Author Topic: Demonstration Tactics Increasingly Divide Dakota Access Pipeline Protesters  (Read 4097 times)

Offline goatprairie

Re: Demonstration Tactics Increasingly Divide Dakota Access Pipeline Protesters
« Reply #25 on: November 25, 2016, 09:48:58 pm »
I just read a true account of what's going on there from a local tv source WDAZ-8. The facts are the local tribes were consulted with extensively by the company constructing the pipeline, Energy Transfer Partners, and the Army Corps or Engineers.
 In multiple situations the tribes refused to meet with the company and the Corps. The company and the Corps have gone far out of their way to accommodate the tribes requests.
They are being responded to with immense incivility by the tribes.
It appears the tribes are engaging in some terrific lying about what is going on. I'll bet Soros money is behind most of the protests.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #26 on: November 25, 2016, 11:22:08 pm »
"Protesters using improvised explosive devices caused an explosion on the Backwater Bridge"

If I was the governor of ND, I'd order out the state national guard, with 6-8 guardsmen (with loaded weapons) stationed at either end of that bridge (and below), 24 hours a day.

Let the chips fall where they may...

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #27 on: November 26, 2016, 08:23:30 am »
"Protesters using improvised explosive devices caused an explosion on the Backwater Bridge"

If I was the governor of ND, I'd order out the state national guard, with 6-8 guardsmen (with loaded weapons) stationed at either end of that bridge (and below), 24 hours a day.

When there is no real injury, no real reason for a protest, the only hope the protesters have is to provoke a response that will give them one. At first, I believed the Guard should be called out. Considering there may even be members of the Guard from the tribe, and that would possibly put them in the position of facing down relatives, that might not be a good deal. Winter so far this year has been mild. It's coming. Considering up to 90% of the proteters are from out of the area, and the state, they likely won't be ready for it, no matter what they think, especially if they are wasting propane by blowing themselves up.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline 17 Oaks

• The Ranch in S Texas
« Reply #28 on: November 26, 2016, 03:25:27 pm »

100%.  Not likely!  We have moved into the age of minority rule in this country or what will become:  Tyranny of the Minority Majority!

Our congress has elevated the status of minorities to "Protected Class".  Its IMPOSSIBLE to have a unified society when we have Federal laws giving minorities special rights and protection.  There is no inclusion, never will be until those laws are repealed...
Don:  Got here thru God, Guns and Guts, I speak John Wayne, Johnny Cash and John Deere; this make ME: Christian, Conservative, Capitalist, Constitutionalist...

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
« Reply #29 on: November 26, 2016, 03:56:13 pm »
Things are escalating quickly here.  Heck, even Hanoi Jane Fonda made an appearance. We could sure use your prayers.
The weather forecast shows possible snow next week - I think about a foot of it would help to take care of this situation.
I'm sure the lying memes being spread across social media, false internet stories and newscasts aren't helping situation. 

You're in my prayers.
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #30 on: November 26, 2016, 10:04:27 pm »

100%.  Not likely!  We have moved into the age of minority rule in this country or what will become:  Tyranny of the Minority Majority!

Our congress has elevated the status of minorities to "Protected Class".  Its IMPOSSIBLE to have a unified society when we have Federal laws giving minorities special rights and protection.  There is no inclusion, never will be until those laws are repealed...
You hit on a key point: Equality is only achieved by being equal. When some folks are treated as more than equal because their ancestors were treated as less than equal, all that has been done is to create another group of people who, in spite of having nothing to do with things that happened before their birth, will be treated as less than equal. That's just setting up the backlash.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #31 on: November 26, 2016, 10:17:11 pm »
I'm sure the lying memes being spread across social media, false internet stories and newscasts aren't helping situation. 

You're in my prayers.
@debrawiest   @SZonian  If y'all check here, there are links to gofundme accounts where the protesters are raising money. http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,230260.msg1151063.html#msg1151063  Just type in "Standing Rock" on the go fund me site and there are over 500 of them, and estimates are that they have raised over 2 million dollars there alone. I reckon the same sort of stuff is being used to call for donations elsewhere, and I have little doubt Soros money is in there somewhere.

Considering this pipeline would move about half of the oil being produced from the Bakken/Three Forks formations (or, more accurately, half the oil produced in North Dakota--the #2 oil producing state), someone is making a lot of money every day the pipeline is delayed and that oil goes out by rail instead (BNSF). Warren Buffett is a big shareholder in BNSF, and an alleged pal of Obama.
Wonder why delays from on high? There's the answer.

In the meantime, every day of delay costs the State of ND and royalty owners their shares of the 2.3 million a day the oil companies could be saving, and that also includes extraction tax money that would go to pay down the school portion of property taxes statewide, so everyone pays more. That isn't counting the cost of Law Enforcement efforts in the area, over 10 million now, nor damage to infrastructure or the extra expense for locals to go around the protest area, when possible, to avoid it.

C S Lewis

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #32 on: November 27, 2016, 01:43:20 am »
17 Oaks wrote:
"Our congress has elevated the status of minorities to "Protected Class".  Its IMPOSSIBLE to have a unified society when we have Federal laws giving minorities special rights and protection.  There is no inclusion, never will be until those laws are repealed..."

Yes.
And that's why for the past couple of years on this board I've posted several times that the Civil Rights Act of 1964 was one of the most destructive laws passed in our nation's history.

Aside:
Same goes for the Voting Rights Act.

Offline 17 Oaks

• The Ranch in S Texas
« Reply #33 on: November 27, 2016, 04:44:24 pm »
17 Oaks wrote:
"Our congress has elevated the status of minorities to "Protected Class".  Its IMPOSSIBLE to have a unified society when we have Federal laws giving minorities special rights and protection.  There is no inclusion, never will be until those laws are repealed..."

Yes.
And that's why for the past couple of years on this board I've posted several times that the Civil Rights Act of 1964 was one of the most destructive laws passed in our nation's history.

Aside:
YES, then it was compounded by the addition of the Thought Control Laws by Congress...AKA Hate Crime Laws.  Hate Crime laws totally negate the US Constitution.  The reason why is Hate Crime Laws have as their bases, WHAT????  What ever the govt wants to say is HATE.  Since the GOVT is making the rules about how and what you THINK then at the stroke of a pen every one who does not own an electric car will be charged with a hate crime, or will drink Soylent Green the Authorized Govt FOOD will be charged with a hate crime.

Af if there is ANYONE on here that thinks this cannot and will not ever happen I suggest you open the windows and let the smoke out from that crack pipe...
Don:  Got here thru God, Guns and Guts, I speak John Wayne, Johnny Cash and John Deere; this make ME: Christian, Conservative, Capitalist, Constitutionalist...

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
« Reply #34 on: November 27, 2016, 06:09:33 pm »
@debrawiest   @SZonian  If y'all check here, there are links to gofundme accounts where the protesters are raising money. http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,230260.msg1151063.html#msg1151063  Just type in "Standing Rock" on the go fund me site and there are over 500 of them, and estimates are that they have raised over 2 million dollars there alone. I reckon the same sort of stuff is being used to call for donations elsewhere, and I have little doubt Soros money is in there somewhere.

Considering this pipeline would move about half of the oil being produced from the Bakken/Three Forks formations (or, more accurately, half the oil produced in North Dakota--the #2 oil producing state), someone is making a lot of money every day the pipeline is delayed and that oil goes out by rail instead (BNSF). Warren Buffett is a big shareholder in BNSF, and an alleged pal of Obama.
Wonder why delays from on high? There's the answer.

In the meantime, every day of delay costs the State of ND and royalty owners their shares of the 2.3 million a day the oil companies could be saving, and that also includes extraction tax money that would go to pay down the school portion of property taxes statewide, so everyone pays more. That isn't counting the cost of Law Enforcement efforts in the area, over 10 million now, nor damage to infrastructure or the extra expense for locals to go around the protest area, when possible, to avoid it.
@Smokin Joe @debrawiest

Interesting read...

http://www.thv11.com/news/local-sheriff-shares-testimony-from-north-dakota-experience/346183392
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

Offline 17 Oaks

• The Ranch in S Texas
« Reply #35 on: November 27, 2016, 10:24:55 pm »
What you are seeing in ND is on the level of mentality of young teens not getting there way, so they throw a tanturm.  Best thing to do is a announcement that if you are here in 24 hrs you will be arrested and charges with multiple offenses and you will go to jail, the state will press max charges and the DA will go for max time in prison and no BAIL.

Then drive off taking all LEO with you and saying will see you tomorrow at high noon

I do not know what fate awaits me
I only know I must be braveAnd I must face a man who hates meOr lie a coward, a craven cowardOr lie a coward in my grave
High Noon staring Gary Cooper

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #36 on: November 28, 2016, 12:05:11 am »
@Smokin Joe @debrawiest

Interesting read...

http://www.thv11.com/news/local-sheriff-shares-testimony-from-north-dakota-experience/346183392
Yes, thanks. That pretty much ties in with all we have heard up to the end of October. The propane bombs are the latest development, although the protesters are saying the police were using concussion grenades. (The police don't have concussion grenades, but they found the propane bottles used and one appears to have some meat on it--DNA shouldn't be too hard to test if that assessment is correct.)

C S Lewis

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #37 on: November 28, 2016, 01:56:11 am »
17 Oaks wrote:

Yes.

Aside:

"Minorities" is a misnomer as many times they are not.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington