Author Topic: Huckabee on #NeverTrump Republicans: 'I'm going to remember them  (Read 9699 times)

Offline musiclady

Re: Huckabee on #NeverTrump Republicans: 'I'm going to remember them
« Reply #50 on: November 08, 2016, 04:09:36 pm »
Vote?

:tongue2:

Only in Cook or Cuyahoga county could I do that, Mr. Lincoln.   :dx1:
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Online Polly Ticks

« Reply #51 on: November 08, 2016, 04:26:12 pm »
The only way to "try it that way" is for a conservative to actually win the nomination.  And I'm all in favor of that, but that hasn't happened for...a long time. 

The problem is that there is no collective hive-mind of voters to decide "let's do something different".  It's all just masses of individuals gravitating towards the particular candidates they like.   Think about those who voted for Kasich, or Bush.  Do you really think this election will convince them that they should support Ted Cruz the next time around?  I think it'll be exactly the opposite -- they'll think that their more liberal brand of Republicanism is still the ticket to winning the general election.  Or how about the Trump supporters embittered at #neverTrumpers.  Are they all going to decide to vote for Cruz because you "taught them a lesson"?

People don't think/act that way.

I didn't say you did.  I said that in the next election, a lot of people may vote based on spite.  I hope I'm wrong, but I suspect this won't be a defeat that will draw us closer.  It will be a defeat that will lead to nasty recriminations that will last for years.

I don't have much time to engage today (which is why I typically don't post much that could be construed as controversial -- it seems quite rude to post and run), so I will only address one point of conversation: 

I am not voting to teach anyone a lesson.  I am voting for someone who agrees with my values.  Period. 

Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #52 on: November 08, 2016, 04:31:49 pm »
Only in Cook or Cuyahoga county could I do that, Mr. Lincoln.   :dx1:

Might be able to get away with it in Mahoning County.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #53 on: November 08, 2016, 04:33:25 pm »
I don't have much time to engage today (which is why I typically don't post much that could be construed as controversial -- it seems quite rude to post and run), so I will only address one point of conversation: 

I am not voting to teach anyone a lesson.  I am voting for someone who agrees with my values.  Period.

Thats why Trump voters are upset. People like you showed the moral courage they lacked.  And they know it.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #54 on: November 08, 2016, 04:34:58 pm »
Might be able to get away with it in Mahoning County.

True enough!  If Frank Franko were still mayor of Youngstown, you could get away with it for sure!

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline musiclady

« Reply #55 on: November 08, 2016, 04:36:22 pm »

Thank you, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!, @Polly Ticks !

That is precisely what I'm doing.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #56 on: November 08, 2016, 04:36:49 pm »
Thats why Trump voters are upset. People like you showed the moral courage they lacked.  And they know it.

I've spent some time reflecting on my voting history today and realized that I have only cast two votes FOR a presidential candidate in my entire 68 year long lifetime! Both of them for Ronald Wilson Reagan. ALL of the rest have been against someone. How sad is that for a voting history in what was once the greatest country on the face of the earth?
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #57 on: November 08, 2016, 04:42:07 pm »
I've spent some time reflecting on my voting history today and realized that I have only cast two votes FOR a presidential candidate in my entire 68 year long lifetime! Both of them for Ronald Wilson Reagan. ALL of the rest have been against someone. How sad is that for a voting history in what was once the greatest country on the face of the earth?

I regret some of mine as well. McCain especially, but he taught me my lesson. Never again. My first vote was Reagan 84. It's the only one I ever truly wanted to make since. I was good with GWB until he sold the war out to Democrats. I have since learned my error in trusting him as well.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #58 on: November 08, 2016, 04:45:30 pm »
I regret some of mine as well. McCain especially, but he taught me my lesson. Never again. My first vote was Reagan 84. It's the only one I ever truly wanted to make since. I was good with GWB until he sold the war out to Democrats. I have since learned my error in trusting him as well.

GW was the only man to ever occupy the White House that I personally knew and he betrayed me.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #59 on: November 08, 2016, 06:41:55 pm »
You guys just cannot learn.

But you will. You will soon know that all of what we have been saying is true.

You will know soon enough. Keep doing what you are doing, and you will keep getting what you get.

If you really want to go there with us…  you and yours will rue the day you decided to actually be that stupid.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #60 on: November 08, 2016, 07:00:21 pm »
Well I'm okay with that, I bet all the people he shilled phony medical cures to remember him too!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3og3aUlQKTk

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #61 on: November 08, 2016, 07:07:22 pm »
You guys just cannot learn.

But you will. You will soon know that all of what we have been saying is true.

You will know soon enough. Keep doing what you are doing, and you will keep getting what you get.
OH CRAP, Now you have plumb scared me straight! As if the opinion of of one of Orange Julius's minions carried any weight with me or my future actions. I will always choose what is right and moral, and if that what means choosing none of the above as I did at the top of this ballot, so be it!

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #62 on: November 08, 2016, 07:12:35 pm »
He said something funny, Trump may be a carwreck but Hillary is a drunk driver going the wrong way.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #63 on: November 08, 2016, 07:16:51 pm »
Husckster is an inbred POS.

FU, and remember to call me anytime to you like ass hole.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #64 on: November 08, 2016, 07:18:56 pm »
Nominate another liberal POS in 2020 and watch us do it again. Happily.

:amen:
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #65 on: November 08, 2016, 07:20:41 pm »
America has reached its tipping point, with an enslaved and growing majority populace   (dependents of Big Government), willing to sale their souls for the feeling of security and peace. And that goes for both Parties now, so it seems.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #66 on: November 08, 2016, 07:22:23 pm »
So remember.  We will remember you back, Huckabee.

Huckster's career has fallen into pointless punditry.   4 years from now, no one will even remember this turd.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

HonestJohn

« Reply #67 on: November 08, 2016, 10:17:06 pm »
Moo moo moo moo moo.

Moo moo moo. Moo moo moo moo moo moo moo moo moo moo moo moo moo moo.

Moo moo moo moo moo.  Moo moo moo moo moo moo, moo moo moo moo moo moo moo moo.

Who let the cows in?

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #68 on: November 08, 2016, 10:34:29 pm »
That's nice. Can I sign my name on his enemies list extra large, like John Hancock?

I want to put my signature on that list right under you.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #69 on: November 08, 2016, 10:35:28 pm »
So remember.  We will remember you back, Huckabee.

Funny how they forget it's a two way street.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #70 on: November 08, 2016, 10:50:17 pm »
What's a Huckabee?

Offline chae

« Reply #71 on: November 08, 2016, 10:51:22 pm »
i wonder if he remembers "The four slain officers were Mark Renninger, 39 (killed with a shot to the head); Ronald Owens, 37 (shot in the neck); Tina Griswold, 40 (shot in the head); and Greg Richards, 42 (shot in the head)" who were shot by Maurice Clemmons at a coffee shop by a criminal Huckabee pardoned.
This is another reason I think Huckabee is a waste of skin
http://www.rightwingwatch.org/post/mike-huckabee-pushed-for-parole-of-rapist-who-then-killed-two-women/

geronl

« Reply #72 on: November 09, 2016, 05:38:46 am »
those who stand against the leftist onslaught will be purged and might even turn up under leaves in a local park

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #73 on: November 09, 2016, 05:59:30 am »
Its like being intimidated by Gomer Pyle.

Not very Christian.  I can see why he is a big Trump supporter.  Favorite verse eye for an eye out of context.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

geronl

« Reply #74 on: November 09, 2016, 06:00:22 am »
The Night of Long Knives is coming