Author Topic: Sheriff: South Carolina Man Killed 7 People  (Read 517 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Sheriff: South Carolina Man Killed 7 People
« on: November 06, 2016, 03:39:22 pm »
Sheriff: South Carolina Man Killed 7 People

WOODRUFF, S.C. —

The man arrested after authorities found a woman chained on his property in rural South Carolina killed at least seven people, and his confessions have solved a 13-year-old case, Sheriff Chuck Wright said Saturday.

Todd Kohlhepp confessed to shooting to death four people at a motorcycle shop in Spartanburg County in 2003, Wright said.

The community, he said, is no longer wondering who’s responsible for the “four people who were brutally murdered.”

Wright says Kohlhepp also showed law enforcement officers Saturday the gravesites of two more victims buried on his 95-acre property near Woodruff.

That’s in addition to the body found Friday at the site. Wright and Coroner Rusty Clevenger identified that victim as 32-year-old Charles Carver, the boyfriend of the woman found in a locked metal container Thursday.

Read More At: http://www.voanews.com/a/sheriff-south-carolina-man-killed-7-people/3583203.html

This is an odd story, 4 of these murders happened back in 2004. Also, if one reads the full story, this man, Kohlhepp spent his 20s in prison but once upon gaining freedom,  built up a real estate business employing more than a dozen people and also got his private pilot license.

Odd that the Voice of America is reporting on this so prominently, I don't know if one would hear about it so much on say, some of the other mainstream news outlets outside of that general vicinity.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2016, 03:39:55 pm by TomSea »

Oceander

Re: Sheriff: South Carolina Man Killed 7 People
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2016, 03:40:52 pm »
What sort of oddities are you insinuating?

Offline ConstitutionRose

Re: Sheriff: South Carolina Man Killed 7 People
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2016, 12:09:33 am »
It was on the various news stations all day long in SC and NC. 

The original article said his parole officer described him as a danger to society because he was violent, smart and thought the world owed him something.

I agree that he managed successfully for an unusually long time, but I bet they discover he has been killing for awhile.  No doubt he is intelligent enough to work out ways to conceal what he was doing.

There have been other serial killers who were able to conceal their crimes for many years.
"Old man can't is dead.  I helped bury him."  Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas quoting his grandfather.