Author Topic: Post-election Schadenfreude thread (take delight in Clinton supporters' sadness)  (Read 15168 times)

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
http://heatst.com/politics/everything-hillary-supporters-are-blaming-for-defeat-except-her/

Everything Hillary Supporters Are Blaming for Defeat (Except Her)

• James Comey
  • The Electoral College
  • Anthony Weiner (editor's note: this was mostly conservatives tweeting about him)
  • Julian Assange
  • Gary Johnson
  • The media
  • Sexism
  • All of the above
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline GrouchoTex

@GrouchoTex
Wow.  That is so not me....I really did Miss it by That Much!

I need to step my game up.    :0001:

@Wingnut

In your defense, Tuesday was a long night.

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor

God help me, I am rolling on the floor laughing right now.

Online mountaineer

When children don't get their way, they throw tantrums.
KDKA
Thousands Join Anti-Trump Protests Around Country
November 9, 2016 10:37 PM

CHICAGO (AP/KDKA) – The raw divisions exposed by the presidential race were on full display across America on Wednesday, as protesters flooded city streets to condemn Donald Trump’s election in demonstrations that police said were mostly peaceful.

From New England to heartland cities like Kansas City and along the West Coast, many thousands of demonstrators carried flags and anti-Trump signs, disrupting traffic and declaring that they refused to accept Trump’s triumph.

In Chicago, where thousands had recently poured into the streets to celebrate the Chicago Cubs’ first World Series victory in over a century, several thousand people marched through the Loop. They gathered outside Trump Tower, chanting “Not my president!”

Chicago resident Michael Burke said he believes the president-elect will “divide the country and stir up hatred.” He added there was a constitutional duty not to accept that outcome.

A similar protest in Manhattan drew about 1,000 people. Outside Trump Tower on Fifth Avenue in midtown, police installed barricades to keep the demonstrators at bay.

Hundreds of protesters gathered near Philadelphia’s City Hall despite chilly, wet weather. Participants – who included both supporters of Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton and independent Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders, who lost to Clinton in the primary – expressed anger at both Republicans and Democrats over the election’s outcome.

In Boston, thousands of anti-Trump protesters streamed through downtown, chanting “Trump’s a racist” and carrying signs that said “Impeach Trump” and “Abolish Electoral College.” Clinton appears to be on pace to win the popular vote, despite losing the electoral count that decides the presidential race.

The protesters gathered on Boston Common before marching toward the Massachusetts Statehouse, with beefed-up security including extra police officers.

In St. Paul, Minnesota, a protest that began with about 100 people was steadily growing as the night went on.

Protests flared at universities in California and Connecticut, while several hundred people marched in San Francisco and others gathered outside City Hall in Los Angeles. And they spread south to Richmond, Virginia, and to middle American cities like Kansas City and Omaha, Nebraska.

Hundreds of University of Texas students spilled out of classrooms to march through downtown Austin. They marched along streets near the Texas Capitol, then briefly blocked a crowded traffic bridge.

Marchers protesting Trump’s election as president chanted and carried signs in front of the Trump International Hotel in Washington, D.C.

Media outlets broadcast video Wednesday night showing a peaceful crowd in front of the new downtown hotel. Many chanted “No racist USA, no Trump, no KKK.”

Another group stood outside the White House. They held candles, listened to speeches and sang songs.

In Oregon, dozens of people blocked traffic in downtown Portland, burned American flags and forced a delay for trains on two light-rail lines. Earlier, the protest in downtown drew several Trump supporters, who taunted the demonstrators with signs. A lone Trump supporter was chased across Pioneer Courthouse Square and hit in the back with a skateboard before others intervened.

Several thousand chanting, sign-waving people gathered in Frank Ogawa Plaza in Oakland, California. A night earlier, in the hours after Trump won the election, Oakland demonstrators broke windows and did other damage.

In San Francisco, hundreds are marching along Market Avenue, one of the city’s main avenues, to join a vigil in the Castro District, a predominantly gay neighborhood.

In Los Angeles, protesters on the steps of City Hall burned a giant papier mache Trump head in protest.

Hundreds massed in downtown Seattle streets.

Many held anti-Trump and Black Lives Matter signs and chanted slogans, including “Misogyny has to go,” and “The people united, will never be defeated.”

Five people were shot and injured in an area near the protest, but police said the shootings and the demonstration were unrelated.

Back in New York, several groups of protesters caused massive gridlock as police mobilized to contain them under a light rain.

They held signs that read “Trump Makes America Hate” and chanted “hey, hey, ho, ho Donald Trump has got to go.” and “Impeach Trump.”

Hundreds of people marched through the streets of Pittsburgh’s East Liberty neighborhood Wednesday night after a meeting called “Let’s United to Stop President Trump.” The organizers of the movement plan to have other protests in the future and hope they can make a difference after Trump takes office in January.
I think Trump ought to rethink the inaugural parade or just about any public appearance for a long while.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
I saw people at work looking madder than ever watching the Hillary acceptance speech. Yikes!

Offline skeeter

:thumbsup3:

Now, will someone clear the treasonous riff-raft out of our house.

Wingnut

@Wingnut

In your defense, Tuesday was a long night.

@GrouchoTex

Would you believe KAOS brainwashed me? No humm.  Sorry about that Chief!

Offline GrouchoTex

@GrouchoTex

Would you believe KAOS brainwashed me? No humm.  Sorry about that Chief!

@Wingnut

It's the old"brainwash the voters on election night" trick. I should have seen it coming!

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
My entire family is close to hysteria

Or shell shock.

They cannot believe Hillary lost, and are upset with me. They are scapegoating me for being a Republican like I'm somehow responsible for this.

I would have loved a woman president, and I still hope I can see one in my lifetime. And yes, for the right candidate I would cross a party line.

Been there! Done that! Got the tee shirt!  They'll get over it!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan

You and me both!  I can't help it!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Wingnut

@Wingnut

It's the old"brainwash the voters on election night" trick. I should have seen it coming!

LOL! 888high58888

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Now, will someone clear the treasonous riff-raft out of our house.

THAT would be nice indeed!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Damn, uneducated, hell any kind of White male, is a majority in America and able to shift the outcome of a Presidential election? I think Cokie's been hittin the bottle. :silly:
Well, darnit, just because 51% of the population is female doesn't mean they aren't a minority! Just ask 'em!   :silly:
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

Consider those poor little snowflakes, steeped in the apocalyptic hyperbole of what would surely happen if Her Hindness did not prevail.
Actually, I am thankful there are not more cliffs and tall buildings to clean up under...

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

That warms the cockles of my heart!  (Whatever a cockle is-)

Wingnut

That warms the cockles of my heart!  (Whatever a cockle is-)

Sanguine Sanguine, quite contrary,
How does your garden grow?
With silver bells, and cockle shells,
And pretty maids all in a row.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

Damnit, I'm not contrary.

Offline Night Hides Not

I like seeing boobies in my garden...

Gotcha!!!   :silly:
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Online mountaineer

More pouting from millionaires:
Jalen Rose: NBA players won't visit Trump's White House
Andrew Joseph 7:46 p.m. EST November 9, 2016

The Cleveland Cavaliers are set to visit the White House on Thursday - the same day that President Barack Obama is scheduled to meet with Donald Trump.

It may also be the last time a full NBA championship team makes that trip for at least four years.

During ESPN's NBA Countdown on Wednesday, analyst Jalen Rose discussed how the election of Trump will affect the NBA and sports in general. Rose doesn't expect many athletes - both in the NBA and NFL - to accept visits to the White House under a Trump presidency.

Rose said:

"While personal politics in general can by a divisive topic. And for Donald Trump, during his candidacy, he became a polarizing candidate, which included along the way, insulting a lot of people. So those same people today as American citizens have to digest that he's going to be the next president of the United States. How it's going to affect sports? Unlike Tom Brady, when his team won the championship, and he chose not to go to the White House, saying it was a scheduling conflict when Barack Obama was in office. What we're going to see in professional sports - NBA and NFL - mark my words, there will be players that decline the opportunity to visit the White House under his presidency."

His co-anchor and former NBA guard Chauncey Billups agreed with that prediction. ...
More at USA Today
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Norm Lenhart

Consider those poor little snowflakes, steeped in the apocalyptic hyperbole of what would surely happen if Her Hindness did not prevail.
Actually, I am thankful there are not more cliffs and tall buildings to clean up under...

Man up Joe. Sometimes a guy is called on to take up a shovel and clean up the mess.

It's the right thing to do!

Offline Norm Lenhart

I like seeing boobies in my garden...

Gotcha!!!   :silly:

Thats an awesome pair.

Offline Smokin Joe

Man up Joe. Sometimes a guy is called on to take up a shovel and clean up the mess.

It's the right thing to do!
Tyveks and a fire hose.  It might be 'catching'.

C S Lewis

Offline Norm Lenhart

Tyveks and a fire hose.  It might be 'catching'.

Well if we have a fire hose, then lets be proactive. Blast them off the ledge so where they land is an easier to clean area. Surely there's a garbage truck near by. Proper planning prevents piss poor performance!

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
More pouting from millionaires:More at USA Today

NBA, another dying sports league.