Author Topic: Trump just rushed off stage after apparent assassination attempt?  (Read 13922 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: Trump just rushed off stage after apparent assassination attempt?
« Reply #75 on: November 06, 2016, 03:32:25 am »
I for one am thankful that this is all that happened...I would hate to see anyone killed or hurt.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline corbe

« Reply #76 on: November 06, 2016, 03:33:21 am »
            This guy finished his speech with the bullet still in him.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #77 on: November 06, 2016, 03:36:32 am »
The only way to stop a bad guy with a sign is a good guy with a sign.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #78 on: November 06, 2016, 03:39:48 am »
Twitter also said "Hillary ran away from rain today.  Trump is back on stage minutes after assassination attempt."

If it's on twitter, does that make it true?

Just asking a question. I'm not following the story on TV or anything. Calm down.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #79 on: November 06, 2016, 03:40:40 am »
TWITTERPATED.

Oceander

« Reply #80 on: November 06, 2016, 03:41:15 am »

Just asking a question. I'm not following the story on TV or anything. Calm down.

@Weird Tolkienish Figure
My apologies.  I overreacted to your post.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #81 on: November 06, 2016, 03:47:54 am »
You shouda seen all those SS guys when Carter came out here to dedicate the Hungry Horse Dam.
Every single vehicle was a pickup truck (driven by a Conservative, generally), and every single pickup truck had at least two rifles in the gun-rack in the back window.

Security liked to have sh*t bricks. Tried to shove parking back out of range... But this is Montana, and there was big iron hanging in the rack - Needlessly push the parking back what, two miles, and there ain't anybody wants to walk in, and there goes the photo op... Finally just let it be. Went off without a hitch - guns and all.

Different times.
Saner times.

Offline montanajoe

« Reply #82 on: November 06, 2016, 04:12:42 am »
You shouda seen all those SS guys when Carter came out here to dedicate the Hungry Horse Dam.
Every single vehicle was a pickup truck (driven by a Conservative, generally), and every single pickup truck had at least two rifles in the gun-rack in the back window.

Security liked to have sh*t bricks. Tried to shove parking back out of range... But this is Montana, and there was big iron hanging in the rack - Needlessly push the parking back what, two miles, and there ain't anybody wants to walk in, and there goes the photo op... Finally just let it be. Went off without a hitch - guns and all.

Different times.
Saner times.

Yep can you imagine the carnage in that arena tonight if those folks were armed? Sad to think what they will do to the 2A if given the chance...

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #83 on: November 06, 2016, 04:13:52 am »
Secret Service doesn't mess around.

Here is the thing, no matter what you think of the person, an attack on the President (or a candidate) is an attack on the US. Not saying it was a true attempt versus a scare, I have no clue. But we are not a third world despot nation where we swap out leaders through lead or rope. We have a Constitutional system to deal with these things.

Hopefully it was just a scare.

Well said.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #84 on: November 06, 2016, 04:19:01 am »
Yeah because we know eyewitness reports are always accurate.

And CNN would never EEEVER run with a story before they had all the facts.

I wonder who Trump will take to Twitter and blame for this?
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #85 on: November 06, 2016, 04:38:17 am »
And CNN would never EEEVER run with a story before they had all the facts.

I wonder who Trump will take to Twitter and blame for this?

Well, if he runs true to form he'll manage to put both feet in his mouth in a truly spectacular fashion.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #86 on: November 06, 2016, 04:49:04 am »
Benjamin Margiott
‏@BenMargiott
Just interviewed the man who was detained. He is a Republican who was holding a Republicans for Trump sign. I'll have details on @KRNV at 11

November 5:  The day Donald Trump survived a sign.

He's battle tested like Hitlery was tested by the snipers in Bosnia.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #87 on: November 06, 2016, 04:49:14 am »
The guy with the sign was identified. He posted this on Facebook.

Offline ABX

« Reply #88 on: November 06, 2016, 04:51:19 am »
More info on Crites.
http://heavy.com/news/2016/11/austyn-crites-donald-trump-reno-nevada-polls-rally-austin-protester-video-rushed-off-stage-secret-service-republican-democrat-dnc-hillary-clinton-plant-allegations/

Registered Republican but Hillary supporter. Had sign that said Republicans Against Trump. Said the police actually saved him from the audience.

Offline ABX

« Reply #89 on: November 06, 2016, 04:52:58 am »
Paul Lewis @PaulLewis
Austin told me he was punched, kicked. Someone grabbed his testicles and he his neck was in a chokehold. He said he feared for his life.

Paul Lewis

@PaulLewis

He says he's a Republican. He said he was terrified by how the crowd responded: "I was in survival mode. I knew I could die at that moment."

Offline Meshuge Mikey

• Master of Visual Propaganda
« Reply #90 on: November 06, 2016, 04:53:22 am »
that was some sloppy wooden DRAMA!   

badly choreographed,,... badly scripted....wooednly acted!

no one who knows SPIT would have taken him across the STAGE,,,,so as to remain in the lien of any possible  FIRE 

bad fiction YUGELY bad FICTION!!

real security pros would have taken him to the FLOOR  out os SIGHT..and out of the line fire IMMEDIATELY!!

the SUNDAY MORNING TALK SHOWS will have the TRUMP BRAND ON all day tomorrow!!!
Have Indentified as a Male since birth!

Offline ABX

« Reply #91 on: November 06, 2016, 04:54:01 am »
Crites told NBC16 “When I pulled out the sign, people around me were trying to grab the sign. And so all that was occurring was booing, of course, that’s what you would expect.” He told the TV station the situation suddenly escalated: “…bam, I get tackled by all these people who were just, like, kicking me and grabbing me in the crotch and just, just beating the crap out of me.” Them, he said, somebody yelled about a gun and “things really got out of hand.”

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #92 on: November 06, 2016, 05:01:19 am »
While we all know the Trump militant are thirsty for blood and vengeance under the promises of payback and retribution - I am not STUPID ENOUGH to go to a Hillary rally with a sign saying "Arrest the traitor!"

Going to a Trump rally to protest Trump is as stupid as one gets, I don't care what party you come from.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Meshuge Mikey

• Master of Visual Propaganda
« Reply #93 on: November 06, 2016, 05:10:28 am »
While we all know the Trump militant are thirsty for blood and vengeance under the promises of payback and retribution - I am not STUPID ENOUGH to go to a Hillary rally with a sign saying "Arrest the traitor!"

Going to a Trump rally to protest Trump is as stupid as one gets, I don't care what party you come from.

the donny wants us to believe that an attack was imminent!  it makes for BIGLY TV!!  BIGLY TV which is after what his entire campaign has been  about!!

Have Indentified as a Male since birth!

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #94 on: November 06, 2016, 05:30:27 am »
It was not an assassination attempt.

Glenn Thrush ‏@GlennThrush  13m13 minutes ago
Thank god Trump is okay. Hopefully he'll tamp down the negativity and discourage confrontation at his events by singling out reporters etc

I agree ... some guy in a blue sweater was arrested by secret service but I think he just shouted stuff.  And I don't thank God that he is okay.  There are people on my prayer list far more worthy of God's protection.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #95 on: November 06, 2016, 05:33:45 am »
Thanks RIV for posting this....apparently some here have forgotten how Bobby Kennedy died.

Mystery... I don't think anyone has forgotten that but this guy was no real threat apparently.  He didn't have a gun or any way to actually do harm to Trump.  Maybe we'll find out more later.

Any sort of physical threat to a politician is wrong, wrong, wrong.  We are not a third world country.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #96 on: November 06, 2016, 05:39:12 am »
Benjamin Margiott
‏@BenMargiott
Just interviewed the man who was detained. He is a Republican who was holding a Republicans for Trump sign. I'll have details on @KRNV at 11

November 5:  The day Donald Trump survived a sign.

A date that will go down in infamy. 

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #97 on: November 06, 2016, 05:40:24 am »
We can't be too careful here.

Michele Fields tried to get him with a pen bomb once.

I had forgotten that.  It was only due to the heroics of that Cory person that Trump escaped an ink stain on that expensive suit.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #98 on: November 06, 2016, 06:10:49 am »
For being such an overall snot, Donald doesn't seem to be all that brave.

Ever met a brave bully? I haven't.  :tongue2:
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #99 on: November 06, 2016, 08:17:47 am »
It is hard for me to say.  I haven't known a lot of bullies.  ...

I've known more than quite a few. They all operate much the same way.

I was the smallest kid in school until I was a Senior in High School.  All through grade school and Jr. High, every other day I found myself getting my head punched in, ambushed, lunch and books stolen, simply because I was the smallest kid.  I didn't talk much - never started any trouble, but I refused from an early age to give in to threats.  I would never just hand over my lunch money, or step out of line to let the bullies get in front.   So I took a beating. Lots of them.  Almost always from more than one at a time - and the older bigger ones would put up their younger proteges to do the deeds.  My parents were pacifists and otherwise did not care, as long as they were not bothered.  I was on my own to fend for myself.  And back then, snitching and crying to the principal was the worst thing someone could do for shame's sake.

In 7th grade I signed up for Tae Kwon Do class taught by a marine at a local church basement twice a week after school.  He was a good instructor - and put the fear of using our training for anything other than self defense at the forefront of every lesson.  I began to enjoy the science of fighting and combat and I began a lifelong pursuit and study of those arts.  After we had moved I found a Dojang teaching the same style I began with by a Korean master.  He too made it very clear that if he ever heard of a school fight being fought by one of us that we could not walk away from or talk ourselves out of - he would put us on the mat and put us in our place himself.

I never let myself use my training until I was a Jr. in High School - I continued to allow myself to get shoved around, books knocked out of my hands and the occasional threat of a scheduled fight simply because I would stare someone down trying to bully me or someone else.  I never had to say anything - just stare them down and refuse to look down or look afraid.  That was often enough for them to ignore me or forget they issued a fight date that afternoon after school.

But one day - one big fella who was the ultimate high school bully and burn out - decided to follow up on a threat made in a bathroom after insulting my genitals (because pee-pee insults are the hallmark of confident masculinity I guess)  whereby I asked him how he could know unless he was looking.  He did not like that lack of 'respect'.  So he told me he would be waiting for me after school.  And that day - he and more than half the student body were indeed waiting for me at the front of the school.  I tried to walk way - suffered the calls of 'chicken' and took the first shove and then the first hit which busted my often busted schnoz. After that - my training went to work, and I really hurt that guy.  Sparring with pads on a mat is one thing.  Street fighting is another.  I ended up balling my eyeballs out in front of the whole group of classmates out there when the fight was over - and the dean had me look at what I did to the guy.  I felt horrible.  People thought I was nuts - to fight a guy who started a fight and end up crying about it.

But then I learned something afterwards - for that was the first and last time at high school, anyone ever picked on me again.  I was given some space, and made a few friends who had their own run-ins with the bully in the past.    I learned that most of those years of being a victim was because I was the one who let people push me around - because I never stood up for what was right.  Often you telegraph to people how much abuse you are willing to take.

There are lots of bullies out there.  But I do not suffer or tolerate one anymore.  Bullies do what they do because they get away with it often without consequences.  I do not let them get away with it.  I may lose a fight - but they are going to hurt attempting to inflict what damage they think they can.  Most of the time they are covering up their own insecurities with stupid bravado.  Bullies generally are not brave.  Often they bully in packs or in front of crowds for attention.  But get them one on one, or pop them when they go too far - watch them threaten, intimidate and then demand safe spaces for themselves as we have been witness to lo these many months right here on this board.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775