Author Topic: David Brooks: Less Educated Will Vote For Trump No Matter What, "Going With Their Gene Pool"  (Read 5949 times)

Offline Lisbon1939

He would do better to say "less well-educated."

Offline aligncare

I was refuting David Brooks false assertion...not bragging. But, then again, you all knew that.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2016, 01:37:41 pm by aligncare »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@Lisbon1939

Yeah,but that wouldn't reflect the mindset of he and his social class. Anybody that didn't go to and graduate from one of the "7 sisters" and is a member of a "old line respected family" is a uneducated rube in their minds.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online andy58-in-nh

I have never seen that genuine affection....especially when you look at his hiring practices, his manufacturing practices, his stiffing workers, his conning of investors, trump u scam, and so on. There is nothing genuine in his attempts to rile up the working class that he actually cares for little about as proven by a lifetime of shafting them.

In spite of his obvious contradictions, I would judge Trump to be more "genuine" than Hillary Clinton, who has a 40-year trail of lies laid out behind her, like a snail's path on a sidewalk. Whether he'd make a better President is far different question.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Online andy58-in-nh

Brooks' words exemplify the upper-class Manhattanite contempt for the little people, the hoi polloi, those ants scurrying about on the streets beneath their luxury apartments.

You just know that he'd far rather have a drink with Hillary than with Trump, who at the very least pretends to respect the working class.  Only the libation of choice would not be beer, but perhaps a lightly-oaked Chardonnay from his personal wine cellar.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
In spite of his obvious contradictions, I would judge Trump to be more "genuine" than Hillary Clinton, who has a 40-year trail of lies laid out behind her, like a snail's path on a sidewalk. Whether he'd make a better President is far different question.

@andy58-in-nh @cuky

I have to disagree. Bubbette! has a 40+  year record behind her of being a cold-blooded self-centered absolute bitch.  The only time she has even tried to pretend to be anything different was when she first ran for President,and frankly,she just can't pull it off. She has nobody fooled,not even her most rabid supporters because they are people that would vote for a 3 day dead and rotting roadkill weasel if you ran it as a Dim and promised your voter base more "Free stuff".

Offline aligncare

Donald Trump has a paper trail of his acts of kindness, generosity and magnanimity. But, political operatives, politics can spin many false narrative's in a quest to defeat an opponent not of their liking.

Donald Trump is also capable and smart – his success hints at that – and he's genuine. He's got a 40 year history in the public eye, on TV, in the news, extensive bios written on him that supports my assertions.

But you all go on telling yourselves he's the devil if that helps get you through this election.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2016, 01:50:35 pm by aligncare »

Online andy58-in-nh

@andy58-in-nh @cuky

I have to disagree. Bubbette! has a 40+  year record behind her of being a cold-blooded self-centered absolute bitch.  The only time she has even tried to pretend to be anything different was when she first ran for President,and frankly,she just can't pull it off. She has nobody fooled,not even her most rabid supporters because they are people that would vote for a 3 day dead and rotting roadkill weasel if you ran it as a Dim and promised your voter base more "Free stuff".

Please read my post again. I am hardly arguing otherwise.

Wingnut

Donald Trump actually has a paper trail of his acts of kindness, generosity and magnanimity. But, political operatives, politics can spin many false narrative's in a quest to defeat an opponent not of their liking.

Donald Trump is also capable and smart – his success hints at that – and he's genuine. He's got a 40 year history in the public eye, on TV, in the news, extensive bios written on him that supports my assertions.

The facts show just the opposite.

But you go on telling yourself he's God if that helps get you through this election.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2016, 01:51:24 pm by Wingnut »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

Why has Trump done scores of interviews on Fox and virtually nowhere else the last two months? Because he’s not interested in winning over undecideds, independents, or swing voters — you know the sort of thing serious presidential candidates do. No, he’s reselling the same product to people who’ve already bought it so he can take the customers with him after the election.

BTW,this is in reply to your tag line,quoted above.

In MY opinion,the reason Trump has done the above is because he has never ran for public office before and is inexperienced,he is too arrogant to take the advise of the pros he pays to advise  him,and closely related to the arrogance is his massive ego makes it hard for him to accept that the political pros know more than he does about "selling a product",in this case a politician to the voting public.

What it all adds up to is that he really isn't very smart.

Then again,I prefer stupid to evil if those are my only two choices.

Offline sinkspur

Donald Trump has a paper trail of his acts of kindness, generosity and magnanimity. But, political operatives, politics can spin many false narrative's in a quest to defeat an opponent not of their liking.

But you all go on telling yourselves he's the devil if that helps get you through this election.

Trump is smart like a card shark is smart.  He knows how to con other people really well.

Persuasion?  Not good at that.

Trump is ignorant of the basic functioning of government, of the different branches, of the legislative process, of diplomacy.

He accomplishes through bullying, strong-arming, shaming, ridiculing, threatening. 

In the end, voters will pull the curtain and decide that they don't want a leader like that.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Lisbon1939

a lightly-oaked Chardonnay from his personal wine cellar.
My point is that Brooks knows we are all well-educated, only some are less so. "The poorly educated" was even worse.

Offline aligncare

The facts show just the opposite.

But you go on telling yourself he's God if that helps get you through this election.

Two sentences in response? And, not very cogent ones, either.

How many sheepskins did you say you had?

Offline aligncare

More false narratives.

The facts: Donald Trump has done every interview he's been asked to do, on every network, radio and TV, every paper, by every reporter that's requested an interview.

He routinely went into enemy territory (unfriendly interviewers), frequently, deliberately with the intent to get his message out, and he has had good success in defeating false narratives the mainstream media and NeverTrump spin. 888high58888

Get your facts straight, folks.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2016, 02:18:53 pm by aligncare »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Trump is smart like a card shark is smart.  He knows how to con other people really well.

Persuasion?  Not good at that.

Trump is ignorant of the basic functioning of government, of the different branches, of the legislative process, of diplomacy.

He accomplishes through bullying, strong-arming, shaming, ridiculing, threatening. 

In the end, voters will pull the curtain and decide that they don't want a leader like that.

Yup. I have no doubt you decided long ago to pull the curtain and vote for Hillary because she KNOWS how to work government.  She uses blackmail,threats,and all sorts of intimidation including the threat of government prosecution to do it,but she does know how it's done.

You must be SOOOO proud of supporting her!

Offline sinkspur

Re: David Brooks "Less Educated will vote for Trump, will stay with gene pool"
« Reply #41 on: November 06, 2016, 02:25:52 pm »
More false narratives.

The facts: Donald Trump has done every interview he's been asked to do, on every network, radio and TV, every paper, by every reporter that's requested an interview.

He routinely went into enemy territory (unfriendly interviewers), frequently, deliberately with the intent to get his message out, and he has had good success in defeating false narratives the mainstream media and NeverTrump spin. 888high58888

That is absolutely false and YOU KNOW IT!

Trump did NO interviews on MSNBC, CNN, ABC, or CBS from after the Convention until now.  That was HIS choice;  every one of those networks requested interviews.  His only interviews for three months (other than one with Stephanopolous last weekend where he dragged Melania along) have been with FOXNEWS.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2016, 02:29:33 pm by sinkspur »

Offline sinkspur

Yup. I have no doubt you decided long ago to pull the curtain and vote for Hillary because she KNOWS how to work government.  She uses blackmail,threats,and all sorts of intimidation including the threat of government prosecution to do it,but she does know how it's done.

You must be SOOOO proud of supporting her!

Read my signature below or have someone read it to you.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Read my signature below or have someone read it to you.

@sinkspur

Your claims are about as valid as Bubbette!'s.

Online andy58-in-nh

BTW,this is in reply to your tag line,quoted above.

In MY opinion,the reason Trump has done the above is because he has never ran for public office before and is inexperienced,he is too arrogant to take the advise of the pros he pays to advise  him,and closely related to the arrogance is his massive ego makes it hard for him to accept that the political pros know more than he does about "selling a product",in this case a politician to the voting public.

What it all adds up to is that he really isn't very smart.

Then again,I prefer stupid to evil if those are my only two choices.
I appreciate the clarification.

I think Trump is not overly intelligent, to be sure, but he is clever in a manipulative way. He has an entertainer's knack for drawing attention to himself and also by appealing to emotions. Those are not qualities I would seek in a President.

On the other hand, I don't think he is utterly devoid of virtue or soulless, in the way that I believe Hillary is. The character of one is somewhat better than the other, but both are deeply flawed.

Offline aligncare

Another false narrative.

Donald Trump was chosen to head the apprentice show because the producers were looking for a successful businessman to take on that role.

But, before Donald Trump became just "a reality star," he was, and continued to be, one of the most well known and successful real estate developers in the world. That's why he was selected to do the apprentice. "Reality star" was just another resume item in his already brilliant and successful career.

« Last Edit: November 06, 2016, 03:36:36 pm by aligncare »

Oceander

Another false narrative.

Donald Trump was chosen to head the apprentice show because the producers were looking for a successful businessman to take on that role.

But, before Donald Trump became just "a reality star," he was one of the most well known and successful real estate developers in the world. That's why he was selected to do the apprentice. "Reality star" was just another resume item in his tremendously successful career.

Case in point.

HonestJohn

Brooks' words exemplify the upper-class Manhattanite contempt for the little people, the hoi polloi, those ants scurrying about on the streets beneath their luxury apartments.

You just know that he'd far rather have a drink with Hillary than with Trump, who at the very least pretends to respect the working class.  Only the libation of choice would not be beer, but perhaps a lightly-oaked Chardonnay from his personal wine cellar.

Beer isn't very tasty.

Sake, vodka, Irish whisky, cognac... those are tasty.

Oceander

Beer isn't very tasty.

Sake, vodka, Irish whisky, cognac... those are tasty.

Depends on the beer.  If you think all beers are not tasty, you simply haven't had a good beer yet.

HonestJohn

Your central thesis, that Trump is charitable... is false and has been debunked many times over.

And you know that.

Or not.