Author Topic: Which 3 Freedoms Will the Next President Restrict or Ban?  (Read 742 times)

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
Which 3 Freedoms Will the Next President Restrict or Ban?
« on: November 08, 2016, 08:02:20 am »
By J.D. Tuccille
http://reason.com/archives/2016/11/08/which-3-freedoms-will-the-next-president/print

Going into today's presidential vote, horrifying Democratic candidate Hillary Clinton remains a hair ahead of repulsive Republican
contender Donald Trump, though the momentum appears to be on his side in the polls. Americans seem understandably torn after repeated
media assurances that this is less of a normal democratic process than an opportunity to
choose the form of the destructor—and no fair
cheating by "wasting" your vote on Gary Johnson or any other non-evil option. Pick A or B, corrupt or crazy, if you want to be one of the
cool kids.

There's little time left to prepare for the aftermath of this election—hopefully, you've already hedged your investments and put aside
materials for converting the family SUV to a technical (keep in mind that gun oil plays havoc with upholstery). So let's take a look at what
we can expect depending on which vindictive control freak representing the major political parties ultimately wins the White House. What
are a few of the important freedoms Clinton or Trump might move to restrict or outright ban in the aftermath of a victory?

Full article: http://reason.com/archives/2016/11/08/which-3-freedoms-will-the-next-president/print

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline jpsb

Re: Which 3 Freedoms Will the Next President Restrict or Ban?
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2016, 08:36:42 am »
Easy question first to go will be the 2cd, Hillary will ban private ownership fire arms not all just most, mainly semi autos. Next will be religious liberty, it will become unlawful for Christian organizations to adhere to Christian dogma. Freedom of speech goes too, hate speech laws will be enacted to punish unPC speech.  There is also a good chance you will lose your life if Hillary starts a war with Russia which right now seems likely to happen.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2016, 11:21:15 am »
I think more accurately is which one will they try to ban.

Hillary will try the 2nd and 1st amendment along with healthcare freedoms

Trump will go for restricting the 1st. If his past statements are an indication, he will try some firearm restrictions. Some loss of economic freedom will be attempted, also
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline EasyAce

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2016, 11:50:43 am »
The author of the article also said both would weaken privacy and encryption protections,
as witness a) Hilarious Rodent Clinton's concurring when Fed security people's complaints
about encryption making it harder for them to snoop, and b) Donaldus Minimus's demand
for a boycott against Apple until or unless they caved on letting the FBI crack its iPhone
encryption.

Bottom line: They're both dangerous.

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Oceander

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2016, 11:55:54 am »
They'll both do the same:  restrict the First Amendment and the Second. 

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2016, 12:19:21 pm »
Both restrict the 1st amendment
Hillary restricts the 2nd
Trump restricts the 4th
Both run roughshod over the 10th.

Offline EasyAce

« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2016, 12:59:05 pm »
Both restrict the 1st amendment
Hillary restricts the 2nd
Trump restricts the 4th
Both run roughshod over the 10th.

They ain't going to be too crazy about the Fourth, the Fifth, the Fourteenth, or the Twenty-Second,
either---and their candidacies could be construed as violations of the Eighth Amendment!