Author Topic: More Parents Choose Home-Schooling  (Read 585 times)

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
More Parents Choose Home-Schooling
« on: November 07, 2016, 03:51:00 pm »
Increasing numbers of American schoolchildren are cracking the books at home as parents seek to provide a quality education in a strong moral atmosphere — something that is fading fast in the nation’s public schools.

Between the failure of Common Core; the pervasiveness of a liberal agenda expressed in the rise of LGBT clubs and activities on school grounds; and the fight against prayer and even the Pledge of Allegiance in schools — some parents feel that public school is the wrong place for their kids to spend the bulk of their day.

“An elite few have overtaken many of the highest positions in the land that influence policy, law and curriculum.”

Faith in educational excellence in public schools seems to be waning, too.

In the 2015-16 school year, home-schooling grew in Florida at its biggest rate in a decade. “We see all the emails from parents: ‘I just don’t want my kids exposed to Common Core,’” Karen Harmon, chairwoman of a Florida homeschool support group, told The Florida Times-Union. “Their thought process is that it’s dumbing down the school systems and making all students average, but a lot of parents want their child to excel.”...

Read more: http://www.lifezette.com/momzette/more-parents-choose-home-schooling/
The Republic is lost.

Offline mountaineer

Re: More Parents Choose Home-Schooling
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2016, 08:52:08 pm »
I know I would. Apart from Common Core, which is hideous, the public school children simply do not learn how to think. They only are indoctrinated and emerge from high school spouting the appropriate leftist thought, unable to do simple arithmetic or write a coherent paragraph, and completely unfamiliar with history.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Re: More Parents Choose Home-Schooling
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2016, 09:25:30 pm »
I know I would. Apart from Common Core, which is hideous, the public school children simply do not learn how to think. They only are indoctrinated and emerge from high school spouting the appropriate leftist thought, unable to do simple arithmetic or write a coherent paragraph, and completely unfamiliar with history.

I plan on homeschooling my grandkids when I retire.