Author Topic: ‘I’m With Her’: The Strengths of Hillary Clinton.....Nicholas Kristof  (Read 1143 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
‘I’m With Her’: The Strengths of Hillary Clinton

Nicholas Kristof NOV. 5, 2016

ONE of the great misperceptions of this political year, among many Democrats and Republicans alike, is that Hillary Clinton is a third-rate candidate with no core or convictions — oops, wrong word, but you get the point.

So in this last column before the election I want to pitch you the reasons to vote for Clinton and not just against Donald Trump.

I’ve known Clinton a bit for many years, and I have to say: The public perception of her seems to me a gross and inaccurate caricature. I don’t understand the venom, the “lock her up” chants, the assumption that she is a Lady Macbeth; it’s an echo of the animus a lifetime ago some felt for Eleanor Roosevelt.

(When Roosevelt spoke up for Japanese-Americans after Pearl Harbor, a letter in The Los Angeles Times thundered: “When she starts bemoaning the plight of the treacherous snakes we call Japanese (with apologies to all snakes), she has reached the point where she should be forced to retire from public life.” Strong women sometimes drive people nuts.)

more
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/06/opinion/sunday/im-with-her-the-strengths-of-hillary-clinton.html?ref=opinion
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline sinkspur

The Clintons have been money-hungry grifters for their entire political lives.  They left the White House and immediately began cashing in on their connections and political clout to milk as much cash as they could out of a supposedly-benevolent tax exempt organization.  They are greedy, duplicitous and corrupt and should never be allowed anywhere near the White House again. 

Unfortunately it looks like that's where she's headed.  Hopefully the GOP House can hold some of her more egregious efforts at bay.  If the Dems win the Senate,  there will be stalemate just as there was from 2012 to 2014.

This is what we get for nominating a moral degenerate to oppose her.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

The Clintons have been money-hungry grifters for their entire political lives.  They left the White House and immediately began cashing in on their connections and political clout to milk as much cash as they could out of a supposedly-benevolent tax exempt organization.  They are greedy, duplicitous and corrupt and should never be allowed anywhere near the White House again. 

Unfortunately it looks like that's where she's headed. 

And you will have helped.   :hands:

Offline sinkspur

And you will have helped.   :hands:

I voted for Evan McMullin in a state that Trump will carry.

You nominated the bastard.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

I voted for Evan McMullin in a state that Trump will carry.

You hitched your star to satan, Sink, and worked overtime to destroy Hillary's opposition candidate.  IF Hillary wins, neither you not preferring Trump as the GOP candidate or voting for McMullin in Texas will take you off the hook for the consequences of your year-long efforts.

Offline Frank Cannon

Any other GOP candidate would have defeated Hillary. 

And we know that how?

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
You hitched your star to satan, Sink

And so did you,  RIV.   Both candidate are rightly despised by a majority of voters.   You may think that your satan is less horrible than the other satan,  but the rest of us see the truth:  neither has any business being the next President.   

Gary Johnson says that "A wasted vote is a vote you don't believe in".    If you believe in your satan,  then solid.   But don't lay a guilt trip on the rest of us who aspire to something better.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide