Author Topic: Protests erupt in California after Trump wins election  (Read 3357 times)

Offline Night Hides Not

Re: Protests erupt in California after Trump wins election
« Reply #25 on: November 10, 2016, 02:22:34 pm »
My mom in Austin, TX said demonstrators have today staged protests against Trump's victory by blocking some streets.

Liberal city, so am sure the local authorities will do nothing.

I pray they go onto the State Capitol grounds as I believe Governor Abbott will have something to say (and do) about it.

Let 'em squawk! lol

You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #26 on: November 10, 2016, 02:23:42 pm »
I assure anybody that is baffled, California has plenty of conservative people.

This country would have looked like California in 4 years of a Clinton Presidency when those in authority make the rules to ensure they remain in power.

We need states rights fervently.  The people of California have every right to decide to be stupid.  California has no right to make the rest of the states to be the same.  If the feds control all the power, our freedoms are gone.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #27 on: November 10, 2016, 02:26:53 pm »
What are they protesting?

In their mind, the popular vote went to Clinton, so she should be the President.

These people are not being taught Civics nor do they appreciate how and why our laws have elections the way they do.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline LMAO

« Reply #28 on: November 10, 2016, 02:47:12 pm »
In their mind, the popular vote went to Clinton, so she should be the President.

These people are not being taught Civics nor do they appreciate how and why our laws have elections the way they do.

Civics has been replaced by Climate Change course and self esteem building classes so these protests don't surprise me

Imagine this generation during the 1930's and 40's

I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Applewood

« Reply #29 on: November 10, 2016, 02:50:17 pm »
Blue Lives Matter
To Election Protesters: What Are You Trying To Accomplish?
By Officer Blue On November 9, 2016

As election protests ramp up across the country, illegally blocking roads and setting the stage for rioting, election protesters should ask themselves what they are actually accomplishing.

Donald Trump just won the U.S. presidential election. That means that roughly half of voting Americans chose Trump over Hillary Clinton. You are not going to be able to protest and rally your way out of this. When President Obama won his last election, large groups of people were calling for his impeachment. In the area I live, there were even people set up with petitions to remove him from office. Talking to these people it seemed clear to them, “Everybody hates him.” They were clearly wrong, considering that he had just been re-elected. Somehow, ignoring all logic and reasoning, they thought that there was enough support to remove an elected president from office immediately after he had won an election. What America is experiencing now is essentially the same thing.

Going out into the streets to protest the election results is endangering people’s safety and property. And for what? Masses of people are participating in what is essentially a giant temper-tantrum. Not too long ago, masses of people from across the country got together to protest Wall Street. Despite all of their participation and energy, they didn’t accomplish anything. The lesson that should have been learned after the failed Occupy Wall Street protests is that you can’t just protest against something, if you want to make change, you need to organize for change.

Black Lives Matter is a perfect example of a group that knows how to organize to enact the changes they want. They started as a mass movement, and organized to push a political agenda which has almost nothing to do with with what they were protesting. Black Lives Matter uses their protests as a platform to bring attention to their misguided cause.

All of these angry Trump opponent have the ability to organize to change America’s political system, but instead they are stamping their feet and screaming. Many are even “threatening” to leave the country, in the “I’m going to take my ball and go home” reaction.

We have a political system which allowed two of the most despised candidates to receive their party’s nomination. A majority of Americans aren’t happy with the system, no matter who they voted for. You can use this energy to change the system, or you can continue to endanger people while you throw your temper tantrum.

@mountaineer   

Thank you for posting the above.  Spot on. 

By the way, speaking of Black Lives Matter, I wonder if these protests are being organized by the same or affiliated anarchists.  I can't imagine these kids would just do these things on their own.  Heck, I'm going to bet that many of those who were eligible to vote probably stayed home. 

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #30 on: November 10, 2016, 02:51:17 pm »
Civics has been replaced by Climate Change course and self esteem building classes so these protests don't surprise me

There is a reason Civics was dropped. It was intentional going back to the 1936 communist goals. People unaware of how government works are ill equipped to control it and easily manipulated by it.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #31 on: November 10, 2016, 02:52:12 pm »

Exactly. I was reviewing my school board's agenda for the next meeting and noticed they'll be approving the fifth graders spending at least 5 hours to go bowling. They do this every week. Schoolchildren are bused to a bowling alley. Why bother with American history when you can go bowling?

Remember when "field trips" were at least marginally educational, e.g., museums, the planetarium?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #32 on: November 10, 2016, 02:53:56 pm »
@mountaineer   

Thank you for posting the above.  Spot on. 

By the way, speaking of Black Lives Matter, I wonder if these protests are being organized by the same or affiliated anarchists.  I can't imagine these kids would just do these things on their own.  Heck, I'm going to bet that many of those who were eligible to vote probably stayed home.
The kneejerk reaction is "George Soros!!" I don't know whether he's really behind all this crap or not, but wouldn't be surprised.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline rodamala

« Reply #33 on: November 10, 2016, 02:56:50 pm »
My mom in Austin, TX said demonstrators have today staged protests against Trump's victory by blocking some streets.

Liberal city, so am sure the local authorities will do nothing.

I pray they go onto the State Capitol grounds as I believe Governor Abbott will have something to say (and do) about it.

When Donald Trump builds his wall... I hope he doesn't forget the wall that needs to be put up around Austin.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #34 on: November 10, 2016, 03:01:13 pm »

Remember when "field trips" were at least marginally educational, e.g., museums, the planetarium?

They were fun too. Sounds to me like someone at that school is getting kickback from the bowling alley. But that school needs a new board stat.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #35 on: November 10, 2016, 03:58:28 pm »

My mom made that comment on Monday night, she was shocked Civics isn't taught in schools anymore. There was a news story on how kids couldn't identify the 3 branches of government. She said anyone past 2nd or 3rd grade should.

I told her they don't teach handwriting in schools either anymore.
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #36 on: November 10, 2016, 03:59:51 pm »
Exactly. I was reviewing my school board's agenda for the next meeting and noticed they'll be approving the fifth graders spending at least 5 hours to go bowling. They do this every week. Schoolchildren are bused to a bowling alley. Why bother with American history when you can go bowling?

The planetarium trips turned me into an amateur astronomer. If I had better grades in math, I would have been an astronomer for reals
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #37 on: November 10, 2016, 04:05:08 pm »
Bowling is at least a physical activity. Obesity is a real problem among our youth.

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #38 on: November 10, 2016, 04:09:54 pm »
Let them protest. At least nobody will miss work.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline musiclady

« Reply #39 on: November 10, 2016, 04:16:52 pm »
And these protesting clowns say they are scared of us, who routinely accept politically defeat quietly.

Don't you remember all the riots in 2008 when Obama won, @skeeter ?

The death and destruction and chaos on the streets was just awful.  I was part of them myself, throwing bricks through windows...

Don't you remember??   :smokin:
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #40 on: November 10, 2016, 04:17:22 pm »
Let them protest. At least nobody will miss work.

Well played, andy!   :beer:

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #41 on: November 10, 2016, 04:20:34 pm »
I thought all the "uneducated white people" voted for Trump. I saw plenty of them protesting him last night. :silly:
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline GAJohnnie

« Reply #42 on: November 10, 2016, 05:24:06 pm »
Riot all you want in your dark blue Democrat fraud holes.

No one cares.

You are only pissing off the people that voted for Hillary and causing chaos for Democrat dominated local governments.

Online cato potatoe

« Reply #43 on: November 10, 2016, 05:56:41 pm »
I'm not sure why California loves Hillary.  She's a total stiff. 

Compared to 2012, Trump did horribly in California, Texas, Utah, and Atlanta, and extremely well in the Dakotas, Iowa, the Rust Belt, Maine, and Rhode Island.  It's a strange map.

Offline Machiavelli

• Curmudgeon
  • Realist
« Reply #44 on: November 10, 2016, 06:02:43 pm »

California Ping

Please click here to be added to or removed from the California Ping List.  ^-^

If you post an article here, please send me a mention: @Machiavelli

@American Patriot @bootless @flowers @Ginger Republic @GtHawk

@Half Vast Conspiracy @LateForLunch @Machiavelli @Meshuge Mikey @Mr McBeevee @pogo101

@skeeter @SZonian @The Jackal @To-Whose-Benefit? @truth_seeker

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #45 on: November 10, 2016, 06:04:35 pm »
I'm not sure why California loves Hillary.  She's a total stiff. 

Compared to 2012, Trump did horribly in California, Texas, Utah, and Atlanta, and extremely well in the Dakotas, Iowa, the Rust Belt, Maine, and Rhode Island.  It's a strange map.

THe map is shifting IMO. Eventually Texas will turn blue, but IMO, the entire midwest may very well turn red. The closer you are to Mexico or to an ocean, the higher the chances your state will turn blue.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #46 on: November 10, 2016, 06:18:27 pm »
Don't you remember all the riots in 2008 when Obama won, @skeeter ?

The death and destruction and chaos on the streets was just awful.  I was part of them myself, throwing bricks through windows...

Don't you remember??   :smokin:
Well, no.

Its Through the Looking Glass, ML - up is down, backwards is forwards.

I feel more and more like Lu Xun's Madman.

Online goatprairie

« Reply #47 on: November 10, 2016, 06:24:50 pm »

When I was going to grade and high school back in the fifties and sixties we only went on a "field trip" once. That was in the fifth grade to see "Ben Hur" at a local movie house.
No field trips during four years of high school.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #48 on: November 10, 2016, 06:33:08 pm »
Well, no.

Its Through the Looking Glass, ML - up is down, backwards is forwards.

I feel more and more like Lu Xun's Madman.

Well, that's kind of gruesome, but yes.  To the left what is right is wrong, and what is wrong is right.  Dark is light, black is white, good is bad.....

IOW, these people are nuts.

Online goatprairie

« Reply #49 on: November 10, 2016, 08:05:48 pm »
Bowling is at least a physical activity. Obesity is a real problem among our youth.
"Bowling is at least a physical activity.:

Bowling is not much more athletic than occasionally reaching for a can of beer while watching the tube. Letting the kids run around on the playground will have them expending far more energy than taking them bowling.