Author Topic: Post-election Schadenfreude thread (take delight in Clinton supporters' sadness)  (Read 15153 times)

Offline musiclady

If it of any consequence I suspect she will die a lonely bitter old shrew with no friends with a disease riddled husband with a big mac addiction to keep her company.

That's quite the visual, there.......
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Wingnut

Offline Norm Lenhart

Since Frank is busy...I'll hold you Normie....  But I'm not looking for a long term relationship right now.  So give me my space don't be klingie and kissing costs extra!

Can we snuggle for cheap? I wanna try on this whole brave new progressive thing. See if it fits.

Offline Norm Lenhart

True.

I sorta seeing Mooch wearing it better...

Wingnut

Can we snuggle for cheap? I wanna try on this whole brave new progressive thing. See if it fits.

Okay. but... No spooning.  I draw the line right there!

Offline Norm Lenhart

Okay. but... No spooning.  I draw the line right there!

Tease...

Wingnut

I sorta seeing Mooch wearing it better...

She could pull it off at a formal event.... Like maybe The trump Inaugural?

Offline corbe

Go get a Room!
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Wingnut

Go get a Room!

Can't.  Don't have enough for the hourly fee. :(

Offline Frank Cannon

She could pull it off at a formal event.... Like maybe The trump Inaugural?

@Wingnut great avatar. Hilarious.

Offline Norm Lenhart

Wingnut

@Wingnut great avatar. Hilarious.

Thanns Mang!  Meet me in the cone of silence later for a drink!

Offline Norm Lenhart

Thanns Mang!  Meet me in the cone of silence later for a drink!

Would you believe 2 drinks?

And Can I borrow 99? To snuggle? I don't think this progressive thing is for me.

Wingnut

Would you believe 2 drinks?

And Can I borrow 99? To snuggle? I don't think this progressive thing is for me.

Get a squeegee and a water bottle and work the end of the I-35 exit ramp to TU in Austin.  Those guys make 40-50K a year! 

Online DB

SOURCE: THE COLLEGE FIX

URL: http://www.thecollegefix.com/post/29856/

The Cornell Daily Sun reports that students hosted a “Cry In” on the quad Wednesday in the wake of the presidential election results.

“I’m quite terrified, honestly,” one student told the campus newspaper as she took part in the event. “It’s saying that people are really given into fear-mongering. They are willing to put people down based on their identity just so that they would feel vindicated that they would be getting rid of ‘Crooked Hillary.'”

Another participant told the Sun many are in “shock” as she sipped on a Starbucks coffee cup, sitting cross-legged in the institution’s Ho Plaza.

“I am concerned how this is validating the behavior of a lot of people,” she said.

As the event took place, students — roughly 20 or so, according to the Sun’s video — wrote their reactions and emotions on poster boards with colored markers, or with chalk on the ground. A chilly day on the Ithaca campus, at one point the demonstrators huddled together as what appeared to be a barista brought them warm drinks.

Several adults, most likely professors, stood around the group. The event appeared to take on the atmosphere of a funeral wake.

“I’d say the results are heartbreaking and such a slap in the face to so many of the populations that make up America,” an older lady who appeared to be a professor told The Sun. “I think it’s also an indication that there and many many people who are suffering and feel that haven’t been heard and they believe that Trump will answer their needs.”

On election night, Cornell students had reacted with shock and “horror” to the results.

“How the f*** is he winning? What the f***?” said a student as Trump took the state of Ohio. Many students also said they felt genuine emotional distress “knowing that something like this could happen,” the Sun reports.

It has been a long, long time that I've had a good laugh immediately after a presidential election... LOL!!!

Offline GrouchoTex

Get a squeegee and a water bottle and work the end of the I-35 exit ramp to TU in Austin.  Those guys make 40-50K a year!

@Wingnut

You're off your game just a tad."99" was a reference to "agent 99".

Wingnut

@Wingnut

You're off your game just a tad."99" was a reference to "agent 99".
@GrouchoTex
Wow.  That is so not me....I really did Miss it by That Much!

I need to step my game up.    :0001:

Offline Norm Lenhart

@GrouchoTex
Wow.  That is so not me....I really did Miss it by That Much!

I need to step my game up.    :0001:

Yup you did. You gota Make 99 Great again!

Offline mountaineer

Ugh. Watched "Pardon the Interruption" on ESPN this evening and Obama's two golf buddies, Michael Wilbon and Tony Kornheiser, were insufferable about the election. They couched it in terms of how upset the Detroit Pistons players were, and why wouldn't they be? All black and brown people should be upset, Wilbon said.

Really? These guys are making millions of dollars to work about six months of the year. Exactly when was the last time they were oppressed and what did Donald Trump - or just about anyone else - have to do with that?
 22222frying pan
« Last Edit: November 10, 2016, 12:16:14 am by mountaineer »
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline corbe

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
Much prefer the new thread title- I have been drenched in Schadenfreud since 2 am.

Went to my gym this afternoon where I was greeted by several members who asked what I thought and I told them that I was grateful that the thieving corrupt, lying, influence-peddling, illegal-server-using shrew did not win. This was greeted with laughter and agreement except for one lone woman who looked around in shock and said, "I'm outnumbered." She left. Made my day.

My entire family reluctantly voted for Trump to stop the evil one from winning. The one exception is a niece who works for a limousine liberal in Chicago (who does not provide health insurance to her employees) and runs some bogus global warming hoopla scam. This niece, who was raised better, is completely brainwashed and is brainwashing her children. Her 10 year old, who has an iPhone, went to bed at 11 pm last night in tears saying, "She can't win."  The niece also claims that her three year old requests as a bedtime story a book about Hitlery- "Some girls are born to lead." Sure she does.

I posted on our private Instagram group a picture of Hitlery with the caption, "I'm going to prison, aren't I?" Just waiting to be unfollowed.  :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly:
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Grow up, Trump won.
Does that mean he can randomly grab bleeps? I thought the Clintons lost...
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Silver Pines

DU is fully collapsing. They shut down the website claiming Trump hacked it last night and now the members are in full revolt on their FB page. Hilarious.

https://www.facebook.com/democraticunderground

@Frank Cannon

I just bookmarked that to read in all its juiciness a little later.

Silver Pines

Go get a Room!

@corbe
@Wingnut
@Norm Lenhart

What did I just walk into...oh....oh, I see....

*backs out slowly*

Wingnut

@corbe
@Wingnut
@Norm Lenhart

What did I just walk into...oh....oh, I see....

*backs out slowly*

Chicken! :blank: