Author Topic: Ted Cruz praises Trump's 'amazing victory': ...A Promise to Drain the Swamp"  (Read 2626 times)

Offline libertybele

This is still a political forum and despite my favorite candidate not winning the nomination I will still involve myself in steering the political direction of the country – YES holding my elected Representative's feet to the fire. I will NOT give up on my job as a voter, a precinct delegate and constituent.

For those who want to throw in the towel and give up on the Republican Party and politics, I’m sure there are non- political forums for people who just like to complain about the world.

Amen.  I will continue to make phone calls, send e-mails, even to those Congressmen outside my state or district.  They work for us.  I don't work for them.  I am not above knocking on my Senator or Congressman's door while he is in town; (bringing a couple of people along is helpful) and sitting down and having a chat.  Keep in mind, once everyone is sworn in, we have no checks and balances in place ... only our continued right to be heard and the rights we hold under the Constitution. 
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline libertybele

I think you are correct.
Outside of some of the social issues, they aren't that far apart at all, when it comes to security, immigration, SCOTUS, lowering Taxes, easing regulations.

I did notice in Ryan's speech and during Trump's speech that neither one of them gave any credit or thanks whatsoever for Cruz campaigning for Pence, and for those down ballot. IMHO Cruz helped is win probably more than most and they've already eliminated him from the political scene.  Instead they thanked people like Christie and Preibus!  Yes, we still have a lot of work to do!!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
I did notice in Ryan's speech and during Trump's speech that neither one of them gave any credit or thanks whatsoever for Cruz campaigning for Pence, and for those down ballot. IMHO Cruz helped is win probably more than most and they've already eliminated him from the political scene.  Instead they thanked people like Christie and Preibus!  Yes, we still have a lot of work to do!!

Well, in fairness to both of them, there other elected Republicans who helped Trump as well.  Christie was actually part of Trump's team, and Priebus was head of the RNC, so I can see why they were singled out.

I know all the folks who want to see Cruz run for President at some point, but there's no guarantee he'd ever win.  A 30 year, hard core judicial conservative on the Supreme Court would be absolutely huge.   But I think even Cruz himself would prefer an elective office, so I don't think there's much of a chance of that happening.