Author Topic: Slate: The Democratic Party Establishment Is Finished  (Read 1396 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Slate: The Democratic Party Establishment Is Finished
« on: November 11, 2016, 03:07:59 pm »
The Democratic Party Establishment Is Finished

What a joke.
By Jim Newell

The Democrats will now control next to nothing above the municipal level. Donald Trump will be president. We are going to be unpacking this night for the rest of our lives, and lives beyond that. We can’t comprehend even 1 percent of what’s just happened. But one aspect of it, minor in the overall sweep, that I’m pretty sure we can comprehend well enough right now: The Democratic Party establishment has beclowned itself and is finished.

I think of the lawmakers, the consultants, the operatives, and—yes—the center-left media, and how everything said over the past few years leading up to this night was bullshit.

more
http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/politics/2016/11/the_democratic_party_establishment_is_finished_after_trump.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline r9etb

Re: Slate: The Democratic Party Establishment Is Finished
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2016, 03:14:00 pm »
The Democrats will now control next to nothing above the municipal level. Donald Trump will be president. We are going to be unpacking this night for the rest of our lives, and lives beyond that. We can’t comprehend even 1 percent of what’s just happened.

That's because you're willfully stupid, Mr. Newell. 

The reasons for Trump's victory are very, very comprehensible.  What's incomprehensible to you, is that so many people could possibly disagree with the inanities that you believe to be Truly Important Issues.  You think people voted "for Trump," and indeed some did.  But a lot of people were actually voting against you, and the crap you've been foisting on us for so long.

Get out of your bubble, son.  Go talk to people who have real jobs.  Better yet, go get a real job yourself -- work retail for a year or two.  Learn a trade and get your hands dirty.  Your entire view of what is important in life, will change.  I guarantee it.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2016, 03:15:00 pm by r9etb »

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2016, 03:16:03 pm »
So their party will be taken over by populist loonies as well. Fun times.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2016, 03:21:05 pm »

All these people talking about the demise of the democrats sound awfully cocky.

Offline r9etb

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2016, 03:21:26 pm »

Ah, but that's the delicious irony of it.... The Democrats are the party of the rich, now.  They'll be taken over by ultra-wealthy loonies who pretend to be populists.  Seriously: Hillary Clinton, who's a hundred-millionaire -- who made more for 20 minutes of platitudes than normal people will earn (before taxes) in 5 years -- was trying to portray herself as a champion of the little people.

All it takes to destroy them, is a little sunlight on their money network -- how they pay for all these little activist organizations for issues that end up lining their own pockets.

It will be glorious, if only somebody has the wherewithal and courage to keep the flashlight on the cockroaches.

Offline r9etb

« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2016, 03:24:17 pm »
All these people talking about the demise of the democrats sound awfully cocky.

I think the traditional Democrat base is pretty alienated right now; the Democrats have relied on outrage for so long, that it takes ever more shrill protests about ever more ridiculous issues to give them traction.

I'm thinking a big political realignment is probably not too far off.  The political center seems to be a yawning vacuum, just waiting to be filled.

Offline uglybiker

« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2016, 03:55:20 pm »
This is Slate?

Jeepers! :dropjaw:
nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-BATMAN!!!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2016, 11:01:38 am »
I think the traditional Democrat base is pretty alienated right now; the Democrats have relied on outrage for so long, that it takes ever more shrill protests about ever more ridiculous issues to give them traction.

I'm thinking a big political realignment is probably not too far off.  The political center seems to be a yawning vacuum, just waiting to be filled.

@r9etb

I agree,except I think more focus should be placed on the  FACT that the Dims have now created a "outrage monster",and that monster has finally gotten off he leash and is going after them,too. It is no longer an ignored FACT that the VAST MAJORITY of the leftist "peep-pulls" leaders are in fact a protected species of uber rich selfish assholes working to increase their own wealth off the backs of the people they pretend to support.

And there really ain't no practical way of putting THAT dog back in the kennel.

I am predicting the Dims will soon be seen making efforts to reach out to the same middle-class they have held in contempt for the last 50+ years as they organized communist cadres to go after the unnamed "rich". Given that most of the middle-class dream of reaching the status of the "comfortable class" and MAYBE see their children reach the status of the Wealthy Class",I don't see them having very much luck with this.

Yeah,they have had EXCELLENT luck recruiting the Trust Fund children of the Uber Wealthy,but only because those fools were and are entirely clueless about how normal people lived,and thought that anyone who didn't own at least one paid off vacation house on a beach was "oppressed". Adult children,like the Kellogg cereal heirs. People born into so much wealth they have financial advisors on the family payroll to keep an eye on their trust fund financial advisors.

The Trust Fund Children are an excellent source of funding,but they ain't enough of them to to make up for all the voters they have lost. ALL of the bitching and bitterness you see and hear right now is coming from the middle-class and upper middle-class apparatchiks whose entire lives and careers are based on "managing the po peep-pulls",and these people are looking at a future with no jobs and no job skills. When the Dim Party dies,so does their "Golden Rings". They have NOTHING to fall back on.

Maybe  @sinkspur could be convinced to give us a insider's POV on this?
« Last Edit: November 13, 2016, 11:02:37 am by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2016, 12:02:04 am »
I wouldn't write the epitaph for the Dems just yet...remember, Hillary  will still end up getting approx. one million more votes than Trump. And she's the worst Dem candidate since Carter. Despite what the yahoos and Trump a**-kissers on talk radio (Hannity, Limbaugh, etal) and the right loonisphere claim this election was as much about getting rid of the Clintons as it was voting for Trump.
I still maintain another Pubbie candidate would have easily beaten Her Heinous in the election AND!!! the popular vote. While I'm not unhappy she's gone (in fact I'm ecstatic), the prospects for conservative progress under Trump are highly moot.
I like some of Trump's proposals (immigration, crime crackdown, defunding sanctuary cities), he still has some nutty ideas that could be real harmful. And he's already backtracking on completely repealing ACA.
But we'll see....maybe he'll be better than I think he will.  Here's hoping.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2016, 12:12:31 am »

But we'll see....maybe he'll be better than I think he will.  Here's hoping.

@goatprairie

I'd say the odds of him being worse than many of us feared are pretty spectacular.

BUT.....no matter how bad he may end up being,he is still a YUGE improvement over a Bubbette! presidency.