Author Topic: Gingrich: "Very Short Night" If Trump Wins Michigan, Florida, North Carolina  (Read 1381 times)

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Former House Speaker Newt Gingrich says election night could be "very short" if Donald Trump carries North Carolina, Florida and Michigan.

"If Trump carries New Hampshire, it's game on," Gingrich said on Tuesday's 'Fox & Friends.' "At that point, if I were Hillary and her team, I will be very, very worried."

"We're really in for a long night unless, as the poll that came out this morning suggests, he carries Michigan, in which case we're in for a very short night because at that point it will be very clear that Donald Trump is the next president," Gingrich said.

He added: "Ohio is going to go for Trump clearly. So the east is going to be better for Trump than you would have thought six months ago."

"I'll be very curious whether it's actually this close or whether the momentum for Trump means that it was this close," said Gingrich. "You saw what happened with Reagan. He gain strength every single day up through Election Day."...

Read more at: http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2016/11/08/gingrich_very_short_night_if_trump_wins_michigan_florida_north_carolina.html
The Republic is lost.

Oceander

Seems we heard the same nonsense about Romney back in 2012.  And we know how well that turned out. 

Offline DiogenesLamp

Seems we heard the same nonsense about Romney back in 2012.  And we know how well that turned out.

I have always believed the 2012 election was rigged.   That Romney actually won it,   but because of fraud,   the Chicago Mafia managed to steal it. 

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

geronl

Oh, I think it will be an early night all right, just not favoring Trump

Offline sinkspur

Exactly.  Florida will likely go for Hillary, and that will be it.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Lando Lincoln

I suspect you are right.  It will be interesting to see when they call it - if the panhandle polls are closed or open. 
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist

As will Michigan.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
As will Michigan.

RCP graphics show his Orangeness would win if he carries NM.

I think he has very little chance of winning popular vote though.  In any case we all lose.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
If Trump does win, and I don't think he will, but I am hopeful, it won't be a landslide or a "short night".

HonestJohn

And if Hillary wins Texas, it'll be a short night.

We can all make crazy predictions until the cows come home.

Offline Vulcan

Offline Suppressed

I have always believed the 2012 election was rigged.   That Romney actually won it,   but because of fraud,   the Chicago Mafia managed to steal it.

Did you do any poll-watching in supposedly fraudulent wards?  I did, as did friends and family in multiple states.

If "getting out the black vote while Republicans sat on their butts" is fraud, then yes.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline mrclose

Poor You! :silly:
"Hell is empty, all the devil's are here!"
~ Self

Offline mrclose

OOPS .. Wrong again! :shrug:
"Hell is empty, all the devil's are here!"
~ Self

Offline Frank Cannon

Hey @sinkspur you are genuinely the dumbest Mo Fo I have ever tangled with. Everything you say is 100% and unadulterated bullshit. You got absolutely nothing right after 58 months of pure spam. @NeverTrump never existed. McMuffin never existed. You got nothing right even though you angrily f'd with people making hard decisions and poked them in the eye for your own ejoyment.

I genuinely hope someone farts in your face as you sleep everyday you live for retribution.

@sinkspur

Offline GrouchoTex

Gingrich was half right.
Trump won those states, but it was still a long night.