Author Topic: Rush: Who's Winning the Yard Sign Race?  (Read 1544 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Rush: Who's Winning the Yard Sign Race?
« on: November 04, 2016, 07:51:10 pm »
http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2016/11/04/who_s_winning_the_yard_sign_race

Who's Winning the Yard Sign Race?
November 04, 2016
Listen to it Button

BEGIN TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: Here is Bob in Grand Rapids, Michigan as we get started on the phones on Open Line Friday.  Hi, Bob.

CALLER:  Hey, Rush, I'm here in Michigan and while I know that yard signs are anecdotal and subjective, compared to 2012, when there was no Romney signs here in Michigan, I even asked my wife, I said, "Does Romney even offer signs?"  Because there was Obama signs everywhere in 2012.  But this year, especially in the last week or so, I'm telling you, it is 30-to-1 Trump signs and they popped up like mushrooms.  I mean, they're absolutely everywhere.

RUSH:  I hear this from people all over the country.  The yard sign is a thing people look at and assign a lot of weight to.  I get e-mails from people constantly telling me how many yard signs -- I'll tell you where I'm really getting them is Pennsylvania.  People in Pennsylvania are telling me they've never seen yard signs for any Republican like this.  I don't know what to make of this.  Because I don't know how much of it is legit.

Folks, I'm not trying to de-emphasize it.  What surprises me about Michigan, we keep hearing that Hillary has this amazing get-out-the-vote operation, GOTV, that she spent money on it.  She's got this organization that is unparalleled, and by the same token Trump's got nothing.  Trump hasn't put any money in the get-out-the-vote operation.  He's relying on free national media covering his rallies.  Republican National Committee, they haven't really spent a lot of money and time helping Trump in this area.

Well, okay, but if Hillary has this massive get out the vote operation, I'm telling you, yard signs are part of what they do.  Yard signs are what get out the vote operations do, in part.  They don't just wait until election day and start making phone calls.  They work the phone banks even beforehand, but they create the illusion with all the money. They make these signs and they don't wait for people to come ask for them.  They drive around town and put them up.  And if there aren't any Hillary signs in places it makes me curious. 

END TRANSCRIPT
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline sinkspur

Re: Rush: Who's Winning the Yard Sign Race?
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2016, 07:54:28 pm »
Yard signs are all Trump has.

Hillary has a massive organization that will be good for 1-2 points on election day.  GOTV is essential and Trump has nothing, essentially, in states like Michigan and Wisconsin, which he is targeting.

Hoping that people show up is not a political strategy.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Texas Yellow Rose

• Native Texan
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2016, 07:56:16 pm »
Yesterday, I was thinking ... "Where are the yard signs???"  I have not seen ANY in the town where I live except around the early voting area. 

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2016, 07:56:50 pm »
In PA Donny is winning the yard sign race by 20 to one. You wouldn't even know there was another candidate running here other than him.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2016, 01:43:12 am »
Here is an interesting article picked up by other forums.

Meet The Texans knocking on doors for Trump in Pennsylvania

By Salena Zito

November 2, 2016 | 7:08pm | Updated

GREENTREE, Pa. — Before the sun came up in this Pittsburgh suburb, 12 Texans and a young man from Norway were already on their second cup of coffee and set to get on with the business of helping Republican Donald J. Trump win in the stubbornly blue state of Pennsylvania.

“We are here to make sure that not one voter in Western Pennsylvania isn’t contacted face-to-face to remind them to vote for Trump,” said George Woodruff of Gunter, Texas, a retired Marine and airline pilot.

Meet the members of the Mighty Texas Strike Force, a group of nearly 2,000 mostly Texans who have deployed across several battleground states to push voters to pick the Republican in this year’s presidential election.

“We were founded during then-Texas Gov. George W. Bush’s first campaign for the presidency,” explained Rick Potter, the head of the organization. “We are a group of devoted Texas volunteers who have deployed to several national battleground swing states ever since his first election.”

Read More At: http://nypost.com/2016/11/02/meet-the-texans-knocking-on-doors-for-trump-in-pennsylvania/

Offline bolobaby

« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2016, 02:55:54 am »
In PA Donny is winning the yard sign race by 20 to one. You wouldn't even know there was another candidate running here other than him.

@Frank Cannon

It doesn't matter. For every yard sign in front of a house with two voters, there is an apartment building in a urban area with no yard in which to place signs, but 200 Hillary voters wanting their free stuff.
How to lose credibility while posting:
1. Trump is never wrong.
2. Default to the most puerile emoticon you can find. This is especially useful when you can't win an argument on merits.
3. Be falsely ingratiating, completely but politely dismissive without talking to the points, and bring up Hillary whenever the conversation is really about conservatism.
4. When all else fails, remember rule #1 and #2. Emoticons are like the poor man's tweet!

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2016, 03:21:53 am »
@Frank Cannon

It doesn't matter. For every yard sign in front of a house with two voters, there is an apartment building in a urban area with no yard in which to place signs, but 200 Hillary voters wanting their free stuff.

You'd think that except Hitlary has a real serious enthusiasm gap. She is almost as hated as Donny. It will make Tuesday a real crap shoot.

Offline bolobaby

« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2016, 03:46:43 am »
You'd think that except Hitlary has a real serious enthusiasm gap. She is almost as hated as Donny. It will make Tuesday a real crap shoot.

@Frank Cannon

Dems never leave it to a crap shoot. They've got their corruption machine primed and ready to go. That's too big a disadvantage for someone with unfavorables like Trump to overcome.

At least that's what I think.
How to lose credibility while posting:
1. Trump is never wrong.
2. Default to the most puerile emoticon you can find. This is especially useful when you can't win an argument on merits.
3. Be falsely ingratiating, completely but politely dismissive without talking to the points, and bring up Hillary whenever the conversation is really about conservatism.
4. When all else fails, remember rule #1 and #2. Emoticons are like the poor man's tweet!

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2016, 04:04:04 am »
@Frank Cannon

Dems never leave it to a crap shoot. They've got their corruption machine primed and ready to go. That's too big a disadvantage for someone with unfavorables like Trump to overcome.

At least that's what I think.

They look as demoralized and disorganized as I have ever seen them. Wiki has set their tent on fire. People fired. People under suspicion. People going to sex rehab. This is going to be a weird election.