Author Topic: Stealth caucus gains ground in Trump White House  (Read 334 times)

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Stealth caucus gains ground in Trump White House
« on: April 14, 2017, 02:34:51 pm »
In President Trump’s White House, it’s better to not be seen or heard — at least in public.

A cadre of Trump’s top aides from New York City — economic adviser Gary Cohn, deputy national security adviser Dina Powell and Trump family members Ivanka Trump and Jared Kushner — appear to be gaining influence even as they’ve kept low profiles in the media.

Meanwhile, Trump’s longtime loyalists and some of the best known names in the media — chief strategist Stephen Bannon, senior adviser Stephen Miller, counselor Kellyanne Conway and chief of staff Reince Priebus — have been sidelined, chastised or seen their policy influence diminish as they became fixtures in the press.

Trump’s allies say there are two rules the president has for those who work for him. Unless you’re a paid spokesperson, you should only engage with the press to promote Trump’s agenda. And don’t ever forget that Trump is the main attraction.

More: http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/328775-stealth-caucus-gains-ground-in-trump-white-house
« Last Edit: April 14, 2017, 02:35:13 pm by EC »
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Re: Stealth caucus gains ground in Trump White House
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2017, 03:34:11 pm »
Adding a general note:

I shan't be posting any further stories here about the Bannon/Kushner feud. A pox on both their houses.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink