Author Topic: Why The 9 States With Pot On The Ballot Shouldnt Legalize It  (Read 237 times)

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Why The 9 States With Pot On The Ballot Shouldnt Legalize It
« on: November 08, 2016, 02:51:41 pm »
In 2012, my fellow Coloradans thought it would be a good idea to legalize the sale of so-called medical marijuana in our state. Lefty billionaire George Soros helped get it on the ballot to get the Cheech and Chong vote to the polls to help re-elect Barack Obama.

Those who proposed it as a good idea made all kinds of wonderful promises about how it would improve our already marvelous state. The same promises are being made in the nine states that will be voting on the issue on Tuesday.

It seems reasonable for these voters to ask how these grand promises have worked out in real life here in the Rocky Mountain State. All around the Internet, you can find “fact sheets” that make claims about how wonderful legal pot has been to our communities: Lower crime, fewer drug arrests, decreases in traffic fatalities, and higher tax revenues. Government data tells a very different story, however.

As a citizen of 20 years here, seeing the effects on my community and neighbors, I don’t see much benefit and do see a great deal of serious harm. We live in a very different state than we did before 2012. Let me give you just a few facts...

Read more at: http://thefederalist.com/2016/11/08/9-states-pot-ballot-shouldnt-legalize/
The Republic is lost.