Author Topic: BREAKING>>FBI Director Comey says agency won’t recommend charges over Clinton email  (Read 27826 times)

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
I've noticed something. Spare the rod. Spoil the child. And late is better than never. To be fair they get to choose the spot. Cause no matter where the rod lands, you are hitting them squarely in the ass.
Fred, I'm not giving poo puss a break, I'm giving ME one. Y'all go ahead and whack away, and we'll let kitty wonder when I'm taking them off ignore. Mebbe (very small chance) they'll mind their manners.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline aligncare

...well from this poo puss Trump supporter to a NeverTrumper, let me once again thank you, smokin', for placing me in such an honored roll: ignored, by you in particular.

Offline Smokin Joe

...well from this poo puss Trump supporter to a NeverTrumper, let me once again thank you, smokin', for placing me in such an honored roll: ignored, by you in particular.
But you never know when I'll peek... :silly:

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Fred, I'm not giving poo puss a break, I'm giving ME one. Y'all go ahead and whack away, and we'll let kitty wonder when I'm taking them off ignore. Mebbe (very small chance) they'll mind their manners.

I understood that. I heard your heavy sigh clear over here.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
Exactly right. Nevers spent half their time signaling how virtuous they were and the other half wolf packing the few remaining Trump supporters with vile, nasty, personal insults – both pre-and post primary. The remarkable aspect was if Trump supporters said anything at all about being attacked and insulted they were told they were whining and subjected to further insults and crying baby memes.

So I was faced with a choice. Continue reasonable, polite discussion (which has always my habit) or fight back, or avoid posting here at all and go back to free republic (which I had left 7 years ago). As you indicated, others chose to leave. And for a while even I stopped posting here.

And that's what TBR became when it accepted wholesale, people banned from free republic; an unpleasant, uncomfortable place to exchange points of view.

Even their name, "NeverTrump" doesn't exactly say "hey, let's talk things over."

But, not to worry, Charles. Guests to TBR saw exactly and vividly which group were the aggressors.

Awwwww.  Another hurt snowflake with a projection problem.

Hey - last I looked, Free Republic is filled with only Trump worshippers JUST LIKE YOU!  You have the liberty to leave this 'unpleasant', 'uncomfortable place' to exchange your incessant worship of your prince at a whole host of forums wholly devoted to Trump and intolerant of any view contrary to accolades.  Rather than bitch and moan like a little girl about how awful this board is because the mods have not banned NeverTrumpers as you people have done everywhere else, why not do the grown up thing and just go?

There are myriad groups and forums you Trump Militants own wholesale - and this is one of the very few places left that actually permitted and allowed dissenting opinions and points made about ANY candidate.  Something you cannot stand.

The Mods even went so far as to create safe spaces right here on this board to assuage your delicate sensibilities - but that was not good enough.  Because what you wannabe tyrants really want - is total conformity of opinion regarding Trump as savior.

But if you prefer to fight and toss out these tantrums about how rotten this board is - I'm your Huckleberry.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Smokin Joe

Awwwww.  Another hurt snowflake with a projection problem.

Hey - last I looked, Free Republic is filled with only Trump worshippers JUST LIKE YOU!  You have the liberty to leave this 'unpleasant', 'uncomfortable place' to exchange your incessant worship of your prince at a whole host of forums wholly devoted to Trump and intolerant of any view contrary to accolades.  Rather than bitch and moan like a little girl about how awful this board is because the mods have not banned NeverTrumpers as you people have done everywhere else, why not do the grown up thing and just go?

There are myriad groups and forums you Trump Militants own wholesale - and this is one of the very few places left that actually permitted and allowed dissenting opinions and points made about ANY candidate.  Something you cannot stand.

The Mods even went so far as to create safe spaces right here on this board to assuage your delicate sensibilities - but that was not good enough.  Because what you wannabe tyrants really want - is total conformity of opinion regarding Trump as savior.

But if you prefer to fight and toss out these tantrums about how rotten this board is - I'm your Huckleberry.
What kills me is that instead of tearing into Hillary, going through e-mails, racking up the long list of lurid accomplishments of Her Hindness & Co., we are kept busy fighting off the same absolutely incontinent stream of effluent from Trumpanzees with their derrieres aimed squarely at the inside of our monitors day after day, just to avoid the impression that we are in any way in agreement with their nonsense.

If anything, that flow had only cemented my resolve not to vote for that SOB, even as I found a person I'd much rather have as POTUS.

So, instead of devoting our time to attacking her, or at least chronicling her evil, we spend our time explaining why we think he wouldn't make a good an acceptable president, either. All the Hillary folk have to do is just come over here and look, as we even discover new reasons he'd suck as POTUS.

Yet they claim to support him. :shrug:

There is a whole lot about this election that hasn't made much sense to me, but one of the absolutely stupidest things I have seen yet from members of the stupid Party is this whole debacle. Once again, from the jaws of victory...!

C S Lewis

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
There is a whole lot about this election that hasn't made much sense to me, but one of the absolutely stupidest things I have seen yet from members of the stupid Party is this whole debacle. Once again, from the jaws of victory...!

They were known as the Stupid Party for those reasons you cited.

Soon they will be known as The Dead Party; Whigs Part Deux or The New Democrat Party.

I for one have left their plantation.

Let the dead bury their own dead.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Smokin Joe

They were known as the Stupid Party for those reasons you cited.

Soon they will be known as The Dead Party; Whigs Part Deux or The New Democrat Party.

I for one have left their plantation.

Let the dead bury their own dead.
I shook the dust from my feet.

C S Lewis

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Why do the primary voters always get off Scott free when assigning blame? They're the idiots who gave us this walking abortion of a ballot.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Why do the primary voters always get off Scott free when assigning blame? They're the idiots who gave us this walking abortion of a ballot.

Because they believe they've delivered US the savior not only the GOP but of the country as well.

Every time that point is brought up we get hammered as being Hillary supporters.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2016, 06:02:11 pm by txradioguy »
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Oceander

Exactly right. Nevers spent half their time signaling how virtuous they were and the other half wolf packing the few remaining Trump supporters with vile, nasty, personal insults – both pre-and post primary. The remarkable aspect was if Trump supporters said anything at all about being attacked and insulted they were told they were whining and subjected to further insults and crying baby memes.

So I was faced with a choice. Continue reasonable, polite discussion (which has always my habit) or fight back, or avoid posting here at all and go back to free republic (which I had left 7 years ago). As you indicated, others chose to leave. And for a while even I stopped posting here.

And that's what TBR became when it accepted wholesale, people banned from free republic; an unpleasant, uncomfortable place to exchange points of view.

Even their name, "NeverTrump" doesn't exactly say "hey, let's talk things over."

But, not to worry, Charles. Guests to TBR saw exactly and vividly which group were the aggressors.

And while you were gone, traffic and posting grew dramatically.  The forum had its best month ever in October.  Mystery-ak and the rest of the crew must be doing something right. 

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

I have an idea.  Get the government out of healthcare, period.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup3:

Offline montanajoe

Because of upfront loaded open primary's. The Dims pick the nominee cycle after cycle... rinse priebis and repeat...

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Links are for fanatics. Normie is above fanaticism...he's in the twilight zone.
Links are for fanatics? Then you must be buried under links  :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly:

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Of course they will. Why should we assume they'll continue to be as flaccid as they've been over the past eight years?
**nononono* **nononono* **nononono*I think that flaccid is too firm a descriptor for their performance.

Offline Smokin Joe

**nononono* **nononono* **nononono*I think that flaccid is too firm a descriptor for their performance.
It depends on the direction their tools are aimed.

C S Lewis

Offline aligncare

Is alluding to sexual anatomy in the context of a political discussion one of those virtues you #NeverTrumpers self righteously and endlessly talk about?

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Weren't any other candidates talking about the size of their "hands" in front of 14 million viewers.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan

:amen:  :amen: and  :amen:
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Smokin Joe

Is alluding to sexual anatomy in the context of a political discussion one of those virtues you #NeverTrumpers self righteously and endlessly talk about?
What sexual anatomy are you referring to?

While anatomical terms are often used to describe Congress, whether individual members or in toto, the term 'flaccid' as in "lacking force, vigor, or effectiveness" (Webster's) is appropriate for the current GOP Congressional delegation overall, with a very few exceptions. When the investigative tools of Congress are used to probe the wrongdoing of this administration, the term is an appropriate descriptor.

If you got lost in some sort of double entendre, I would suggest that is a product of your thinking and not necessarily the writer's intent.

C S Lewis