Author Topic: Donald Trump is a demagogue. Period. The right’s failure to see it is a disgrace.  (Read 4989 times)

Offline sinkspur

Resp3 is right, put another Texan in the White House; not enough persecution of Christians in the Middle East happened under Dubya I suppose. What a success that was.

What a ridiculous, brain-dead remark.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline sinkspur

After Bush I don't think the country is ready for another Texan in the White House. Cruz would have lost on the Natural Born Citizen thing alone. Cruz had zero chance of winning the general, to many on the right take the constitution seriously and his flip flop on TPA/TPP was monumental. Rubio had the same problem but to a lesser extent since Rubio was born here, flipping on amnesty would have killed Rubio with middle/working class voters. For conservatives the choice was Trump, Cruz, Huckebee, Santorium maybe Carson. Everyone else was card carrying uniparty. And I have my doubts about Cruzs' bonifides as an anti-establishment candidate.

This is the funniest thing I've read all day, given your support for a moral degenerate who has no political philosophy (and likely can't spell "philosophy").

Offline jpsb

Offline sinkspur

I agree with much of your analysis.

I believe Donald Trump may be our last best chance to restore the republic given us by our founders.

He must have a special stomach lining because he has not wavered one bit in the face of daily streams of brutal, over-the-top criticisms and attacks on him, his family, his business. He did not need to do this, yet has willingly sacrificed nearly 2 years of his life to get to this point. He has the resources to live a life of grand luxury, but chose instead service to his fellow Americans. He has undertaken this challenge, I believe, purely for love of country.

He truly is a great American.  :patriot:

Yes he did. It's the ultimate end to a life spent in self-aggrandizement and self-glorification.  The last 16 months were essentially a prank gone horribly wrong.  Donald Trump doesn't give a rat's ass about "this country" because he could care less about its people. He puts down and insults anyone who disagrees with him or gets in his way.

"He was captured.  I like those who weren't captured."

For Trump, life is about himself. Thus, the rallies, the big crowds, the shunning of the mundane activities of actually getting elected.  He loves the stage and the accolades.

What he'll do without them is anybody's guess.

Offline Resp3

For Trump, life is about himself. Thus, the rallies, the big crowds, the shunning of the mundane activities of actually getting elected.  He loves the stage and the accolades.

What he'll do without them is anybody's guess.

My guess is that he'll do his Trump TV schtick for awhile. But that will go south very fast. He'll become a political pariah before the end of the year. It'll be a hoot to watch FReeper types turn on him in exactly the same way they turned on other losers like Newt, Huck, Palin and so on.

Meanwhile - this (I must admit) has been a most entertaining dog and pony show. The trained monkeys were amazing. And the sideshow freaks were - well really freaky.

After tonight - I'll say a prayer for the memory of conservatism in America and pray that some day some political party will return to sanity. Assuming of course, that there will be enough sane people in America to make such a party all that viable.

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
My guess is that he'll do his Trump TV schtick for awhile. But that will go south very fast. He'll become a political pariah before the end of the year. It'll be a hoot to watch FReeper types turn on him in exactly the same way they turned on other losers like Newt, Huck, Palin and so on.

Meanwhile - this (I must admit) has been a most entertaining dog and pony show. The trained monkeys were amazing. And the sideshow freaks were - well really freaky.

After tonight - I'll say a prayer for the memory of conservatism in America and pray that some day some political party will return to sanity. Assuming of course, that there will be enough sane people in America to make such a party all that viable.

My guess is that he'll quickly get bored with the actual job, and leave most of that to underlings.  He'll probably act more as a Head of State than as a Head of Government.  Visit a lot of countries, make speeches, maybe be his own press secretary sometimes.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
After Bush I don't think the country is ready for another Texan in the White House. Cruz would have lost on the Natural Born Citizen thing alone. Cruz had zero chance of winning the general, to many on the right take the constitution seriously and his flip flop on TPA/TPP was monumental. Rubio had the same problem but to a lesser extent since Rubio was born here, flipping on amnesty would have killed Rubio with middle/working class voters. For conservatives the choice was Trump, Cruz, Huckebee, Santorium maybe Carson. Everyone else was card carrying uniparty. And I have my doubts about Cruzs' bonifides as an anti-establishment candidate.

I don't like to criticize Bush, this language to talk down Trump just makes me say, "hey, Romney was this" or "Bush was this", I voted for both. I don't get the criticism. It's never me against Bush so I try to temper comments with also criticizing the Democrats; which for all we know, some may actually be for.

It's rather shameful; I can understand one does not like Trump; that's one thing,

To say the most vile things about him and in turn, at the same time, not criticize Hillary, who can be said to have done lots of horrible things is absolute baffling.

The nastiness, is more suited to be a Democrat; this is a conservative forum afterall.

You hate (to a degree) the other party, you don't totally hate your own party's candidate,

Cruz campaigned with Trump, had an alliance, there is really something wacky about Trump hate. Unless it is really to defend the establishment.

Some policies, okay, one might not agree with, trade policies say. It is still very strange.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2016, 07:17:40 pm by TomSea »

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
I agree with much of your analysis.

I believe Donald Trump may be our last best chance to restore the republic given us by our founders.

He must have a special stomach lining because he has not wavered one bit in the face of daily streams of brutal, over-the-top criticisms and attacks on him, his family, his business. He did not need to do this, yet has willingly sacrificed nearly 2 years of his life to get to this point. He has the resources to live a life of grand luxury, but chose instead service to his fellow Americans. He has undertaken this challenge, I believe, purely for love of country.

He truly is a great American.  :patriot:

And you are too.

Offline jpsb

This is the funniest thing I've read all day, given your support for a moral degenerate who has no political philosophy (and likely can't spell "philosophy").

Well I am not a good speller and I am willing to admit my faults. However I am excellent at analogizing what is going on politically. In fact I am seldom incorrect at seeing the big picture. It is kind of a curse since I am rarely able to convince the less gifted of the dire consequences of voting the way they do. I did very thing I could to make Steve Forbes the nominee instead of W, alas to no avail. However even those

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
I have been around the world. (twice).

I have done things that no one does. I have seen things that no one sees.

I am voting for Donald Trump because your life, my life, depends on it.
Were you alone? If someone else was with you they did it and they saw it, or have been somewhere no human has ever been and something no human has ever done?
Your life and ours depends on voting for Trump? Puuuhleeeeze!

The hyperbole is strong with this one, reality? Meh.

Offline skeeter

Were you alone? If someone else was with you they did it and they saw it, or have been somewhere no human has ever been and something no human has ever done?

Hyperbole all 'round has been the currency of this election, from March until now.

Offline r9etb

I have been around the world. (twice).
I have done things that no one does. I have seen things that no one sees.

Heeee's been to paradise, but he's never been to "me."

« Last Edit: November 08, 2016, 08:32:21 pm by r9etb »