Author Topic: The man behind the Trump rally disturbance in Reno,  (Read 15516 times)

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Re: The man behind the Trump rally disturbance in Reno,
« Reply #125 on: November 07, 2016, 03:50:15 am »
Is that your idea of a clever insult?  I'm not the one who was stupid enough to compare a trump rally with a LaRaza rally and get called on it.

@Emjay

You are clearly stupid enough to think I did.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #126 on: November 07, 2016, 03:51:20 am »
Hey! Get a better saddle and forward controls, my ride is pretty basic (lighter that way, and a hardtail), it does mark it's spot, and it doesn't leave behind the smell of pig sh*t, which is particularly offensive. It's quick off the line, but it isn't built for top end. WTH, it's an '82.

@Smokin Joe

My 40 Knuckle was pretty quick off the line and top end.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #127 on: November 07, 2016, 04:27:31 am »
@Emjay

You are clearly stupid enough to think I did.

Why are you resorting to personal insults?  I have not done that to you  I have corrected you when your posts were clearly wrong. 

You are the one who said that putting an anti-Trump sign up at a Trump rally was like putting a no illegal aliens sign up at a La Raza rally.

You clearly equated a Trump rally to a La Raza rally.  I pointed out that was a pretty good comparison the way some trumpettes behave and you took it personally.

Grow up, baby.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #128 on: November 07, 2016, 04:58:56 am »
Why are you resorting to personal insults?  I have not done that to you  I have corrected you when your posts were clearly wrong. 

You are the one who said that putting an anti-Trump sign up at a Trump rally was like putting a no illegal aliens sign up at a La Raza rally.

You clearly equated a Trump rally to a La Raza rally.  I pointed out that was a pretty good comparison the way some trumpettes behave and you took it personally.

Grow up, baby.

@sneakypete   And, by the way, if you are going to continue to insult me, I would appreciate a little panache and originality.  You've used stupid twice.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #129 on: November 07, 2016, 05:53:38 am »
MORE VOTER FRAUD FOR HILLARY! Hillary Supporter Who Attacked Trump: Dead Grandma Voted 3 Times From His Address…Brother With Misspelled Name Also Voting From His Address [VIDEO]
By 100% FED Up -  Nov 6, 2016

Scum of the earth. These few examples we’re stumbling across. How many more cases of voter fraud have already been committed by Hillary supporters who are truly afraid of losing to Trump on November 8th?

Trump was attacked during a rally in Reno, NV yesterday. The name of the attacker, Austyn Crites was released pretty quickly.

Based on evidence on Austyn Crites we now know:

** Crites very possibly harassed Trump at a prior rally
** His Facebook page was recently set up
** Crites carried a sign denigrating Trump
** Crites incited violence and emotional abuse
** Crites is mentioned in Wikileaks
** Crites is a Hillary supporter

NOW THIS…..
Austin Crites address has his DEAD GRANDMOTHER VOTING!

Read More At: http://100percentfedup.com/more-voter-fraud-for-hillary-hillary-supporter-who-attacked-trump-dead-grandma-voted-3-times-from-his-addressbrother-with-misspelled-name-also-voting-from-his-address/

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #130 on: November 07, 2016, 06:08:21 am »
** Crites incited violence and emotional abuse

Oh no! Not emotional abuse. Not during this election cycle. The horror......the horror.

Offline Neverdul

• Moderator Gubernatorial and State Races
« Reply #131 on: November 07, 2016, 09:13:02 am »
Trump was attacked during a rally in Reno, NV yesterday.

No. He wasn’t attacked. The only risk to Trump’s physical wellbeing occurred when the SS agents rushed him off stage.

The name of the attacker, Austyn Crites was released pretty quickly.

That’s because the SS determined that 1) he had no gun and 2) didn’t pose a risk to anyone. The SS doesn’t release someone who has attempted an assignation or may pose a future risk.

Crites very possibly harassed Trump at a prior rally.

I very possibly am engaged to marry Prince Harry. Prove I’m not.

His Facebook page was recently set up

What is “recently”? I can't confirm because he evidently took his FB page down probably because of threats. The 4 and 8 chan and Trump sub Redits have made it their mission to "Dox" him.

Crites carried a sign denigrating Trump.

Oh the HORRORS!!!!!!

A sign that said “'Republicans Against Trump”. That is obviously HATE speech and not protected under the 1st Amendment. LOCK HIM UP!

Crites incited violence and emotional abuse.

Why is it that a mere sign so easily incites violence among Trump supporters, why are they so easily triggered?  Emotional abuse….. every time I hear Trump or Clinton speak I feel emotionally abused.  I wish I could file a law suit or something….I’ll just go to my safe space for now.

Crites is mentioned in Wikileaks

From what I can tell, his name appears because he purchased a book.

The attachments where Austyn Crites’ name is found belong in a group of more than 5 million emails WikiLeaks have labeled “Global Intelligence Files,” which include messages from mid-2004 to late 2011, and center around a “global intelligence” company based in Texas named Stratfor.

According to International Business Times, the WikiLeaks emails show that Crites purchased a book from Stratfor called “The Next Decade,” as his name shows up in lists of buyers, all of which it appears were sent as email attachments and not in the email messages themselves.

Because buying a book is proof of…..I don’t know? Reading books?

Crites is a Hillary supporter.

He admitted to having voted for her.  He also claims he voted for down ticket Republicans. There are some Republicans who have said they won’t vote for Trump - some have even said they’d reluctantly vote for Hillary.  Obviously illegal or something…..

Via MicroTurkeyLeaks.

Yes because some dude on Twitter going by the handle MicroTurkeyLeaks who posts an image (with no links BTW) that no matter much I blow up, is still illegible and unreadable, is such a reliable source. Next up Gateway Pundit (the original source for this “article”) will be posting Tweets from skankhunt42.

So This Is How Liberty Dies, With Thunderous Applause

Offline Applewood

« Reply #132 on: November 07, 2016, 11:11:40 am »
This man's life will never be the same.  Threats and slander -- all because he attempted to assert his First Amendment rights. 

I shudder to think what Trump's most rabid supporters will do if Trump is elected.  Trump has already indicated he has no qualms about restrictions freedom of the press.  What other freedoms will he and his worshipers infringe upon for those he dislikes?

Mr. Crites had better watch his back.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #133 on: November 07, 2016, 11:14:21 am »
@Smokin Joe

My 40 Knuckle was pretty quick off the line and top end.
I'd have to change some things on the shovelhead to get more top end. Best I have been able to get is about 120, on the road. Considering there are bikes out there getting clocked at 200, that just isn't that fast.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #134 on: November 07, 2016, 11:28:54 am »
I'd have to change some things on the shovelhead to get more top end. Best I have been able to get is about 120, on the road. Considering there are bikes out there getting clocked at 200, that just isn't that fast.
@Smokin Joe

Well,there is "Road Bike Fast",and there is "Race Bike Fast". Anybody that tells you that you have have both in the same bike is either lying or doesn't understand what they are talking about. Any motorcycle that will hit 200 MPH is NOT a road bike. It is a bike that can be ridden on the road occasionally in certain circumstances.

It is possible to have a road bike that will hit speeds of 130-140 MPH or so and still be "tame enough" you can ride it back and forth to work in city traffic,or get out and ride and enjoy riding it from San Diego to Miami.  That's the one I want. What good is a road bike you can't hit the road with?

BTW,there ain't no such thing as a fast dresser. Garbage trucks are always slow.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2016, 11:29:52 am by sneakypete »

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #135 on: November 07, 2016, 11:36:26 am »
@Smokin Joe

Well,there is "Road Bike Fast",and there is "Race Bike Fast". Anybody that tells you that you have have both in the same bike is either lying or doesn't understand what they are talking about. Any motorcycle that will hit 200 MPH is NOT a road bike. It is a bike that can be ridden on the road occasionally in certain circumstances.

It is possible to have a road bike that will hit speeds of 130-140 MPH or so and still be "tame enough" you can ride it back and forth to work in city traffic,or get out and ride and enjoy riding it from San Diego to Miami.  That's the one I want. What good is a road bike you can't hit the road with?

BTW,there ain't no such thing as a fast dresser. Garbage trucks are always slow.
Definitely not a bagger, although I had thought seriously about getting one and had a deal in the works when the oil company I was working for laid down one rig too many.

I'm getting to the point where I like things built more for comfort, and not so much for speed.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #136 on: November 07, 2016, 12:20:40 pm »
Definitely not a bagger, although I had thought seriously about getting one and had a deal in the works when the oil company I was working for laid down one rig too many.

I'm getting to the point where I like things built more for comfort, and not so much for speed.

@Smokin Joe

I have always been of the opinion that above all,you HAVE to be able to ride and enjoy them on a daily basis if you are able.

Never understood the philosophy behind owning garage queens. All you can do is look at them and polish them. I guess it's ok if that is what you enjoy,but I just don't get it. I've ridden nothing but Harley's since selling by Triumph Bonneville with TT cams and pistons in 1969,but sadly it seems to me that most Harley riders these days put most of the miles on their bikes while the bikes are on trailers being pulled by their 60 grand SUV's. The Harley's are more of a item of designer clothing to be used to draw attention to the owner as they ride at a stately 15 mph down a city street or in a park than an actual motorcycle to be ridden on the road.  I even had one of these dweebs try to talk down to me last week,and he doesn't even own one. He's big into those "Veteran Ride Events" even though he's not a veteran,and he told me he just rents a dresser to ride. He does own the leather Harley Vest he wears with all the ride pins on it,though. He told me he hauls the bike to the events on a trailer because "I like to be comfortable".

THIS is what passes for a biker these days.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #137 on: November 07, 2016, 12:25:29 pm »

BTW,my knuckle,with the rigid frame,3/4 rake,and 15 over springer and dragbars on laid back dogbones was one of the most comfortable bikes I ever owned. Yeah,I had to run the rear tire a little soft if racking up the miles on the open road,but it tracked like it was on rails and I had instant feedback on everything that was happening.

I know who stole it in 1976,and I still haven't forgotten him. If I see him even today,he is in a heap of trouble if there are no witnesses around.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #138 on: November 07, 2016, 01:08:30 pm »
@Neverdul

The SS doesn’t release someone who has attempted an assignation or may pose a future risk.

Release them? Hell, they are protecting 3 of the biggest ones in the country right now. Children of the world beware!
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #139 on: November 07, 2016, 01:08:50 pm »
Brother With Misspelled Name Also Voting From His Address
OMGWT#BBQ!!1
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #140 on: November 07, 2016, 01:15:04 pm »
@Smokin Joe

I have always been of the opinion that above all,you HAVE to be able to ride and enjoy them on a daily basis if you are able.

Never understood the philosophy behind owning garage queens. All you can do is look at them and polish them. I guess it's ok if that is what you enjoy,but I just don't get it. I've ridden nothing but Harley's since selling by Triumph Bonneville with TT cams and pistons in 1969,but sadly it seems to me that most Harley riders these days put most of the miles on their bikes while the bikes are on trailers being pulled by their 60 grand SUV's. The Harley's are more of a item of designer clothing to be used to draw attention to the owner as they ride at a stately 15 mph down a city street or in a park than an actual motorcycle to be ridden on the road.  I even had one of these dweebs try to talk down to me last week,and he doesn't even own one. He's big into those "Veteran Ride Events" even though he's not a veteran,and he told me he just rents a dresser to ride. He does own the leather Harley Vest he wears with all the ride pins on it,though. He told me he hauls the bike to the events on a trailer because "I like to be comfortable".

THIS is what passes for a biker these days.
I was camping in Spearfish City Park during the Sturgis 50th back in 1990, in a thirty dollar tent that rode down across the handlebars of my Superglide, when a massive land yacht came in pulling a huge trailer with seven bikes on it. I thought "I wonder where these people came from?" and out of curiosity wandered a little closer to catch a glimpse of the license plates....
South Dakota
> spit! < "Stay home and polish it!"
Mine is an 80 inch shovel in an old Drag Specialties frame, 6 over tubes in front, low to  the ground, with PMI brakes and a rubberband primary (primo 3 inch belt, no guard). I had enough of springers on 45's, just didn't like 'em, to each their own. I like a girder better, but the geometry change going around a hard turn takes some getting used to. The only disadvantage to not running a guard on the belt is that it tends to fill my left boot with water if it's raining (forward pegs/controls).
I have ridden when I scraped the frost off the saddle, in all day downpours, in hail, in water deep enough the exhaust burbled like an inboard boat, been down going forwards and backwards, and rode 50 miles holding a fat bob with a broken bracket with my knee and a bungee cord, among other minor adventures. While I haven't ridden near as much in the last few years, that kick start only 80 inch with the mag and battery eliminator is rougher on my knee than it used to be. One of these days I'm going to get a ride with the magic button you push to start the bike.
For a while, there was no way to ride it around here with 2 out of 3 vehicles on the road semis and the bike so low the front pipe drags on a right turn. If you can't maneuver hard in that environment, someone is going to be washing you out from in between the drivers.
But my leathers are put up for the day when I get that bike back up (now that the traffic is down). I have a few more 'In memory of ...' patches to sew on, if I can find room, and I'm not parading around like I'm Willie G. My AMA number is old enough they gave me a life membership, 27 years in the MRF, and I'm an ABATE lifer, too, and past District Rep.

It's kinda funny how we used to look at the scruffy poor kid wannabes who would wear Harley t-shirts and chip in for a rice burner they'd share and call themselves "bikers" even if the community motorcycle didn't run. At least they had heart, some of them. Some of those kids actually made the grade, got a decent job and bought a bike. Some we even helped along the way.

Some of us recall when you could buy a basket case 45 for a couple of hundred bucks and have a bike in a year of work and horsetrading for parts, but those days are long gone if you aren't phenomenally lucky and old school to boot.

But there is, as you said, a different breed out there, drugstore cowboys on rented rides with all the 'right' pins and patches and designer leathers who are more about appearances and impressing each other at the party than the ride, and who don't so much have the heart and soul of a biker, only the trimmings.

C S Lewis

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #141 on: November 07, 2016, 01:21:19 pm »
This just smells like a fascist move to me.   Those who are students of history will recall the Reichstag fire - a patsy set up in order to enrage the populace.   Three days before the election,  a false cry of "Gun!"  causes the Secret Service to hustle Trump out of the arena,  and Trump's kid crows the next day that Trump faced an "assassination attempt".   

Convince me otherwise that this wasn't a move planned to energize Trump's supporters.   If that's not a fascist move, then it's at least a WWF move - minutes after Trump was taken offstage he returned to crow that "no one said it's going to be easy".   Perhaps one of Roger Stone's tricks?   
« Last Edit: November 07, 2016, 01:21:48 pm by Jazzhead »
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #142 on: November 07, 2016, 01:34:43 pm »
This just smells like a fascist move to me.   Those who are students of history will recall the Reichstag fire - a patsy set up in order to enrage the populace.   Three days before the election,  a false cry of "Gun!"  causes the Secret Service to hustle Trump out of the arena,  and Trump's kid crows the next day that Trump faced an "assassination attempt".   

Convince me otherwise that this wasn't a move planned to energize Trump's supporters.   If that's not a fascist move, then it's at least a WWF move - minutes after Trump was taken offstage he returned to crow that "no one said it's going to be easy".   Perhaps one of Roger Stone's tricks?
Likely to be used as 'justification' for any gun control provided he wins, even though no gun was involved. Hey, they did it with the Oklahoma City Bombing.

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #143 on: November 07, 2016, 01:47:56 pm »
@Neverdul

Release them? Hell, they are protecting 3 of the biggest ones in the country right now. Children of the world beware!

@bigheadfred

Excellent observation!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #144 on: November 07, 2016, 02:10:12 pm »
I was camping in Spearfish City Park during the Sturgis 50th back in 1990, in a thirty dollar tent that rode down across the handlebars of my Superglide, when a massive land yacht came in pulling a huge trailer with seven bikes on it. I thought "I wonder where these people came from?" and out of curiosity wandered a little closer to catch a glimpse of the license plates....
South Dakota
> spit! < "Stay home and polish it!"
Mine is an 80 inch shovel in an old Drag Specialties frame, 6 over tubes in front, low to  the ground, with PMI brakes and a rubberband primary (primo 3 inch belt, no guard). I had enough of springers on 45's, just didn't like 'em, to each their own. I like a girder better, but the geometry change going around a hard turn takes some getting used to. The only disadvantage to not running a guard on the belt is that it tends to fill my left boot with water if it's raining (forward pegs/controls).
I have ridden when I scraped the frost off the saddle, in all day downpours, in hail, in water deep enough the exhaust burbled like an inboard boat, been down going forwards and backwards, and rode 50 miles holding a fat bob with a broken bracket with my knee and a bungee cord, among other minor adventures. While I haven't ridden near as much in the last few years, that kick start only 80 inch with the mag and battery eliminator is rougher on my knee than it used to be. One of these days I'm going to get a ride with the magic button you push to start the bike.
For a while, there was no way to ride it around here with 2 out of 3 vehicles on the road semis and the bike so low the front pipe drags on a right turn. If you can't maneuver hard in that environment, someone is going to be washing you out from in between the drivers.
But my leathers are put up for the day when I get that bike back up (now that the traffic is down). I have a few more 'In memory of ...' patches to sew on, if I can find room, and I'm not parading around like I'm Willie G. My AMA number is old enough they gave me a life membership, 27 years in the MRF, and I'm an ABATE lifer, too, and past District Rep.

It's kinda funny how we used to look at the scruffy poor kid wannabes who would wear Harley t-shirts and chip in for a rice burner they'd share and call themselves "bikers" even if the community motorcycle didn't run. At least they had heart, some of them. Some of those kids actually made the grade, got a decent job and bought a bike. Some we even helped along the way.

Some of us recall when you could buy a basket case 45 for a couple of hundred bucks and have a bike in a year of work and horsetrading for parts, but those days are long gone if you aren't phenomenally lucky and old school to boot.

But there is, as you said, a different breed out there, drugstore cowboys on rented rides with all the 'right' pins and patches and designer leathers who are more about appearances and impressing each other at the party than the ride, and who don't so much have the heart and soul of a biker, only the trimmings.

I paid $200 bucks for my first Harley. A 52 panhead that I bought when I got back from VN and rode 40 miles to get back to where I was living. The previous owner had welded 50 cal ammo cans to the rear to use as saddlebags. You probably won't be surprised to learn he was a farmer.

The 40 knuckle I bought in boxes,minus minor parts like the frame and front end for 150 bucks in 70. I bought it from another farmer that had sold the frame and front end to the guy who told me about the other parts. I found out years later that the bike had been bought new by one of my uncle's in 1940,and I now  have a photo of my mother sitting on it when she was 17,wearing a "Marlon Brando" bikers hat with the white plastic tab over the top you could swing down under your chin to keep the wind from blowing the hat off. Since I was adopted and never met anyone from my birth family until the early 90's,that picture gave me a unexpected connection to the mother who died before I ever got a chance to know her. My uncle is dead now,also. He was the only one from my birth family that would even visit  me or invite me to visit  him,and they didn't even tell me he had died so I could go to the funeral.

I sold it to my best friend who I had build a show-winning pan for in 1976 to get the money to go to school,and the SOB not only never paid me,he kept the bike and moved to unknown parts with it.  I came back home in 1978 looking for it and him,and even went to his mother's house in another state to look for it. She recognized me when I pulled into the driveway and told me "I know you are here looking for your motorcycle. Doug isn't here and neither is the motorcycle,but you are free to look through the entire house if you want if that is what it will take to satisfy you. I have no idea where he is,but if he ever calls or writes I will tell  him you were here looking for it and that you want it back."

I told her to tell him that the next time I saw  him he would either be giving it back to me or I would shoot him in both kneecaps and walk away. She said she would.  I have yet to hear from him,and since he was at least 15 years older than me,chances are he has been dead for years.

I eventually ended up with another homebuilt bike I rode year around in Denver for a while. Mostly because I was still going to school and couldn't afford to buy a car. It had a lowered 1958 swing arm frame (no serial number),half-inch rake,and IIRC,6 over Sportster tubes with buckhorn bars. Shovel engine with 1-3/4 S&S drag carb,Sifton 468s cam,and a extra clutch plate in the pack,running drag pipes. It even had electric start,although I was drinking so much at the time I cut about 6 inches out of the hot wire going to the starter one night,figuring that if I was sober enough to kick start it in the thin Denver air in winter without flooding it I was sober enough to ride it. This was right after running into the wall of the liquor store one night in a snowstorm while trying to get there before they closed because I was running out of whiskey.  The thing about that was it was easy to flood the engine with that carb and cam in that thin air,and no matter how freaking cold it was,you would be down to your drawers and boots  before you ever kicked it over enough to clean it out so it would start. By that time I would be sober,puking, and ready to go back in the house and go to bed. Don't ask me how I know this.

My current bike is a 76 FLH custom Fat Bob. No windshield or fairing,buckhorn bars,and painted ice blue over pearl with gold stripes. I have the small fiberglass bags on it,and used to ride it 100 miles a day back and forth to work.  it was kinda a dog when I first got it with the Jap carb,but I put a 1-3/4 inch SS drag carb on it with a Sifton 468 cam,and that really woke that baby UP! Before the carb and cam change I would go to pass a bus that had been stopped,and the damn thing would just lean out and die before it ever got wound up. After the cam and carb change it would pull that big dresser front end off the ground when I hit second gear!

Owned it since 1980,but haven't ridden it since 1985 or so. Back got so bad that the last two times I left home on it both me and the bike had to come back home on a rollback because I couldn't raise my leg up high enough to get on it.  Had it for sale right after that for $3500 and it still had tags on it and you could have ridden it home,but the most anybody wanted to offer me was $1200 bucks,so I ran them off and quit trying to sell it. It's paid for,it doesn't eat anything,and I don't need the money so it can sit right there as far as I am concerned.

I guess that makes me a wannabe now.

« Last Edit: November 07, 2016, 02:20:42 pm by sneakypete »

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #145 on: November 07, 2016, 03:36:48 pm »
I paid $200 bucks for my first Harley. A 52 panhead that I bought when I got back from VN and rode 40 miles to get back to where I was living. The previous owner had welded 50 cal ammo cans to the rear to use as saddlebags. You probably won't be surprised to learn he was a farmer.

The 40 knuckle I bought in boxes,minus minor parts like the frame and front end for 150 bucks in 70. I bought it from another farmer that had sold the frame and front end to the guy who told me about the other parts. I found out years later that the bike had been bought new by one of my uncle's in 1940,and I now  have a photo of my mother sitting on it when she was 17,wearing a "Marlon Brando" bikers hat with the white plastic tab over the top you could swing down under your chin to keep the wind from blowing the hat off. Since I was adopted and never met anyone from my birth family until the early 90's,that picture gave me a unexpected connection to the mother who died before I ever got a chance to know her. My uncle is dead now,also. He was the only one from my birth family that would even visit  me or invite me to visit  him,and they didn't even tell me he had died so I could go to the funeral.

I sold it to my best friend who I had build a show-winning pan for in 1976 to get the money to go to school,and the SOB not only never paid me,he kept the bike and moved to unknown parts with it.  I came back home in 1978 looking for it and him,and even went to his mother's house in another state to look for it. She recognized me when I pulled into the driveway and told me "I know you are here looking for your motorcycle. Doug isn't here and neither is the motorcycle,but you are free to look through the entire house if you want if that is what it will take to satisfy you. I have no idea where he is,but if he ever calls or writes I will tell  him you were here looking for it and that you want it back."

I told her to tell him that the next time I saw  him he would either be giving it back to me or I would shoot him in both kneecaps and walk away. She said she would.  I have yet to hear from him,and since he was at least 15 years older than me,chances are he has been dead for years.

I eventually ended up with another homebuilt bike I rode year around in Denver for a while. Mostly because I was still going to school and couldn't afford to buy a car. It had a lowered 1958 swing arm frame (no serial number),half-inch rake,and IIRC,6 over Sportster tubes with buckhorn bars. Shovel engine with 1-3/4 S&S drag carb,Sifton 468s cam,and a extra clutch plate in the pack,running drag pipes. It even had electric start,although I was drinking so much at the time I cut about 6 inches out of the hot wire going to the starter one night,figuring that if I was sober enough to kick start it in the thin Denver air in winter without flooding it I was sober enough to ride it. This was right after running into the wall of the liquor store one night in a snowstorm while trying to get there before they closed because I was running out of whiskey.  The thing about that was it was easy to flood the engine with that carb and cam in that thin air,and no matter how freaking cold it was,you would be down to your drawers and boots  before you ever kicked it over enough to clean it out so it would start. By that time I would be sober,puking, and ready to go back in the house and go to bed. Don't ask me how I know this.

My current bike is a 76 FLH custom Fat Bob. No windshield or fairing,buckhorn bars,and painted ice blue over pearl with gold stripes. I have the small fiberglass bags on it,and used to ride it 100 miles a day back and forth to work.  it was kinda a dog when I first got it with the Jap carb,but I put a 1-3/4 inch SS drag carb on it with a Sifton 468 cam,and that really woke that baby UP! Before the carb and cam change I would go to pass a bus that had been stopped,and the damn thing would just lean out and die before it ever got wound up. After the cam and carb change it would pull that big dresser front end off the ground when I hit second gear!

Owned it since 1980,but haven't ridden it since 1985 or so. Back got so bad that the last two times I left home on it both me and the bike had to come back home on a rollback because I couldn't raise my leg up high enough to get on it.  Had it for sale right after that for $3500 and it still had tags on it and you could have ridden it home,but the most anybody wanted to offer me was $1200 bucks,so I ran them off and quit trying to sell it. It's paid for,it doesn't eat anything,and I don't need the money so it can sit right there as far as I am concerned.

I guess that makes me a wannabe now.
Nah, not even close to wannabe. We're 'been there done that' types.

Mine is sitting for now, too, will need new cases before long (cracks developing at the motor mounts). I have an old Honda I could get up quick after an engine swap (got an engine for it, well the whole parts bike, for a song, wrecked) but haven't put it in. I have a grandson hitting 14 soon and he might be interested. He has to toughen up a mite, though, and a good place to start is regrowing skin on knuclkles (skin lost to wrenching, not fighting nowadays--he'd end up in juvie for that the way things are). They're old 550 4s a '73 and a '74, I rode the '74 for a while after the ex sold my bike while I was out of town, just before the divorce.

Six over tubes, lowering blocks in back, and a harley rim I laced onto the stock hub.  It sits nice and is comfortable, and well balanced, despite being a rice ride. I'll have to put a front brake on it because that back drum brake wouldn't stop a matchbox car, and if you aren't real good at downshifting, you won't get it shut down. It's vintage enough he shouldn't catch much crap, and with no baffles in the pipes will drown out even the new stereos on the baggers nowadays. (I never had any electronics that weren't ignition parts, and most of the bikes I have had had no electric turn signals either). It even has a 'magic button', even though I never used it.

I'll get back in the wind, just have been too busy keeping food on the table for the tribe.

C S Lewis

Wingnut

« Reply #146 on: November 07, 2016, 03:44:36 pm »
 :threadjack:

Offline Smokin Joe

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #148 on: November 07, 2016, 07:15:42 pm »

Six over tubes, lowering blocks in back, and a harley rim I laced onto the stock hub.  It sits nice and is comfortable, and well balanced, despite being a rice ride.

My first "chopper" was a 450 Honda on Okinawa in 1966. Rigid frame,305 gas tanks,sissy bar,drag bars,deep,deep black,with lots of chrome. Right up to that time I had been into stock street bikes and race bikes. Started out with a 250 or 305 Honda Dream on Okie,but it didn't take me long to figure out it sucked as a motocross bike,so I sold it and bought a 305 "Scrambler" Honda. Then the Triumph dealer started importing Bultaco's,and that was the end of winning scramble races with a Jap bike. They weighed less than half,had probably twice the suspension travel,wound out quicker,and had 5 or 6 speed transmissions.

So I bought a Ducati and went flat track racing. TALK ABOUT ADRENALINE! YIKES!  Going into a 2 wheel drift at 40-50 mph while going around a 180 turn and then pulling a wheelie to get your front wheel straight so you can blast down the straightaway is a rush you just can't believe unless you have done it yourself. That is also how I got my brain concussion and several months of amnesia. There is a price to be paid for everything. Before I crashed it,there was nothing on Okie that could stay in the same lap as me after a few laps. That damn Ducatic would PULL! After crashing it I bought a Triumph Bonneville 650 cc with TT cams and pistons. It would freaking FLY,but there was no where on Okinawa to run it unless I wanted to go out to the airport at Yamitan and pass small planes taking off from the runway there. Kinda pissed off a few people,but they couldn't catch me,so screw them.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #149 on: November 07, 2016, 07:33:57 pm »
My first "chopper" was a 450 Honda on Okinawa in 1966. Rigid frame,305 gas tanks,sissy bar,drag bars,deep,deep black,with lots of chrome. Right up to that time I had been into stock street bikes and race bikes. Started out with a 250 or 305 Honda Dream on Okie,but it didn't take me long to figure out it sucked as a motocross bike,so I sold it and bought a 305 "Scrambler" Honda. Then the Triumph dealer started importing Bultaco's,and that was the end of winning scramble races with a Jap bike. They weighed less than half,had probably twice the suspension travel,wound out quicker,and had 5 or 6 speed transmissions.

So I bought a Ducati and went flat track racing. TALK ABOUT ADRENALINE! YIKES!  Going into a 2 wheel drift at 40-50 mph while going around a 180 turn and then pulling a wheelie to get your front wheel straight so you can blast down the straightaway is a rush you just can't believe unless you have done it yourself. That is also how I got my brain concussion and several months of amnesia. There is a price to be paid for everything. Before I crashed it,there was nothing on Okie that could stay in the same lap as me after a few laps. That damn Ducatic would PULL! After crashing it I bought a Triumph Bonneville 650 cc with TT cams and pistons. It would freaking FLY,but there was no where on Okinawa to run it unless I wanted to go out to the airport at Yamitan and pass small planes taking off from the runway there. Kinda pissed off a few people,but they couldn't catch me,so screw them.
I never did dirt, at least intentionally. I got run off the road a couple of times, and managed to stay up...and not get strung up in a barbed wire fence. I might have been good at it, 'cause I seem to be able to read banks, dirt, and the line through some place even on inappropriate equipment.  I farted around on four wheels for a few years, but nothing official, and only a miracle I never got caught.
I had a friend's BMW out one night, just because I was told I should try it out. I went through two gears before I realized that having the front wheel on the pavement would probably make steering easier. I was favorably impressed with that. My brief foray into British bikes was a Norton Commando project that didn't quite get done before it got traded off...I never rode it. Should have kept it the way those have gone up.

Smallest ride was a Harley M-50 (actually Italian made). Imagine 6', 240 lbs riding one of those (it was for a parade) making all of 30 with a brisk tailwind trying to catch up with the rest of the bikes on the way to the staging area...Monkeys and footballs come to mind....

C S Lewis