Author Topic: Boss tells pro-Trump employees to resign  (Read 4361 times)

Offline r9etb

Re: Boss tells pro-Trump employees to resign
« Reply #25 on: November 11, 2016, 12:43:53 am »
Definitely a weird email, strangely written. I get the impression that the first draft of this email read much differently, as there seems to me to be several revisions and more than one hand in concocting this mess.

It swings back and forth between being threatening to be conciliatory back to being threatening, etc. This makes it confusing to the reader and obscures the point. What is the bullet point meaning of this memo? I don't know?

It is likely he had a fit and wrote a scathing letter to express his feelings about Trump and his supporters which was later revised by HR and a lawyer.

I would be very surprised to receive a memo like this expressing disdain for the soon to be President. But the most egregious part is a memo which has the term 'email your resignation' in any context. This is unprofessional in the extreme and obviously a reactionary statement.

Again, weird and strange. I can't really tell what he is getting at. I guess he thinks Trump supporters don't buy food, or that he doesn't need their business. This will not work out well for the company, not matter what it was intended to be. That is the one, and the only thing that is clear about this.

I think you've got it just about right. 

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #26 on: November 11, 2016, 12:44:03 am »
One word: Lawsuit.

Offline montanajoe

« Reply #27 on: November 11, 2016, 12:51:33 am »

I'm sure there is a hungry lawyer who would take the case with a very large retainer up front, but there is no basis in law or fact to bring suit..

Offline Major Confusion

• If you don't like my opinion, Byte Me.
« Reply #28 on: November 11, 2016, 12:56:35 am »
To begin with he comes across as a condescending and passive-aggressive ass....  Aside from that, it's only a passive-aggressive warning against talking Trumpist politics on the job.

An employment lawyer would have a field day with this, if it's true.
If you don't like my opinion, Byte Me.

Offline r9etb

« Reply #29 on: November 11, 2016, 12:56:46 am »
I'm sure there is a hungry lawyer who would take the case with a very large retainer up front, but there is no basis in law or fact to bring suit..

Until somebody gets fired.  Then this guy ends up settling out of court rather than paying for the lawsuit.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #30 on: November 11, 2016, 01:07:40 am »

Until somebody gets fired.  Then this guy ends up settling out of court rather than paying for the lawsuit.

Agree 100%. He has achieved the opposite of what the intent was. He has put himself in the position where he can't fire anyone now, for anything. Because they would simply claim he did it because of Trump.

Why put an anti-Trump stamp on your company? In what way possible could that ever have a positive outcome?

Just another Liberal freak-out. Only this time it is documented in a company wide letter. BTW, this is exactly why company wide letters are tightly controlled. They are prone to misuse and abuse. He should not have sent this. But, if he is determined to broadcast how he feels about Trump in this way he should send it to Department Heads and manager only and have them disseminate the mandate.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline r9etb

« Reply #31 on: November 11, 2016, 01:12:46 am »
Why put an anti-Trump stamp on your company? In what way possible could that ever have a positive outcome?

Just another Liberal freak-out. Only this time it is documented in a company wide letter. BTW, this is exactly why company wide letters are tightly controlled.

Yup.

I have a few friends who are doing the same thing.  One of them is studying to be a priest.... one of these days I'm going to tell him that priests are ill-advised to speak in public as he is doing... The letter of James was written precisely for people like him.

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #32 on: November 11, 2016, 01:29:17 am »

Depends if it's an at will state.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #33 on: November 11, 2016, 12:23:01 pm »
A lot of workplaces don't allow political buttons to be worn, etc. I'm fine with that.

I've never discussed politics or religion where I've worked.

I had a friend who went to Clinton's inaugural and came back with a paw-tographed picture of Socks for me.

They allowed me to keep it on my desk for the day because it was of a cat, and it was so darn cute.

I love that picture- I don't know how they got the cat to get his paws in the ink.

Ping @Hopalong Ginsberg

I hope we get a first cat again. It's been 8 years since we've had a first feline.
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #34 on: November 11, 2016, 02:23:06 pm »

That's my take because in the final paragraph he actually says to give Trump the benefit of the doubt?

:shrug:
so did Hillary in her speech.  You believe her, too?
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Hopalong Ginsberg

« Reply #35 on: November 11, 2016, 08:58:07 pm »
A lot of workplaces don't allow political buttons to be worn, etc. I'm fine with that.

I've never discussed politics or religion where I've worked.

I had a friend who went to Clinton's inaugural and came back with a paw-tographed picture of Socks for me.

They allowed me to keep it on my desk for the day because it was of a cat, and it was so darn cute.

I love that picture- I don't know how they got the cat to get his paws in the ink.

Ping @Hopalong Ginsberg

I hope we get a first cat again. It's been 8 years since we've had a first feline.

We definitely need a first cat.  Maybe you should start a petition at http://petitions.whitehouse.gov/  8888sitting kitty

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #36 on: November 11, 2016, 09:25:01 pm »
Well, on one hand if people can be forced to bake cakes and take photos of lifestyles and behaviors that are offensive to their religion and principles, then I assert that Leftist snowflakes should be forced to employ hard Conservatives and their beliefs and agendas.

But that is not how goose and gander work in a tyranny folks.

Instead what Mr. Light-In-The-Loafers Snowflake CEO at Grubhub has demonstrated for everyone, is exactly how the mark of his beast is going to operate.

If you don't think and act the way they demand - you don't make a living.

Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #37 on: November 11, 2016, 09:44:50 pm »

Liberals, of course, are fools. Whether it is Hollywood idiots wrecking their careers with radical Leftism or corporations like Target wrecking their company with radical Liberal policies. They just never learn.

Now this Grubhub thing is tanking their stock because the idiot founder just pissed off 50% of the whole country. So, he essentially cut his potential client base in half. They just can't fathom that their lunacy has real monetary consequences. It is truly amazing.

Keep your stupid opinion to yourself and stop preaching to the rest of us. If you don't, you will pay a heavy price for it. Here is the stock price over the last few days. It is taking a dive. We all should have shorted the stock the minute we read that stupid email.

High39.06on Thu, Nov 10 9:30 AM
Low35.02on Fri, Nov 11 12:45 PM
Avg37.44for past 1 week
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #38 on: November 11, 2016, 11:04:28 pm »
Well, on one hand if people can be forced to bake cakes and take photos of lifestyles and behaviors that are offensive to their religion and principles, then I assert that Leftist snowflakes should be forced to employ hard Conservatives and their beliefs and agendas.

But that is not how goose and gander work in a tyranny folks.

Instead what Mr. Light-In-The-Loafers Snowflake CEO at Grubhub has demonstrated for everyone, is exactly how the mark of his beast is going to operate.

If you don't think and act the way they demand - you don't make a living.
I have a slightly different take on this. I don't think any business should be forced to provide services to anyone, for any reason or none at all. Nor do I think any business should be forced to keep any employee (although he called for voluntary resignation, not firing) they find does not comply with their standards of conduct.

He has laid out that he expects courtesy from all his employees, toward customers and each other. That's a fair enough standard, imho, especially in a business that deals with a widely varied public. He also said that no employee was going to be given the boot or should worry about their jobs based on any criteria except that certain standards of courtesy were expected, and that if someone wasn't okay with that, they should seek other employment.
While I don't agree with the court rulings levied at bakers or venue hosts who preferred to not provide services for gay 'weddings', if we are going to push for those businesses to be able to assert control over who they serve, we have to likewise permit businesses to control who does the serving whether we are in alignment with their philosophies or not.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #39 on: November 11, 2016, 11:15:47 pm »
I have a slightly different take on this. I don't think any business should be forced to provide services to anyone, for any reason or none at all. Nor do I think any business should be forced to keep any employee (although he called for voluntary resignation, not firing) they find does not comply with their standards of conduct.

He has laid out that he expects courtesy from all his employees, toward customers and each other. That's a fair enough standard, imho, especially in a business that deals with a widely varied public. He also said that no employee was going to be given the boot or should worry about their jobs based on any criteria except that certain standards of courtesy were expected, and that if someone wasn't okay with that, they should seek other employment.
While I don't agree with the court rulings levied at bakers or venue hosts who preferred to not provide services for gay 'weddings', if we are going to push for those businesses to be able to assert control over who they serve, we have to likewise permit businesses to control who does the serving whether we are in alignment with their philosophies or not.

Agree 100%.

Honestly I'm about done with the nastiness from BOTH sides. I'm tired of the gloating, I'm tired of the threats, I'm tired of the whining about threats real or perceived. Nobody is fixing a damn thing because they're too busy sticking it to the other side.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #40 on: November 12, 2016, 12:12:42 am »
Agree 100%.

Honestly I'm about done with the nastiness from BOTH sides. I'm tired of the gloating, I'm tired of the threats, I'm tired of the whining about threats real or perceived. Nobody is fixing a damn thing because they're too busy sticking it to the other side.

It didn't used to be on both sides.

ONE side used to be decent.  ONE side didn't issue threats.  ONE side acted like gentlemen and ladies.

No more as of this election.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #41 on: November 12, 2016, 12:27:09 am »
It didn't used to be on both sides.

ONE side used to be decent.  ONE side didn't issue threats.  ONE side acted like gentlemen and ladies.

No more as of this election.

Yup. When you behave badly because the opposition behaves badly, you've already lost.