Author Topic: Be gracious winners  (Read 15611 times)

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Re: Be gracious winners
« Reply #25 on: November 13, 2016, 03:44:52 pm »
As hard is it going to be given the level of vitrol, insult  and out right hate poured out at Trump supporters, I suggest we all be very gracious winners. The Never Trumpers are going to be in total freak out mode as they work out their grief, anger and denial. As much as ego suggest we rub their faces in Trumps victory, just let it go.

We won. Nothing else matters today.

Make sure you take a hard look in the mirror at your own actions and words as well. As well as those of your fellow Trumpkins.

There's blame on both sides.

Your "win" is a phyrric victory.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #26 on: November 13, 2016, 06:55:41 pm »
This isn't facebook @INVAR --- please, stop dragging crap from other forums to this one and holding Briefers responsible.

Quote from: LateForLunch on November 09, 2016, 02:50:34 PM:

If we would speak of "gracelessness" we must needs speak of virtually every single post by every single anti-Trumpster on this thread and most others. A more graceless, artless, ill-mannered bunch of louts, both male and female I have seldom seen.

Quote from: TomSea on November 09, 2016, 04:26:26 AM

You've been reported.

Never Trumpers, not all of them, should be called vulgar molesters.  Bullies.  Typical molesting by the worse.

Quote from: 240B on November 08, 2016, 09:10:18 AM
#NeverTrump Republicans: 'I'm going to remember them

You guys just cannot learn.

But you will. You will soon know that all of what we have been saying is true.

You will know soon enough. Keep doing what you are doing, and you will keep getting what you get.

Quote from: jpsb on November 07, 2016, 01:50:30 PM

I intend to fight you and all others that would hand the country over to the Marxist globalist to my last breath punk.

The mod staff cleaned up and deleted a lot of the threatening and subtle threatening posts from the 'gracious' winners.

The ONLY reason this board is not littered with direct death threats and other promises of retribution from the 'gracious winners' - is that the rules here are tighter and equally applied than they are elsewhere. 

After all, if I can be *held responsible* for refusing to support Trump, then surely I can reciprocate.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #27 on: November 13, 2016, 07:09:03 pm »
Do you ever read what you write or is all just a peek into your stream of consciousness?  You just said you dumped the GOP after the mid-terms and will ever "join forces" with us again.  That's your choice  ---- not a punishment.  Do you even understand meaning of  the words you use?

I did not tie the Trumper desire for punishment being visited upon NeverTrump with dumping your party in 2014 after the mid-terms.  How you arrived at that from what I posted is bizarre.

Your reply to the comment that NeverTrump has always been neverHillary was said to be untrue because we would not 'join forces' with Trump to defeat Hillary.  Why would a principled  Conservative 'join forces' with a liberal to defeat a liberal?   Can Satan cast out Satan?  I made the mistake of attempting to explain to you why that was so because apparently, you cannot comprehend the concept of principles before party.

The fact that Trump militants still desire punishment to be exacted upon NeverTrump for our refusal to support a NYC liberal who self-identifies as a Republican continues to illustrate that my 'choice' to dump your party was justified and warranted.

Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Silver Pines

« Reply #28 on: November 14, 2016, 12:51:41 am »
As hard is it going to be given the level of vitrol, insult  and out right hate poured out at Trump supporters, I suggest we all be very gracious winners. The Never Trumpers are going to be in total freak out mode as they work out their grief, anger and denial. As much as ego suggest we rub their faces in Trumps victory, just let it go.

@GAJohnnie, you attribute far more emotion to political campaigns than most of us.  Let's keep this in perspective, okay?  We had an election.  No one's family member died.

I've been resigned to the outcome since Cruz dropped out in May.  I hate to break your heart, but on Wednesday morning when we found out who won, my husband and I were like, "Looks like it's Trump", and we had our coffee, he went to work, and I went about my day.  I'm sorry, because I kind of think you want to believe otherwise, but there was no freaking out, no "grief, anger and denial" (good Lord). 

You mention the desirability of being gracious winners.  On Wednesday morning I signed on here and pinged a number of Trump supporters.  I posted that I was wrong about Trump's chances, and they were right, and I offered my congratulations.  I told them that I intended to give Trump a chance.

Two of them were gracious enough to respond.

Offline rodamala

« Reply #29 on: November 14, 2016, 01:21:18 am »
Trumpers won't be graceful.

Yuuuuuup!

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #30 on: November 14, 2016, 01:54:23 am »

Somebody ought to tell Trump.  He is still stuck on stupid.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Online LMAO

« Reply #31 on: November 14, 2016, 02:08:03 am »
Conservatives are not nor should they go away just because Trump won. There will be times when we will support him and times were he will run into opposition from conservatives

We absolutely need to hold the line on his spending. I don't care that he may say or do something stupid on occasion but the spending and deficits have to be opposed. Vigorously, so.  Conservatives opposed BHO's near trillion dollar stimulus and the near doubling of the debt so Trump should not be let off the hook on this issue just because he has the "R" after his name

Any attempts to add another entitlement to the budget should also be opposed. Opposition to him on these issues doesn't mean it needs to become a personal attack on him . But we cannot have another situation as we had when GWB and the GOP had it all. It ended badly for the GOP  and it will again if the same scenario is repeated.

« Last Edit: November 14, 2016, 02:18:05 am by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #32 on: November 14, 2016, 02:16:27 am »
Conservatives are not nor should they go away just because Trump won. There will be times when we will support him and times were he will run into opposition from conservatives

We absolutely need to hold the line on his spending. I don't care that he may say or do something stupid on occasion but the spending and deficits have to be opposed. Vigorously, so.  Conservatives opposed BHO's near trillion dollar stimulus and the near doubling of the debt so Trump should not be let off the hook on this issue just because he has the "R" after his name

Any attempts to add another entitlement to the budget should also be opposed. Opposition to him on these issues doesn't mean it needs to become a personal attack on him . But we cannot have another situation as we had when GWB and the GOP had it all. It ended badly for the GOP  and it will again if the same scenario is repeated.

I 100% will be supporting everything Trump does that is conservative. My question is "Why should actual conservatives support the things that are not?"

And why that is in any way an issue for his supporters? He is President elect. Is that carte blanche for him to do as he pleases? Does that make his every decision the conservative one and free from criticizing? Is it somehow "wrong" or 'UnAmerican" to oppose liberal ideas if Trump forwards them?

Nope.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2016, 02:17:35 am by Norm Lenhart »

Online LMAO

« Reply #33 on: November 14, 2016, 02:18:50 am »
I 100% will be supporting everything Trump does that is conservative. My question is "Why should actual conservatives support the things that are not?"

And why that is in any way an issue for his supporters? He is President elect. Is that carte blanche for him to do as he pleases? Does that make his every decision the conservative one and free from criticizing? Is it somehow "wrong" or 'UnAmerican" to oppose liberal ideas if Trump forwards them?

Nope.

Trump's desire for more government activism in the economy and his desire to grow the budget and the size and scope of the federal government along with his position on trade are extremely worrisome.

Trump may have been a low life human being to some but if he ran on a platform of limited government, fiscal sanity, and free markets I would have cast a ballot for him
« Last Edit: November 14, 2016, 02:21:13 am by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #34 on: November 14, 2016, 02:23:50 am »
Trump's desire for more government activism in the economy and his desire to grow the budget and the size and scope of the federal government along with his position on trade are extremely worrisome.

Trump may have been a low life human being to some but if he ran on a platform of limited government, fiscal sanity, and free markets I would have cast a ballot for him

A lot of very foolish people bought into and spread the meme (for the benefit of their liberal that conservatives are purists. The truth is that we would have, and in fact did vote for people less than pure. We just refused to go over the fence to elect someone. Had Trump been more believable based on his record, he'd have gotten more of us.

Online LMAO

« Reply #35 on: November 14, 2016, 02:47:28 am »
Alot of good literature  out there for Trump to read and I hope he does.

May I recommend any books by Milton Friedman, Barry Goldwater, certain websites like Mises Institute, maybe some works by Murry Rothbard?

Barry Goldwater

Offline Longmire

« Reply #36 on: November 14, 2016, 03:10:13 am »
Somebody ought to tell Trump.  He is still stuck on stupid.

Someone is...

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #37 on: November 14, 2016, 03:14:46 am »
I regret that I allowed Veterans Day to pass without congratulating Trump for surviving his long-ago campaign at the Battle of Poontang.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #38 on: November 14, 2016, 03:22:44 am »
Jesus, dude. Get a grip.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #39 on: November 14, 2016, 03:24:17 am »
I regret that I allowed Veterans Day to pass without congratulating Trump for surviving his long-ago campaign at the Battle of Poontang.

I've had enough sink...I have asked and asked...
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #40 on: November 14, 2016, 04:02:52 am »

Nothing says 'gracious' quite like "We won. Nothing else matters today".
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #41 on: November 14, 2016, 04:20:41 am »
Nothing says 'gracious' quite like "We won. Nothing else matters today".

It's that unity thing Trump called for. Most people outside his fanatics have made an effort to. I guess us nevertrumpers are in deed, more supportive of his call than his own crew.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #42 on: November 14, 2016, 04:41:29 am »
I've had enough sink...I have asked and asked...

How about 96 posts by the Deacon today until you zotted him, for HIS "snark ??"

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #43 on: November 14, 2016, 04:56:17 am »

Don't you have a fly that needs it's wings pulled off?
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Mod2

« Reply #44 on: November 14, 2016, 04:59:03 am »

How about putting a sock in it before you join him.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #45 on: November 14, 2016, 05:05:00 am »

Nope.
You have touched on the essential post election euphoria/somnolence which permits presidents to call for policies in their first 100 days to a year which are not well thought out nor studied for long-term effect. This is the time people really need to pay attention. If the cult of personality wants to get in the way of that we will clash.

The unwillingness to examine Trump's policies is ludicrous. Hillary isn't going to jump in and change anything, she's a footnote. So let's look at what Trump does for what it is. Either it is good, and if so, I'll back it. If I don't think so, I'll criticize it.

Either people give a damn about the country, or they don't, and now that he won, he should be held accountable for his proposals and his actions. Blindly following everything he puts out is a dangerous course, indeed.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #46 on: November 14, 2016, 05:07:10 am »
Wow! People getting thrown off a thread about being gracious.

Now that is something that has me in hysterics. Thanks for the laugh everyone!

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #47 on: November 14, 2016, 07:03:17 am »

"It's a beautiful day at the Red Pony and continual soiree!"
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #48 on: November 14, 2016, 11:01:37 am »

If you have Showtime, I heartily suggest you watch Stephen Colbert's Election Night Special. It was designed to celebrate the election of our First Woman President, except that actual events got in the way.  :silly:
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline GAJohnnie

« Reply #49 on: November 14, 2016, 01:40:30 pm »
Trumpers won't be graceful.

Actually look in the mirror to see who is not being graceful.