Author Topic: Dark days for Obama’s White House  (Read 1389 times)

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
Re: Dark days for Obama’s White House
« Reply #25 on: November 10, 2016, 06:22:57 pm »
The televised sit-down with reporters after the 90 minute meeting was disappointing to me. Trump said he was honored to meet Obama- I think he is conflating this with the honor of being in the White House and the awe that the office of POTUS inspires. Trump was humble but way too complimentary to the golfer-in-chief.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline r9etb

« Reply #26 on: November 10, 2016, 06:41:48 pm »
The televised sit-down with reporters after the 90 minute meeting was disappointing to me. Trump said he was honored to meet Obama- I think he is conflating this with the honor of being in the White House and the awe that the office of POTUS inspires. Trump was humble but way too complimentary to the golfer-in-chief.

It's cost-free to say so; in fact, it's much to his benefit to put a good face on things.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #27 on: November 10, 2016, 06:45:19 pm »

A couple of things.......

It's customary to be polite when in the WH, so his saying he's honored is understandable, but.......

He basically agreed with Obama's policies, and complimented him quite a bit after he became President, so he probably meant his kind words.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #28 on: November 10, 2016, 07:14:43 pm »
The only thing I want to know is what he was doing on the evening of 11 Sep 2012, when four brave men were murdered in Benghazi and dozens of others were left to die. 

I think he was unable to respond, for whatever reason; and when that leaks out, the whole edifice will collapse.

I think we will now start learning a lot of ugly truths about both Obama and the Clintons.  That alone makes me feel better about Trump's win.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.