pm »

Like that of that F***ing Liar  Walter Cronkite?   

How about  Walter Duranty?  You know,  the guy who covered up the murders of millions of people for the New York Times? 

We've had problems with left wing liars in the media for a very long time. 
— Lord Melbourne —