Author Topic: Democratic Party in crisis  (Read 4540 times)

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Re: Democratic Party in crisis
« Reply #50 on: November 11, 2016, 03:11:16 pm »
No argument from me there but let's give him a chance!

Yesterday's tweet didn't inspire confidence.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #51 on: November 11, 2016, 03:11:49 pm »
Still channel surfing to see what CNN and MSNBC are up to- their same old same old, of course.

CNN had a "reporter" talk about Harry Reid's hate-filled spew against Trump and his "hatred and bigotry." They had a hard time hiding their glee.

MSNBC talking about all the protests.

Chelsea running for Congress! Dear God, the Clintons are not going away. The Clinton Crime Foundation investigation should put an end to that.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #52 on: November 11, 2016, 04:21:01 pm »

The overall gratuitous insults on this thread don't inspire confidence either.

You yelling "FIRE!!!" showed me something.    :whistle:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

• Technical
« Reply #53 on: November 11, 2016, 04:22:10 pm »
You yelling "FIRE!!!" showed me something.    :whistle:

:shrug:

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #54 on: November 11, 2016, 04:27:03 pm »

Well, beyond your back and forth schizo behavior on Trump..

...it brings to light that there are indeed a core of members who, despite having won the Trifecta,
.....a a guaranteed possibility of a Conservative SCOTUS for the next 40 years.
...and a landslde of GOP control of State and County offices...
...they aren't willing to give Donald Trump, the man, one bit of credit for accomplishing it.

When even hard-core anti-Trump members feel compelled to say no big deal.......

« Last Edit: November 11, 2016, 04:29:26 pm by DCPatriot »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #55 on: November 11, 2016, 04:32:24 pm »

He gave a fairly decent acceptance speech and handled himself with some class at the WH yesterday.....even did well with his trip to Mexico, but you are crying like a snowflake about this damn Tweet.

Maybe you should reassess what is real and important in life and what is meaningless and forgettable like 140 character statements.

I'm not a huge fan of the guy but going on and on about a Tweet that most people don't even see as that controversial is insane.....unless you are a fan of unemployed losers rioting in the streets.

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #56 on: November 11, 2016, 05:00:55 pm »
Reid is GONE thank God and the putz from NY taking his place (Chuck Schumer) ain't gonna roll easily!  And besides that the odds that the dems retake the Senate in 18 are astronomical!
And, there's an elevated risk that Schumer will bang his head on a camera or trip over a microphone cable.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #57 on: November 12, 2016, 02:58:14 am »

AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #58 on: November 12, 2016, 08:12:06 am »
Well, beyond your back and forth schizo behavior on Trump..

...it brings to light that there are indeed a core of members who, despite having won the Trifecta,
.....a a guaranteed possibility of a Conservative SCOTUS for the next 40 years.

No kidding?  A "guaranteed possibility?"  Oh...well, that is practically money in the bank.  This sounds a lot like "so much winning,"

*bouche*
I'll believe it when I see it.

I like WTF and I think his posts are honest, and if his decisions have wavered it is because he is a more contemplative man than me, as I pegged Trump as a loser 18 months ago.

Also, Since WTF was sometimes for Trump and sometimes against him, maybe you could cut him a little more slack than you cut for me...since I've been against/wrong about Trump since day one of his announcement.

Hope you are well my friend, and I expect you are freaking blown away by this if you haven't seen it yet...

www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQD0FF15zrI

• Technical
« Reply #59 on: November 12, 2016, 10:34:26 am »
I will respond to this: I voted for Trump. While I might be a "snowflake" in worrying about a single tweet, Trump owes it to us to act in a dignified manor so that we may be proud of voting for him. As time goes on I get reassured. I know Trump will always be Trump, but please stop with the tweet Trump.

If you don't like that, please read my signature.

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #60 on: November 12, 2016, 11:57:36 am »
I will respond to this: I voted for Trump. While I might be a "snowflake" in worrying about a single tweet, Trump owes it to us to act in a dignified manor so that we may be proud of voting for him. As time goes on I get reassured. I know Trump will always be Trump, but please stop with the tweet Trump.

If you don't like that, please read my signature.

I don't have any real problem with you, WTF....was merely compelled to point out your irrational back-n-forth support...continuing even now, AFTER he won.

In no posts have I "gone after" anyone.   I don't give a fig.  Couldn't care less.

Don't have to.   

I got EVERYTHING right.   'They' got EVERYTHING wrong.

....AGAIN!!    :whistle:

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #61 on: November 12, 2016, 12:04:30 pm »

No kidding?  A "guaranteed possibility?"  Oh...well, that is practically money in the bank.  This sounds a lot like "so much winning,"

*bouche*
I'll believe it when I see it.

Hey @Once-Ler ....you must buy a ticket if you want a chance to 'win'.  Like any lottery.

At least I know there's not going to be yet another bull-dyke b*tch with a grudge ruling on Constitutional Law.

I like WTF and I think his posts are honest, and if his decisions have wavered it is because he is a more contemplative man than me, as I pegged Trump as a loser 18 months ago.

Also, Since WTF was sometimes for Trump and sometimes against him, maybe you could cut him a little more slack than you cut for me...since I've been against/wrong about Trump since day one of his announcement.

Hope you are well my friend, and I expect you are freaking blown away by this if you haven't seen it yet...

I'll cut slack with the vast majority of members who refused to back Trump.  They been shamed and humiliated for their political acumen already.   No need to pile on.      :laugh:

And I really liked Arrow, Flash, etc..   But the last season of Arrow sorely disappointed.   As it seems, does every series in it's 4th season.

« Last Edit: November 12, 2016, 12:08:09 pm by DCPatriot »

Offline LMAO

« Reply #62 on: November 12, 2016, 12:27:45 pm »
Some are reading too much into this election and that's dangerous.

First, the GOP lost House seats and Senate seats. The governorships and statehouses were the case before Trump.

Trump went into this election with high negatives. That didn't change Tuesday night. In fact, it was very close with HRC winning the popular vote thus far.

This election was a message. It was an opportunity for Middle America to say they are tired of the corruption. They are tired of being told we are stupid and we need people who went to Harvard and Yale to decide what's best for us. They are sick of the lawlessness in our cities. They are sick of being treated as an enemy by the media. They are tired of the term microaggressions and being bullied by groups that are tiny minorities in numbers but have loud voices.......

The list goes on
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #63 on: November 12, 2016, 12:32:14 pm »
Some are reading too much into this election and that's dangerous.

Yup, getting complacent will lead to future failure.

Offline Doug Loss

• Proud Tennessean
« Reply #64 on: November 12, 2016, 01:16:35 pm »
I'll cut slack with the vast majority of members who refused to back Trump.  They been shamed and humiliated for their political acumen already.   No need to pile on.

As before, you don't get it quite right.  Many of us said we all know how bad Clinton would be as president, and with Trump all over the map with his comments and past actions and positions we can't possibly know if he'll be as bad as she would have been, but we don't trust him to do what you imagine he will.  Shame and humiliation?  Come back to us next year at this time and lets see how many of your imaginings became reality.  Should he turn out to be the second coming of Reagan that you somehow have convinced yourself he is, we'll be happy to admit we were wrong about him.  But till then, your gloating is just moral preening with little or no basis in reality.
My political philosophy:

1) I'm not bothering anybody.
2) It's none of your business.
3) Leave me alone!

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #65 on: November 12, 2016, 01:17:18 pm »
Hey @Once-Ler ....you must buy a ticket if you want a chance to 'win'.  Like any lottery.

At least I know there's not going to be yet another bull-dyke b*tch with a grudge ruling on Constitutional Law.

I'll cut slack with the vast majority of members who refused to back Trump.  They been shamed and humiliated for their political acumen already.   No need to pile on.      :laugh:

And I really liked Arrow, Flash, etc..   But the last season of Arrow sorely disappointed.   As it seems, does every series in it's 4th season.

Woah! Big fella! WHOA!  I haven't been shamed or humiliated  at all and whether or not YOU were "right about everything" remains to be seen! FAR in the future in fact!

I'm happy for you that your guy won! But I would suggest you lay off the over the top gloating for awhile! A LONG while!

"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline LMAO

« Reply #66 on: November 12, 2016, 01:18:56 pm »
As before, you don't get it quite right.  Many of us said we all know how bad Clinton would be as president, and with Trump all over the map with his comments and past actions and positions we can't possibly know if he'll be as bad as she would have been, but we don't trust him to do what you imagine he will.  Shame and humiliation?  Come back to us next year at this time and lets see how many of your imaginings became reality.  Should he turn out to be the second coming of Reagan that you somehow have convinced yourself he is, we'll be happy to admit we were wrong about him.  But till then, your gloating is just moral preening with little or no basis in reality.

Post of the day
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #67 on: November 12, 2016, 01:29:17 pm »
Woah! Big fella! WHOA!  I haven't been shamed or humiliated  at all and whether or not YOU were "right about everything" remains to be seen! FAR in the future in fact!

I'm happy for you that your guy won! But I would suggest you lay off the over the top gloating for awhile! A LONG while!

Yes - all that you said. 

It may not seem so after this election but winning the Presidency is the easy part.  The heavy lifting starts now and it really becomes tough on January 20.  It is possible, and I pray it doesn't happen, the most ardent supporter in just a few years could say, "I was wrong".
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #68 on: November 12, 2016, 01:39:38 pm »
And just a note to my dear @mystery-ak.  There is no Democratic party! There is only a Democrat party and it is on it's way to the ash heap of history!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline LMAO

« Reply #69 on: November 12, 2016, 01:43:39 pm »
And just a note to my dear @mystery-ak.  There is no Democratic party! There is only a Democrat party and it is on it's way to the ash heap of history!

It wasn't that long ago we heard the same thing about the Republican Party

Barry Goldwater

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #70 on: November 12, 2016, 04:53:14 pm »
Yes - all that you said. 

It may not seem so after this election but winning the Presidency is the easy part.  The heavy lifting starts now and it really becomes tough on January 20.  It is possible, and I pray it doesn't happen, the most ardent supporter in just a few years could say, "I was wrong".

First of all, I did NOT post the controversial meme about apologizing, forgiving and forgetting with myself in mind.  I don't expect anybody in here to do any of those things. 

It was to let everybody reflect on their own rough go of it with individual/specific members, since the presidential campaigns began. 

It was for members who got into heated argument and flame wars...the MODS and administrators can't be everywhere at once...with once another, and it was a suggestion to examine events and make amends.

As far as being "right"....I not only told you he was going to win, but I told you HOW he would achieve it.

That's all I meant about being correct....the prognostication of it all.

And somebody tell Sink he now owes me $200.00    For the Nomination...and for the brass ring.   Or...is it $1,100?   

He never pays up, anyway. :laugh:

I may not be a college professor in Pennsylvania....I may, in fact, be a "Yahoo" in many members' eyes.

But, truthfully,.....who has the correct pulse on the electorate.   Me?   Or you self-appointed "big brains"?      :whistle:

If you want to call that gloating...so be it.   I've earned the right.   Just like John Houseman.   

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #71 on: November 12, 2016, 04:58:02 pm »

Earl....please refer to my response to Lando.  Thanks.

@Bigun
@Lando Lincoln
@LMAO

Nobody went to the mat in here on whether a 'President Trump' was going to be added to Mt. Rushmore.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #72 on: November 12, 2016, 05:03:54 pm »
Earl....please refer to my response to Lando.  Thanks.

@Bigun
@Lando Lincoln
@LMAO

Nobody went to the mat in here on whether a 'President Trump' was going to be added to Mt. Rushmore.

Just did!  Sorry you STILL don't get it!  :whistle:

Hint: Ronald Reagan had a little sign on his desk that stayed there for 8 years with little notice.  it read:  There is no limit to what a man can achieve if he doesn't care who get's the credit!"
« Last Edit: November 12, 2016, 05:08:17 pm by Bigun »

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #73 on: November 12, 2016, 05:35:39 pm »
Just did!  Sorry you STILL don't get it!  :whistle:

Hint: Ronald Reagan had a little sign on his desk that stayed there for 8 years with little notice.  it read:  There is no limit to what a man can achieve if he doesn't care who get's the credit!"

You self-admitted yesterday to me that you got EVERYTHING WRONG!   

E.V.E.R.Y.T.H.I.N.G.!!!!!!!

Offline Rivergirl

« Reply #74 on: November 12, 2016, 05:36:47 pm »
Reid will be gone but he has been replaced by a president with the same mindset.   
When asked if he regretted anything he said curing the campaign.  DT replied.........NO, I WON