Author Topic: Donald Trump got Reagan-like support from union households  (Read 2382 times)

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
Re: Donald Trump got Reagan-like support from union households
« Reply #25 on: November 11, 2016, 05:04:30 pm »
Trump ain't no Reagan and this isn't 1980.

These folks want jobs and they want them now..when Trump can't deliver its not going to be pretty and the GOP will take the blame..
All of that hope and rejoicing over luke-warm job numbers is over for the media. Come spring the media is going to be out with the heavy artillery talking about how horrible the economy is because of the Republicans and hoping the low info voters aren't smart enough to realize things haven't changed.

“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #26 on: November 11, 2016, 05:36:46 pm »
They thought that they could find sufficient number of illegals and dead people to counter the number of union households they KNEW they had lost.

Thank God, open border for years wasn't enough!!   :laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline LMAO

« Reply #27 on: November 11, 2016, 05:56:41 pm »
 Here's hoping that he does not propose a lot of new government programs to keep these people on board .  For example, his six or 12 week maternity leave proposal.

Although with the make up of the House and the Senate that's unlikely going to happen
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline LMAO

« Reply #28 on: November 11, 2016, 06:04:20 pm »
All of that hope and rejoicing over luke-warm job numbers is over for the media. Come spring the media is going to be out with the heavy artillery talking about how horrible the economy is because of the Republicans and hoping the low info voters aren't smart enough to realize things haven't changed.

I don't doubt the economic reporting is going to be a lot different now. But if the economy does turn out very good,  they're going to have a tougher time  convincing people that were in a depression. They couldn't convince the voters that were in a boom economy under Barack  Obama which we are not
« Last Edit: November 11, 2016, 06:16:06 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Offline LMAO

« Reply #29 on: November 11, 2016, 06:05:53 pm »
These union members are not the same as the Reagan Democrats anyway. For the most part they're fully indoctrinated marxists.

I know several of them and they do tend to believe in government solutions to many problems. Which is why I'm hoping we don't see  an activist Federal government in the next 4 to 8 years
« Last Edit: November 11, 2016, 06:07:19 pm by LMAO »

Barry Goldwater

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
« Reply #30 on: November 11, 2016, 06:12:49 pm »

I don't doubt the economic reporting is going to be a lot different now. But if the economy does turn out very good, but they're going to have a tougher time  convincing people that were in a depression. They couldn't convince the voters that were in a boom economy under Barack  Obama which we are not
True, and the spin seems to be having less and less impact. I think this is a big part of what is driving the increasing distrust in the media that polls have shown.
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #31 on: November 11, 2016, 07:45:08 pm »
Donald Trump got Reagan-like support from union households

Now who could have predicted that? 

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #32 on: November 11, 2016, 07:47:57 pm »
BHO also passed a stimulus to rebuild our infrastructure and it didn't go as planned.

What do you mean "it didn't go as planned."    I understand that all the money was sunk deep in the coffers of his cronies and allies.    How is that not as he planned?   

Besides, all that costs money and we are 20trillion in debt as it is

100 trillion in unfunded obligations. 

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #33 on: November 11, 2016, 07:51:57 pm »

I make no claim of being an economics wizard. Reagan, Bush II and Obama all added greatly to cumulative deficit and were reelected.

It is unfair to include Reagan in that bunch.   He made a deal with Tip O'Neill  (Democrat speaker of the house)   to allow $1.00 increase in spending for every $2.00 in spending cuts.    The Democrats didn't keep up their end of the deal.    They lied. 

This was one reason why I was *So* furious with George Herbert Walker Bush when he also tried to make the exact same sort of deal with Democrats.    If they lied to Reagan,   why wouldn't he expect them to lie to him too?     

All I could see was that he was handing the Democrats the Presidency in the next election...   and he did. 

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline Longmire

« Reply #34 on: November 11, 2016, 11:55:21 pm »

Now who could have predicted that?

Anyone who ever attended a Trump rally or followed Trump on social media :laugh: