Author Topic: UN women’s center in Dohuk prepares to receive traumatized women from Mosul  (Read 221 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
UN women’s center in Dohuk prepares to receive traumatized women from Mosul

Iraqi women take shelter with children in the village of Gogjali, as clashes go on between Iraqi army forces and Daesh to retake Mosul, on November 2, 2016. (AFP/Bulent Kilic)

As Iraqi forces close in on the militant-held city of Mosul, a support centre for women and girls in Dohuk is gearing up to receive women and girls who have been held captive and sexually assaulted.

Most of the women are Iraqi Yazidis who’ve suffered abuse under the hands of Daesh militants since they swept into the area two years ago. So far, more than 800 have sought medical and psychological therapy.

Dr. Naam Nawzat, is a gynecologist at Dohuk Women and Girls Support Centre:
“It’s hard. It is very difficult, it’s beyond my capabilities. It has been two years that I have been taking on these cases. Everyone is destroyed. I have not seen one case better than the other. The next one who comes is sadder than the one before it. You see 9 year olds who have been raped and you see the most brutal and humiliating treatment for them.”

Read More At: http://www.albawaba.com/news/un-women%E2%80%99s-center-dohuk-prepares-receive-traumatized-women-mosul-900528

Anything we do over there, will have repercussions, fighting ISIS is a must, backing Kurdish and other like-minded factions seems to be the thing to do.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2016, 03:37:44 am by TomSea »