Author Topic: How the F.B.I. Reviewed Thousands of Emails in One Week  (Read 561 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
How the F.B.I. Reviewed Thousands of Emails in One Week
« on: November 08, 2016, 02:24:44 pm »
How the F.B.I. Reviewed Thousands of Emails in One Week

By ADAM GOLDMAN and MATT APUZZONOV. 7, 2016

WASHINGTON — Out of hundreds of thousands of emails seized last month from disgraced former Representative Anthony D. Weiner, a substantial number turned out to be copies of documents already reviewed by F.B.I. agents and analysts, allowing the agency to wrap up in days a review that some had feared would take weeks, if not longer.

The F.B.I. discovered approximately 650,000 emails on a computer that agents had seized while investigating Mr. Weiner on allegations of sexual improprieties. Some of those emails belonged to Huma Abedin, Mr. Weiner’s estranged wife and a top aide to Hillary Clinton.

As it turned out, law enforcement officials said, there was no need to review all of the emails, only Ms. Abedin’s. Those emails numbered in the thousands, and even many of those were duplicates of messages that had been looked at previously, officials said.

That allowed the F.B.I. to sort through the emails faster than many, including some at the agency, had expected.

more
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/08/us/politics/hillary-clinton-donald-trump-fbi-emails.html?_r=1
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34