Author Topic: Huckabee on #NeverTrump Republicans: 'I'm going to remember them  (Read 9881 times)

Offline Norm Lenhart

Re: Huckabee on #NeverTrump Republicans: 'I'm going to remember them
« Reply #100 on: November 09, 2016, 05:37:36 pm »

And to think a few minutes ago, in the spirit of reconciliation, I was considering taking you off IGNORE, lose the attitude, the election's over.

@TomSea

Never trust a liberal. Ever.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #101 on: November 09, 2016, 05:40:50 pm »
You've been reported.

Never Trumpers, not all of them, should be called vulgar molesters.  Bullies.  Typical molesting by the worse.

Report yourself there bub.

But if you want to be stupid enough to engage in this kind of crap and act as the bully you really are - I'm stepping up - and you are not gonna like the consequences.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline montanajoe

« Reply #102 on: November 09, 2016, 05:44:04 pm »
Gotta step up your game to run with the big dogs MJ. ;)

I'll work on it... :laugh:

Offline CSM

« Reply #103 on: November 09, 2016, 05:44:12 pm »
Huck's comments prove that this election was nothing more than team sport.  Not one concern about any policy, no principle based comments, just a "hey, we are gonna get you" position.  A few remain tied to principles, but the majority clearly made the sacrifice in the interest of party. 

I hope I am wrong, but I fear I am right.  Huck's comments, and another poster's follow-up response, indicates that I am correct to have that fear.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #104 on: November 09, 2016, 05:53:59 pm »
Huck's comments prove that this election was nothing more than team sport.  Not one concern about any policy, no principle based comments, just a "hey, we are gonna get you" position.  A few remain tied to principles, but the majority clearly made the sacrifice in the interest of party. 

I hope I am wrong, but I fear I am right.  Huck's comments, and another poster's follow-up response, indicates that I am correct to have that fear.

You are not wrong.  I am in wholesale agreement with those sentiments.

Conservative Principles are seen as an evil in this day and age, unless those 'principles' are shaded in some form of Collectivism - then those are immovable.

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #105 on: November 09, 2016, 05:54:01 pm »
Report yourself there bub.

But if you want to be stupid enough to engage in this kind of crap and act as the bully you really are - I'm stepping up - and you are not gonna like the consequences.

As I said earlier, Myst does not like lifetime bans, but if she did, TomSea should be the first candidate.  He is disgusting.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #106 on: November 09, 2016, 05:55:15 pm »
I know Myst does not like lifetime bans, but for a member (who previously was quoted for #NT as allies of AlQaeda and ISIS) to blindly call other members and patriots here molesters deserves it.

I agree.  There are a lot of folks here making a genuine effort to patch things up, at least at some level, and he's just nasty. 

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #107 on: November 09, 2016, 05:56:21 pm »

I'll work on it... :laugh:

SEE THAT YOU DO!!!

22222frying pan :silly:

Offline musiclady

« Reply #108 on: November 09, 2016, 05:57:10 pm »
As I said earlier, Myst does not like lifetime bans, but if she did, TomSea should be the first candidate.  He is disgusting.

Yep.  Totally disgusting.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #109 on: November 09, 2016, 05:59:40 pm »
I agree.  There are a lot of folks here making a genuine effort to patch things up, at least at some level, and he's just nasty.

I'd call it more of finding a level of mutual tolerance but same thing in the end really. If Tommyor anyone else  wants to drag this back into a shitstorm, he will get what he asks for. But it will be clear to all that he instigated it and the fallout is his to bear.

Offline cato potatoe

« Reply #110 on: November 09, 2016, 06:02:12 pm »

Trump's ability to thread the electoral needle does not change what he is.  Conservatives now face a two front war against governmental tyranny.  I hope and pray that his supporters will develop the courage to question his abusive behaviors.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #111 on: November 09, 2016, 07:20:07 pm »
Trump's ability to thread the electoral needle does not change what he is.  Conservatives now face a two front war against governmental tyranny.  I hope and pray that his supporters will develop the courage to question his abusive behaviors.

Some 7 million fewer votes cast in this election than in 2012 with Trump getting fewer votes than McCain.

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
« Reply #112 on: November 09, 2016, 07:37:35 pm »
You've been reported.

Never Trumpers, not all of them, should be called vulgar molesters.  Bullies.  Typical molesting by the worse.

Oh, let's nominate someone who has not done anything in a leadership role, who hasn't accomplished anything. That's the ticket.

I'm sure Lando Lincoln would peace make over this and Mystery-AK would probably ignore this kind of abuse, done by a good number of these people.

@American Faith Today
@Smokin Joe
@Norm Lenhart

There's another listing.
Did I make the list? I'm going be ticked if I didn't get reported Tom.  **nononono*

What in the name of all that is good and decent ever happened to winning with grace?
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #113 on: November 09, 2016, 07:50:56 pm »
Did I make the list? I'm going be ticked if I didn't get reported Tom.  **nononono*

What in the name of all that is good and decent ever happened to winning with grace?

As several folks have noted over the course of this embarrassment of a national election campaign, it was never going to be enough that Trump *won*.  They are still pissed we did not all seig heil and fall down in total obeisance and devotion as demanded by the ardent militants, of which apparently Tom fashions himself.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #114 on: November 09, 2016, 07:57:00 pm »
As several folks have noted over the course of this embarrassment of a national election campaign, it was never going to be enough that Trump *won*.  They are still pissed we did not all seig heil and fall down in total obeisance and devotion as demanded by the ardent militants, of which apparently Tom fashions himself.

Just another parallel of history. Liberals are who they are, act how they act and do what they do. It never changes. Ever. Which of course, you know well.

Offline Cripplecreek

« Reply #115 on: November 09, 2016, 08:04:23 pm »

An Alt Right scumbag on twitter this morning told me that my only worth is te gold fillings in my mouth. (An apparent reference to nazis)

Offline musiclady

« Reply #116 on: November 09, 2016, 08:05:13 pm »

It went out the window with Obama.

Tom is the same kind of people.

Nasty.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2016, 08:07:18 pm by musiclady »

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
« Reply #117 on: November 09, 2016, 08:53:07 pm »
It went out the window with Obama.

Tom is the same kind of people.

Nasty.
I'm kind of disappointed. @TomSea have a lot of common ground, I don't understand why the folks that were willing to compromise for Trump aren't willing at all to show any understanding or make amends now that it's over.
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline musiclady

« Reply #118 on: November 09, 2016, 09:02:58 pm »
I'm kind of disappointed. @TomSea have a lot of common ground, I don't understand why the folks that were willing to compromise for Trump aren't willing at all to show any understanding or make amends now that it's over.

For a few of them, it's not grounded in rational thought. I think that's why it makes no sense to the rest of us.

Why be filled with bitterness and hatred when you just got your fondest wish?

Makes no sense.   Just like with the Obama crowd.  It happened then too.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #119 on: November 09, 2016, 09:23:01 pm »

It's not hard to understand at all.

When people choose a king to be sovereign, they demand total obedience and adulation towards their anointed in whom they have lofted messianic or monarchy status.  That is simple human nature.

It was never going to be enough they got their prince into power - because they also want retribution, punishment and worse to be visited on everyone that opposed them.

Vengeance was a major selling point on Trump for them.

Which is why you see what you are witnessing from a few of them.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #120 on: November 09, 2016, 09:25:07 pm »

Because now Trump has to live up to their praise and defense of him or they are personally responsible. They do not like personal responsibility. Saying random things on the net carries no consequence. Some Trumpists wrote a lot of checks Trump is in no way responsible for cashing. They are. Tom was one. He went hot and heavy on the Abortion issue for starters. He called him the next Reagan and better than Reagan. He projected many things onto Trump that Trump never claimed himself.

Now if Trump does not deliver, Tom holds the bill. And Trump has no responsibility to deliver on promises Tom made on his behalf all on his own.

Offline Cripplecreek

« Reply #121 on: November 09, 2016, 09:36:16 pm »
Because now Trump has to live up to their praise and defense of him or they are personally responsible. They do not like personal responsibility. Saying random things on the net carries no consequence. Some Trumpists wrote a lot of checks Trump is in no way responsible for cashing.

On twitter I see a lot of wild expectations being laid at Trump's feet that he never cultivated. Can't really blame Trump for fantasies that his supporters have created in their own minds.

For instance, I'm seeing twitter cheers that western ranchers no longer need fear the federal government because Trump will put the feds in their place. In reality Trump has pretty consistently taken the solidly big government stance.   

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #122 on: November 09, 2016, 09:56:26 pm »
On twitter I see a lot of wild expectations being laid at Trump's feet that he never cultivated. Can't really blame Trump for fantasies that his supporters have created in their own minds.

For instance, I'm seeing twitter cheers that western ranchers no longer need fear the federal government because Trump will put the feds in their place. In reality Trump has pretty consistently taken the solidly big government stance.   

Thats partially why I said often that they were a danger to themselves and others. These people are gonna freak when he does not do what they imagined him to have said. I don't have a hard time believing some of them are nuts enough to get them some payback. On him, on us, on random people they imagined blocked Trump's efforts to fulfill their wishes. If they imagined him saying things he did not and pretend he did not say other things they did, their grasp on reality ain't great to begin with.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2016, 09:57:22 pm by Norm Lenhart »

Offline Cripplecreek

« Reply #123 on: November 09, 2016, 10:17:20 pm »
Thats partially why I said often that they were a danger to themselves and others. These people are gonna freak when he does not do what they imagined him to have said. I don't have a hard time believing some of them are nuts enough to get them some payback. On him, on us, on random people they imagined blocked Trump's efforts to fulfill their wishes. If they imagined him saying things he did not and pretend he did not say other things they did, their grasp on reality ain't great to begin with.

I recognized some sales techniques that Trump was using early on from a sales course I took years ago. Things like not finishing sentences. It allows the buyer to end the sentence any way they want it to end so they sell the product or service to themselves without the seller being tied to a promise or guarantee.

Another is constantly shifting subjects to keep the buyer off balance so the buyer must rely on the seller to keep track of the conversation. Trump did this in the interview about federal lands when he shifted from why the feds must control the land to Hillary will take your guns away. One doesn't have anything to do with te other. (In reality, more federal land eases gun control)

Offline musiclady

« Reply #124 on: November 09, 2016, 10:23:17 pm »
I recognized some sales techniques that Trump was using early on from a sales course I took years ago. Things like not finishing sentences. It allows the buyer to end the sentence any way they want it to end so they sell the product or service to themselves without the seller being tied to a promise or guarantee.

Another is constantly shifting subjects to keep the buyer off balance so the buyer must rely on the seller to keep track of the conversation. Trump did this in the interview about federal lands when he shifted from why the feds must control the land to Hillary will take your guns away. One doesn't have anything to do with te other. (In reality, more federal land eases gun control)

Interesting.....

I always thought he switched subject because his brain doesn't work right.....