Author Topic: Never Say #NeverTrump: GOP Support For Donald Is Strong And Growing  (Read 15134 times)

Online roamer_1

Re: Never Say #NeverTrump: GOP Support For Donald Is Strong And Growing
« Reply #75 on: November 03, 2016, 11:35:21 pm »
Wait until Hillary gets in.  All you anti Trumpers will be beotching and moaning 2 or 3 years from now. Amazing you folks can't see the difference between Clinton and Trump

I won't be bitching. No matter which bottom-feeding A$$ gets in, I'll just shake my head, sigh, and ignore politics for another four years... Just like I have been for the last eight (actually 12). The only thing that will change any of it is Conservatism, and that ain't even anywhere in sight.

It don't matter how much turd-polish y'all go through, or how much turd-polish the dems go through... Either way it's turd-polish by the trainload, and we sink deeper into destruction. The only people that will profit are the turd-painters.

Not my gig.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #76 on: November 03, 2016, 11:42:44 pm »
I think I found the problem.  :thud:

Praying is the only thing that will get us anywhere. God's the one in charge of all this anyways we sure aren't going to succeed without his blessing.

888high58888

“I sought for the greatness and genius of America in her commodious harbors and her ample rivers – and it was not there . . . in her fertile fields and boundless forests and it was not there . . . in her rich mines and her vast world commerce – and it was not there . . . in her democratic Congress and her matchless Constitution – and it was not there. Not until I went into the churches of America and heard her pulpits aflame with righteousness did I understand the secret of her genius and power. America is great because she is good, and if America ever ceases to be good, she will cease to be great.”
― Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #77 on: November 03, 2016, 11:44:02 pm »
Wait until Hillary gets in.  All you anti Trumpers will be beotching and moaning 2 or 3 years from now. Amazing you folks can't see the difference between Clinton and Trump

The difference?  Here is the difference, based on Trump's thin-skinned punitive promises of protectionist vengeance and retribution while publicly destroying all those who refused to kiss his ring - ALONG with the death threats from his rabid militant followers - Trump is a greater clear and present danger to our persons than from anything Hildabeast in the Mao Pantsuit threatens us with.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #78 on: November 03, 2016, 11:58:58 pm »
Well, we know full well what we have in Clinton, and I'm sure you'll still be blaming us if Trump loses.

If, by chance, Trump wins, I suspect wailing and gnashing of teeth as he turns his country into the kind of joke his campaign has been... and we'll be here, telling you all: "I told you so."

As for the difference between Clinton and Trump: Trump donates the money, and Clinton grants the favors. The only difference is one blusters about some "other" outside force being the source of the problem and the other, like most good liberals, blames some rich cartel (while taking donations from them) and vast right-wing conspiracy. There's no introspection—blaming a coddled electorate doesn't make for winning votes.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Longmire

« Reply #79 on: November 04, 2016, 12:08:33 am »

@Longmire, you're parroting Nazi propaganda again.  Not good.  Not good at all. 

Nazi propaganda or reasoned logical argument...you decide.  :pondering:

From Reddit:

After careful review of public statements, media commentary, and voters' online reactions, I feel as if Mormon presidential hopeful Evan McMullin personifies the Church's own troublesome stance on gays.

1) He publicly states that as a Mormon, he views marriage only as existing between one man and one woman. He has to say this to keep his LDS bona fides. And yet . . .

2) McMullin says, we need to "move on" from the fight that was lost, and that he respects the Supreme Court's 2015 decision. The far right finds him far too weak in fighting against LGBT rights, specifically marriage equality. A larger percentage of Republican voters call him a RINO for this reason alone.

3) Meanwhile, centrist and socially liberal Republicans find him too conservative BECAUSE he is a Mormon. "Mormons did Prop 8" they say, or "Mormons are notoriously anti-gay", so despite his own views, he is viewed as anti-LGBT merely by his religious affiliation, which is not an entirely incorrect assumption.

4) His position is especially tenuous as a single, never-married, man of 40. Despite numerous rumors and some sources claiming inside knowledge that McMullin is in fact, gay, he and is PR team are totally silent. It is shocking to me that a marriage- and family-focused constituency like the Utah LDS are giving him a pass on this front. While I have been attacked on this sub for even hinting that he might be gay, his marital status is becoming a matter of discussion on many political fora, and especially Twitter. These questions and attacks are coming from both sides of the political spectrum.

5) Add to this his own personal connection to LGBT issues, as his mother is a lesbian and married to another woman. He has only ever confirmed this once, in a Washington Post interview, and his campaign seems to be keeping that knowledge under wraps otherwise (family photos only show him with siblings and father).

This post is not an ad hominem attack on Evan McMullin, but more an observation on the impossible place the Church finds themselves on LGBT issues: they have a long legacy of pursuing a strong anti-gay agenda which endears them to their base and the political right, yet vilifies them among much of society. They have relented to the reality of gay marriage today, but continue to maintain their stance on defining marriage and protecting their interests via "religious freedom". Then they push the false message of love and acceptances towards LGBT, behind which there is little substance. And, last but not least, they are not coping well with the LGBT in their own ranks, either denying they exist at all, or redefining their sexuality as an external condition, or preaching that families and children are obligatory for salvation, except for gays who should just be celibate and single.

With this position, the Church fails on all counts: it fails to appease the right, the left, or even the center, and it fails to provide healthy guidance to both straight and LGBT members. Their position may only be a holding pattern until "the right time", but a presidential hopeful cannot escape the issue long-term. Whether or not it's fair or right, Evan McMullin's own sexuality will be considered pertinent vis-a-vis his positions on LGBT rights and religious freedom.

TL; DR: LDS desperately want mainstream acceptance and visibility, but whoever they thrust into the spotlight embodies the instituional contradictions and fallacies on key issues.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #80 on: November 04, 2016, 12:12:06 am »
Smearing Evan McMullin with falsehoods is what the desperate Trump humpers are down to.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #81 on: November 04, 2016, 12:14:46 am »
The difference?  Here is the difference, based on Trump's thin-skinned punitive promises of protectionist vengeance and retribution while publicly destroying all those who refused to kiss his ring - ALONG with the death threats from his rabid militant followers - Trump is a greater clear and present danger to our persons than from anything Hildabeast in the Mao Pantsuit threatens us with.

It's always entertaining to watch moral cowards that refuse to stand on principle berate those who do. I never have, nor ever will, feel shame for doing what's right. And empowering evil is NEVER right.

Ever. Regardless of what the Democrats Run.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2016, 12:15:12 am by Norm Lenhart »

Online roamer_1

« Reply #82 on: November 04, 2016, 12:16:57 am »
Anytime you want to start the ball, you just come let me know.

Better pack a breakfast... or maybe a mid-morning snack... Nah. Just a coffee and a doughnut on the way - You'll be fine.

geronl

« Reply #83 on: November 04, 2016, 12:27:51 am »

As a reminder, I think Trump is the most hideous candidate ever to run for the American Presidency and no one, criminal or otherwise, is any worse than that.  He is horrible, hideous, deplorable, disgusting, vile, corrupt, dishonest, arrogant, narcissistic, vindictive, greedy, self-serving, hot tempered, stupid, etc....etc...etc...  I cannot even get riled up over Hillary's many bad points when the opposition to her is Trump.  I cannot do it.  I won't vote for either one of those vile candidates.    It's all bad.

:thumbsup:

Offline Longmire

« Reply #84 on: November 04, 2016, 12:43:31 am »
Smearing Evan McMullin with falsehoods is what the desperate Trump humpers are down to.

McMullin is a Romney hand puppet whose failed candidacy is solely an effort to stop Trump.

There's nothing wrong or "false" about questioning McMullin's faith or sexuality considering what a cipher this guy has been.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #85 on: November 04, 2016, 12:53:11 am »
McMullin is a Romney hand puppet whose failed candidacy is solely an effort to stop Trump.
Failed already? I must have missed the election.

There's nothing wrong or "false" about questioning McMullin's faith or sexuality considering what a cipher this guy has been.
Yes, there is, when you have no evidence and are doing it solely to prop up a two-party system that is on the way to a one-party system because you guys keep propping up a failing opposition and preventing any other party from replacing it.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Silver Pines

« Reply #86 on: November 04, 2016, 01:09:11 am »
@Longmire

Nazi propaganda or reasoned logical argument...you decide

Apparently the moron who made the smear in the first place has decided; he apologized and retracted the accusation.

Besides, better a 40 year-old virgin than a 70 year-old Chester the Molester with a history of STDs.

Silver Pines

« Reply #87 on: November 04, 2016, 01:10:43 am »
@Longmire

There it is again, "Romney puppet" from the second Trump supporter today.  The memo went out behind the scenes, I see.

Cultic groupthink in action.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #88 on: November 04, 2016, 01:13:01 am »

But funny how you militants throw a fit if anyone dares apply the same measure to questioning Trump's faith and sexual escapades - even the ones he bragged about while married and bedding other men's wives.

Trump is your ultimate cipher.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #89 on: November 04, 2016, 01:14:52 am »
Well, we know full well what we have in Clinton, and I'm sure you'll still be blaming us if Trump loses.

If, by chance, Trump wins, I suspect wailing and gnashing of teeth as he turns his country into the kind of joke his campaign has been... and we'll be here, telling you all: "I told you so."

As for the difference between Clinton and Trump: Trump donates the money, and Clinton grants the favors. The only difference is one blusters about some "other" outside force being the source of the problem and the other, like most good liberals, blames some rich cartel (while taking donations from them) and vast right-wing conspiracy. There's no introspection—blaming a coddled electorate doesn't make for winning votes.
I think Trump finally figured out that nowadays there is more money in being a politician than renting one. (They just won't stay bought).
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #90 on: November 04, 2016, 01:35:33 am »
If Trump wins on Tuesday, I won't be jumping with joy over his having won, but will cheer the demise -- at long last -- of the Clintons as a political force.

So true but I don't want to be responsible for Trump.  Bet there are many that are doing this:

AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #91 on: November 04, 2016, 01:42:31 am »
I think Trump finally figured out that nowadays there is more money in being a politician than renting one. (They just won't stay bought).

I think he's figured out that politics is a great vehicle for getting taxpayers to pick up the tab for what he wants or owes.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #92 on: November 04, 2016, 01:42:38 am »
@Longmire

There it is again, "Romney puppet" from the second Trump supporter today.  The memo went out behind the scenes, I see.

Cultic groupthink in action.

How odd. Just last week they were making excuses for Romney's profiteering off his abortion laws when the talking point was Trump's Pro Life creds...But the current truth says he's the devil.

These people have spines like a jellyfish.

Offline Longmire

« Reply #93 on: November 04, 2016, 03:00:07 am »
@Longmire

Apparently the moron who made the smear in the first place has decided; he apologized and retracted the accusation.

I go out of my way to dig out the original Reddit post about McMullin, but all you want to do is burn the Nazi straw-man.  :thud:

Offline Longmire

« Reply #94 on: November 04, 2016, 03:02:22 am »
These people have spines like a jellyfish.

Do sand trolls have spines?  :pondering:

Offline Longmire

« Reply #95 on: November 04, 2016, 03:05:15 am »
Bet there are many that are doing this:

Many more are doing this.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #96 on: November 04, 2016, 03:16:44 am »
Do sand trolls have spines?  :pondering:

You'd be the person with first hand knowledge.

Offline Longmire

« Reply #97 on: November 04, 2016, 03:30:07 am »
You'd be the person with first hand knowledge.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #98 on: November 04, 2016, 04:00:26 am »

?? What evidence is there??  So, he wants to stop Trump.  Personally, I wish he would have jumped into the race sooner and would have been able to get on the ballot in all 50 states.  Perhaps we wouldn't be faced with seating a criminal or a creep.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #99 on: November 04, 2016, 04:12:42 am »
?? What evidence is there??  So, he wants to stop Trump.  Personally, I wish he would have jumped into the race sooner and would have been able to get on the ballot in all 50 states.  Perhaps we wouldn't be faced with seating a criminal or a creep.

If McMuffin would have given this a real effort or the other organized 3rd parties didn't field oddballs (See Gary Johnson) we might have a real option now. Alas, it didn't come to pass......but what gives me the red ass the last couple days are all the absurd conspiracy theories being pushed and pushed hard about harmless people relying on no name blogs (probably written by the thread poster themselves).

This place is turning into FR when people were posting that Mena Airport coke brought in by the Bush CIA was polluting our drinking water.

What the hell is going on around here lately?