Author Topic: Final Days, Awful Choice...By Charles Krauthammer  (Read 537 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Final Days, Awful Choice...By Charles Krauthammer
« on: November 04, 2016, 01:05:28 pm »
 Final Days, Awful Choice
A careless president could bring down the American-led post-war order.
By Charles Krauthammer — November 3, 2016

Rule of thumb for a presidential campaign where the two candidates have the highest unfavorable ratings in the history of polling: If you’re the center of attention, you’re losing.

As Election Day approaches, Hillary Clinton cannot shake the spotlight. She is still ahead in the polls, but you know she’s slipping when she shows up at a Florida campaign event with a week to go accompanied by the former Miss Universe, Alicia Machado.

The original plan was for Clinton to pivot in the final week of the campaign from relentless criticism of Donald Trump to making a positive case for herself. Instead, she reached back for a six-week-old charge that played well when it first emerged back then but now feels stale and recycled.

The setback and momentum shift came courtesy of FBI director James Comey. Clinton’s greatest hurdle had always been the Comey primary, which the Democrats thought she’d won in July when he declined to recommend prosecuting her over classified e-mails. This engendered an outpouring of Democratic encomiums about Comey’s unimpeachable integrity and Solomonic wisdom.

more
http://www.nationalreview.com/node/441760/print
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Re: Final Days, Awful Choice...By Charles Krauthammer
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2016, 03:23:00 pm »
Krauty pretty much nails it:

At a time of such tectonic instability, even the most experienced head of state requires wisdom and delicacy to maintain equilibrium. Trump has neither. His joining of supreme ignorance to supreme arrogance, combined with a pathological sensitivity to any perceived slight, is a standing invitation to calamitous miscalculation.

As much as I want to like Trump, and I do, I just cannot get over this aspect of him. When it looked like he was winning it actually made me nervous.

Terrible terrible election from hell.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2016, 03:23:22 pm by Weird Tolkienish Figure »