Author Topic: Never Say #NeverTrump: GOP Support For Donald Is Strong And Growing  (Read 15132 times)

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
Re: Never Say #NeverTrump: GOP Support For Donald Is Strong And Growing
« Reply #50 on: November 03, 2016, 08:09:58 pm »
Either that or the term conservative will be driven to the left. Instead of conservative having its own attributes it will be redefined simply as any opposition to the democrat agenda.

Already happening.

Your statement might as well be past-tense.

Which is why it may be time to add 'strict' to Constitutional Conservative as an identifier.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

HonestJohn

« Reply #51 on: November 03, 2016, 09:01:45 pm »
Dear Never Trumpsters.

You will be held fully accountable for the corruption and lawlessness of a Hillary Clinton Presidency. The terrible decisions, judicial appointment etc will be FULLY your responsibility.

So rather then continue the hypocritical sanctimonious posturing, please stop and think if you personally want to be responsible for electing the most corrupt, lawless President in history simply out of childish petulance that your candidate did not win the GOP nomination?

Who cares.

HonestJohn

« Reply #52 on: November 03, 2016, 09:08:43 pm »

Free Trade is good.
The American Dream is for *ALL* those in America, not just the white right type of people.
That the word of the American government is honored at home and abroad.

That's about it.

And those are conservative values.

« Last Edit: November 03, 2016, 09:14:57 pm by HonestJohn »

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #53 on: November 03, 2016, 09:10:29 pm »
Who cares.

I care, what it should be is liberal race card tossing harrassers who just come on here to accuse others of racism, shouldn't be allowed here, since they preach godless multi-culturalism which is indeed communistic.

Mods should really inspect the rules; if this is a conservative forum, on whom, respectfully shuld be allowed.

HonestJohn

« Reply #54 on: November 03, 2016, 09:12:09 pm »
:amen:  Well said and thank you.

You know @Frank Cannon voted for Trump, right?

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #55 on: November 03, 2016, 09:12:12 pm »
Already happening.

Your statement might as well be past-tense.

Which is why it may be time to add 'strict' to Constitutional Conservative as an identifier.
This too was predicted. The term "conservative" has been used to describe Republicans, because compared to the Marxists, they have been. It has been a relative thing only these last twenty years, not an absolute by any metric.
I have used Conservative (capitalized) to denote the difference between those of us who are for an Originalist interpretation of the Constitution vs those who are merely relatively conservative compared to the progressives, moderates, and rabid Communists on the Left.
That distinction is lost on most folks, and the term "conservative" has become polluted by the leftist convergence of the Republican and Democrat Parties in practice.

Without a modifier such as Originalist or Constitutional, the term has become meaningless.
Unfortunately, the meaning of conservative has already been fragmented with hyphenations such as paleo-,neo-,so-, etc.

Like "American", once you start hyphenating the term, it promotes division rather than unity.

We knew this was happening, the distinction between Republican and conservative has been reiterated ad nauseum, but in popular usage, the two are equated.

Either we demand Republicans not use the term unless they actually are, a stance which is unenforceable, or we find a different term to denote those of us who are morally, fiscally, and socially conservative who believe the restoration of the Republic requires a return to the Constitution as originally intended.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

HonestJohn

« Reply #56 on: November 03, 2016, 09:13:48 pm »
That doesn't matter. Your support for the Republican nominee, Donald Trump is the insult you represent.

You get it. You're being blamed for Donald Trump kicking Ted Cruz's ass and for being popular with the base because of his conservative policies. These people are pretty sick if you ask me.

It's very telling that a Trumpist does not want the credit for enabling Trump to become the GOP nominee.

HonestJohn

« Reply #57 on: November 03, 2016, 09:17:45 pm »
I care, what it should be is liberal race card tossing harrassers who just come on here to accuse others of racism, shouldn't be allowed here, since they preach godless multi-culturalism which is indeed communistic.

Mods should really inspect the rules; if this is a conservative forum, on whom, respectfully shuld be allowed.

More fascist bull out of a wannabe Stormtrooper.

Again, who cares.

HonestJohn

« Reply #58 on: November 03, 2016, 09:19:51 pm »
This too was predicted. The term "conservative" has been used to describe Republicans, because compared to the Marxists, they have been. It has been a relative thing only these last twenty years, not an absolute by any metric.
I have used Conservative (capitalized) to denote the difference between those of us who are for an Originalist interpretation of the Constitution vs those who are merely relatively conservative compared to the progressives, moderates, and rabid Communists on the Left.
That distinction is lost on most folks, and the term "conservative" has become polluted by the leftist convergence of the Republican and Democrat Parties in practice.

Without a modifier such as Originalist or Constitutional, the term has become meaningless.
Unfortunately, the meaning of conservative has already been fragmented with hyphenations such as paleo-,neo-,so-, etc.

Like "American", once you start hyphenating the term, it promotes division rather than unity.

We knew this was happening, the distinction between Republican and conservative has been reiterated ad nauseum, but in popular usage, the two are equated.

Either we demand Republicans not use the term unless they actually are, a stance which is unenforceable, or we find a different term to denote those of us who are morally, fiscally, and socially conservative who believe the restoration of the Republic requires a return to the Constitution as originally intended.

Conservative also used to mean a free-trade, capitalist economy.  Not the corporatist economic view.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2016, 09:20:58 pm by HonestJohn »

HonestJohn

« Reply #59 on: November 03, 2016, 09:34:22 pm »
I do, and in PA, which has no bearing on my vote in KS.  Unfortunately my state will go for Trump without my help.  That makes me both mad and ill.  But what can I do?  Being mad at Frank for coming to a different strategic conclusion than I have won't make one bit of difference. 

As a reminder, I think Trump is the most hideous candidate ever to run for the American Presidency and no one, criminal or otherwise, is any worse than that.  He is horrible, hideous, deplorable, disgusting, vile, corrupt, dishonest, arrogant, narcissistic, vindictive, greedy, self-serving, hot tempered, stupid, etc....etc...etc...  I cannot even get riled up over Hillary's many bad points when the opposition to her is Trump.  I cannot do it.  I won't vote for either one of those vile candidates.    It's all bad.

Read Steve Deace's latest facebook post about the election which you can link to from his twitter feed.  I agree with him almost entirely in that post, though I would not have been able to say it was a morally acceptable thing to deduce that voting against Hillary by voting for the only candidate that can beat her is ok, even though he does not plan to do it.  I do not see it as morally acceptable.  I would word it differently.  I understand the argument.  That is it.  I see no benefit in berating someone else for their choice.  We have to step away from being so vote-intimidating/vote-bullying to each other if we are ever to recover from this cycle of compromised voting where the worst possible "can win" idiot gets the nod from both parties.

What burns me up is that if he finds Trump so bad, why endorse the bad with a vote?

I don't do that in my life.  I don't buy the worst car I can afford, nor the worst food.  I don't teach my kids to, when given a choice, pick the least benefical one.  Nor do I tolerate that behavior from my subordinates at work.

He knows that, out of the candidates on the ballot, Trump was the worst choice... and still picked it.  And then comes back here to rail *AGAINST* his own choice!

That is insanity to me.

---

@Frank Cannon
(courtesy ping)
« Last Edit: November 03, 2016, 09:34:44 pm by HonestJohn »

Offline mirraflake

« Reply #60 on: November 03, 2016, 09:49:30 pm »
Trump is the anti-conservative.

Wait until Hillary gets in.  All you anti Trumpers will be beotching and moaning 2 or 3 years from now. Amazing you folks can't see the difference between Clinton and Trump

@ratpatrol

Online corbe

« Reply #61 on: November 03, 2016, 09:55:16 pm »
Wait until Hillary gets in.  All you anti Trumpers will be beotching and moaning 2 or 3 years from now. Amazing you folks can't see the difference between Clinton and Trump

@ratpatrol

No @mirraflake you overestimate our Anguish, We don't bitch and moan nor do we threaten, BUT we will continue praying for our Nation as we have been the last 8 years.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

HonestJohn

« Reply #62 on: November 03, 2016, 09:55:35 pm »

@ratpatrol

You'd rather expect the GOP work feverishly against their party head (in the event of a Trump win)... than have the GOP work feverishly to stop their opposition.

Which is more likely? Which is less schizophrenic?

Offline mirraflake

« Reply #63 on: November 03, 2016, 10:03:13 pm »

No @mirraflake you overestimate our Anguish, We don't bitch and moan nor do we threaten, BUT we will continue praying for our Nation as we have been the last 8 years.

Praying will get you nowhere.. Sorry. Millions of Jews prayed in the camps, millions of people pray for their infants to recover from cancer only to be crying at the gravesite.

Praying makes you  feel better that's about it.
I do believe in a higher power btw.

@corbe

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #64 on: November 03, 2016, 10:17:25 pm »
Dear Never Trumpsters.

You will be held fully accountable

Dear Sycophant,

Go find a large bridge. Jump off it. Because you arent going to hold ANYONE accountable for squat. You'll just run and hide when you discover that real life doesn't work like the internet.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2016, 10:17:53 pm by Norm Lenhart »

Online corbe

« Reply #65 on: November 03, 2016, 10:21:10 pm »
Praying will get you nowhere.. Sorry. Millions of Jews prayed in the camps, millions of people pray for their infants to recover from cancer only to be crying at the gravesite.

I don't see the DownSide of feeling 'Better'.

I, also, realize my Place in this 'Spiritual' World.

@corbe
[/quote]
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #66 on: November 03, 2016, 10:29:50 pm »
You know @Frank Cannon voted for Trump, right?

I didn't didn't vote for shit yet Jackson. Most states don't vote until Tuesday.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #67 on: November 03, 2016, 10:30:16 pm »
Dear Sycophant,

Go find a large bridge. Jump off it. Because you arent going to hold ANYONE accountable for squat. You'll just run and hide when you discover that real life doesn't work like the internet.

My real life lives in a stand your ground state.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #68 on: November 03, 2016, 10:33:35 pm »

He knows that, out of the candidates on the ballot, Trump was the worst choice...
---

@Frank Cannon
(courtesy ping)

That's you opinion. I think he is not. Hitlary is and it is obvious after this last round of FBI information came out.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2016, 10:43:50 pm by Frank Cannon »

Online Lando Lincoln

« Reply #69 on: November 03, 2016, 10:39:27 pm »
Dear Never Trumpsters.

You will be held fully accountable...

How?  By whom?  Be specific please.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
« Reply #70 on: November 03, 2016, 10:42:46 pm »

@corbe
I think I found the problem.  :thud:

Praying is the only thing that will get us anywhere. God's the one in charge of all this anyways we sure aren't going to succeed without his blessing.
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #71 on: November 03, 2016, 10:43:52 pm »
Dear Never Trumpsters.

You will be held fully accountable for the corruption and lawlessness of a Hillary Clinton Presidency. The terrible decisions, judicial appointment etc will be FULLY your responsibility.

So rather then continue the hypocritical sanctimonious posturing, please stop and think if you personally want to be responsible for electing the most corrupt, lawless President in history simply out of childish petulance that your candidate did not win the GOP nomination?
I reject your attempt to transfer your guilt for backing a sleaze to me, as far as holding me accountable? Three words.......Come........get..........some! Look I can post childish hyperbole too! Now grow up and stop making ridiculous statements.

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
« Reply #72 on: November 03, 2016, 10:44:07 pm »
Dear Never Trumpsters.

Anytime you want to start the ball, you just come let me know.
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #73 on: November 03, 2016, 10:46:19 pm »
My real life lives in a stand your ground state.

Castle Doctrine here. They should consider such things before announcing threats publicly. Those threats WILL be admissible in court after any resulting fallout, should they be stupid enough to act on them.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #74 on: November 03, 2016, 11:15:59 pm »
Dear Never Trumpsters.

Dear GA Johnnie:

Just who in the hell do you think you are??  Your lack of logic and reason is laughable.  Obviously, you still don't get it.  It is the Trumpsters who voted for the Orange Baboon in the primaries  that will be responsible if Hillary is elected AND will continue to bear that responsibility for what Trump may inflict upon this country should he become president.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.