Author Topic: WOW! Rick Perry Supposedly Supports A Primary Challenge To Ted Cruz  (Read 15054 times)

Online corbe

Re: WOW! Rick Perry Supposedly Supports A Primary Challenge To Ted Cruz
« Reply #50 on: November 02, 2016, 02:04:43 am »
And Donald Trump has been a bunch of words, but not at all a real pro-life leader.

But Perry has Danced and Donald just sat there and said you're Fired, I 'll give the cookie to the Dancer (as much as I hate to)
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #51 on: November 02, 2016, 03:02:28 am »
   But Perry has Danced and Donald just sat there and said you're Fired, I 'll give the cookie to the Dancer (as much as I hate to)

I hear Perry wasn't bad for a non-dancer.  Has anyone ever seen The Donald dance?  Don't recall seeing a picture of that.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Online corbe

« Reply #52 on: November 02, 2016, 03:38:46 am »

Mike McCaul RESPONDS to rumors Rick Perry told him to challenge Ted Cruz in 2018!

Nov. 1, 2016 6:04 pm by SooperMexican • 271 Comments   

Rick Perry’s Trumpian vendetta against his former pal Ted Cruz looks like it might carry over into 2018 if the rumors from the Texas Tribune are to be believed. According to them, Rick Perry told Republican Mike McCaul that he should run against the Cruznado.

Here’s how Mike McCaul responded today:

Video at Link

He doesn’t sound too committed to it, but he doesn’t deny it either. And in the original report from the Texas Tribune, Rick Perry didn’t deny it either.

I really think it’s a silly prospect and it’s no wonder the left-leaning media is encouraging the in-fighting. While Cruz’s popularity might have taken a hit for not endorsing Trump and then flip flopping and endorsing, I bet by the time that election rolls around a primary challenge won’t have a chance. The only chance for this is if Trump wins and goes after Cruz, which is pretty likely since his only principle seems to be that of seeking revenge against those who slighted him.

http://therightscoop.com/mike-mccaul-responds-rumors-rick-perry-told-challenge-ted-cruz-2018/
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline American Faith Today

« Reply #53 on: November 02, 2016, 05:20:04 am »
Mike McCaul RESPONDS to rumors Rick Perry told him to challenge Ted Cruz in 2018!

Rick Perry’s Trumpian vendetta against his former pal Ted Cruz looks like it might carry over into 2018 if the rumors from the Texas Tribune are to be believed. According to them, Rick Perry told Republican Mike McCaul that he should run against the Cruznado.

Video at Link

He doesn’t sound too committed to it, but he doesn’t deny it either. And in the original report from the Texas Tribune, Rick Perry didn’t deny it either.

I really think it’s a silly prospect and it’s no wonder the left-leaning media is encouraging the in-fighting. While Cruz’s popularity might have taken a hit for not endorsing Trump and then flip flopping and endorsing, I bet by the time that election rolls around a primary challenge won’t have a chance. The only chance for this is if Trump wins and goes after Cruz, which is pretty likely since his only principle seems to be that of seeking revenge against those who slighted him.

http://therightscoop.com/mike-mccaul-responds-rumors-rick-perry-told-challenge-ted-cruz-2018/

I almost wish he would.  Let the idiot go after Ted Cruz, Jeff Flake(whether he's good or not), Lindsey Graham(again, in this case good doesn't matter), Mike Lee, John McCain, Ben Sasse, and just for old time's sake if he's going to go after Ted, Rand Paul and Marco Rubio.

Then everyone who voted for him can wonder just why in the world nothing he wants gets throw Congress, even if they maintain a Republican majority.

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #54 on: November 02, 2016, 12:06:30 pm »
2 years is a long time from now.
I remember when Perry was a Democrat.
Things change.
Perry will most like hold fund raiser for vets, and stay out of the fray.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #55 on: November 02, 2016, 12:14:31 pm »
Perry's onto something, he's much more accomplished himself, McCaul has been vocal against terrorists, Cruz has been too big of a pal of Goldman Sachs and the Council of Foreign Relations, falling into the New World Order cabal with evil forces like the Bushes.

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #56 on: November 02, 2016, 12:24:56 pm »
Perry's onto something, he's much more accomplished himself, McCaul has been vocal against terrorists, Cruz has been too big of a pal of Goldman Sachs and the Council of Foreign Relations, falling into the New World Order cabal with evil forces like the Bushes.

McCaul ain't all that.

McCaul, along with John Culberson and Ted Poe, were attempting to remove the right of deceased soldiers families to choose which prayers, if any, were to be read at a soldier's funeral. The three politicians were said to be attempting to impose Christian ceremonies on the military funerals of everybody who has served in the military, regardless of whether or not the deceased was Christian and with or without the consent of the family of the deceased.

In September 2013, McCaul said that he would trust Russians rather than Americans to account for Syria's chemical weapons stockpile.He did say that the monitoring and destruction of the chemical weapons in Syria would have to be overseen by an international commission of the United Nations, emphasizing that Putin and Russia have superior leverage over Syria to better accomplish the removal of WMD from the Syrian arsenal.

So who's your "globalist", anti-1st amendment guy now?

BTW, the Goldman Sachs thing is just plain goofy.
Trump has 2 guys high on his payroll that were higher ranking in Goldman Sachs (Bannon and Mnuchin)  than Heidi Cruz ever will be, and nobody cares, either way.
Nobody really cares.
Goldman Sachs employees are not inherently evil, unless, of course, their last name is Cruz?
Ridiculous.

FYI, look over there, you are running against Hillary.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #57 on: November 02, 2016, 12:26:28 pm »
Actually, this isn't new.  Before the convention, I heard a version of this story  that had Rick Perry himself challenging Ted Cruz for the Senate.  I suppose it was meant to frighten Ted Cruz into endorsing Trump.  I think that's the reason Ted Cruz the over his family, his supporters and the good of America to endorse Trump.  Cruz wants to be re-elected to the Senate and he may have felt he would have no chance if he didn't back the nominee. 

I don't live in Texas, but in talking to people who do -- I think Ted Cruz still has enough support to win re-election.  However, in supporting Trump, he may have killed whatever chances he may have had to win the presidency, should he decide to run again. 

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #58 on: November 02, 2016, 12:27:04 pm »

No doubt about it, you urinate orange.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #59 on: November 02, 2016, 12:38:20 pm »
Actually, this isn't new.  Before the convention, I heard a version of this story  that had Rick Perry himself challenging Ted Cruz for the Senate.  I suppose it was meant to frighten Ted Cruz into endorsing Trump.  I think that's the reason Ted Cruz the over his family, his supporters and the good of America to endorse Trump.  Cruz wants to be re-elected to the Senate and he may have felt he would have no chance if he didn't back the nominee. 

I don't live in Texas, but in talking to people who do -- I think Ted Cruz still has enough support to win re-election.  However, in supporting Trump, he may have killed whatever chances he may have had to win the presidency, should he decide to run again.

Double-edge sword, isn't it?
If he didn't support the party's nominee, he may lose the party's support if he runs for POTUS again.
I agree that his senate seat should be safe.

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #60 on: November 02, 2016, 12:49:12 pm »

Not if Trump is the President NeverTrumpers expect him to be. 70 YO leopards can't change their spots.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline wolfcreek

« Reply #61 on: November 02, 2016, 12:52:41 pm »
Not True.  CruzT said he was endorsing Trump and he encouraged everybody to vote for Trump.  That's all in.

I voted for McMullin.  I guess that's "useless and gutless" to you.

I live in Texas and will see who primaries Cruz.  I've never liked Cruz, so there's that.

I like McCall. No nonsense kind of pol.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #62 on: November 02, 2016, 12:57:44 pm »

Tinfoil may be a bit tight this morning.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #63 on: November 02, 2016, 01:25:20 pm »

You and just a few others might be the last people in the country who still buy Trump's primary BS lock stock & barrel.

If Trump were standing here right now I believe he'd call you a sap.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #64 on: November 02, 2016, 01:43:31 pm »

Video at Link

I believe the threat from Trump and those in Congress who supported him was in part the reason Cruz stated he was voting for Trump.  Trump holds grudges.  He also threatened Kasich; but Kasich reaches his term limit in 2018.  I believe Ryan supported him for much the same reason.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline guitar4jesus

• Yup...
« Reply #65 on: November 02, 2016, 02:05:13 pm »
I hear Perry wasn't bad for a non-dancer.  Has anyone ever seen The Donald dance?  Don't recall seeing a picture of that.

FWIW....

Offline Longmire

« Reply #67 on: November 02, 2016, 02:32:36 pm »

It will be interesting to see if the Democrats try to use any of that stuff against Cruz...he sure won't be running for reelection as an outsider with grass roots support.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #68 on: November 02, 2016, 11:35:29 pm »
Michael McCaul has an F rating (56%) on the CR scorecard.

Not sure why anyone in their right mind would want to replace one of the most conservative members of Congress with a milquetoast Cornyn clone.

Unless of course they were never really a conservative to begin with.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline chae

« Reply #69 on: November 02, 2016, 11:38:14 pm »
Governor Gardasil needs to sit down and shut up.

Offline Longmire

« Reply #70 on: November 03, 2016, 12:47:15 am »
And Donald Trump has been a bunch of words, but not at all a real pro-life leader.

Yet Trump is miles ahead of Clinton on this issue, and we know one of those two will be elected.  :pondering:

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #71 on: November 03, 2016, 12:03:58 pm »

Not sure why anyone in their right mind would want to replace one of the most conservative members of Congress with a milquetoast Cornyn clone.

The only thing I've heard McCaul say that is conservative is that he wants to impeach Clinton if see is elected.
He's just started that, and I imagine it is just to get the name recognition, at this point.
He comes out against terrorism, now and again, but really, but find me someone who is for it?

Also, his legislative claim to fame:

On December 11, 2013, McCaul introduced the National Cybersecurity and Critical Infrastructure Protection Act of 2013 (H.R. 3696; 113th Congress), a bill that would amend the Homeland Security Act of 2002 to require the Secretary of the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) to conduct cybersecurity activities on behalf of the federal government and would codify the role of DHS in preventing and responding to cybersecurity incidents involving the Information Technology (IT) systems of federal civilian agencies and critical infrastructure in the United States. McCaul said that the bill was "an important step toward addressing the cyber threat." According to McCaul, the bill "establishes a true partnership between DHS and the private sector to ensure the distribution of real-time cyber threat information in order to secure our nation in cyberspace without burdensome mandates or regulations.

So he is basically asking Homeland Security to monitor the internet.
That's a bit scary.
Does he really want to open that door?
The party in power gets to decide who is in charge of Homeland Security.
Just who will they monitor?
Is he saying no one does it now?
Or, is he for adding another bureaucratic layer?

« Last Edit: November 03, 2016, 12:04:18 pm by GrouchoTex »

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #72 on: November 03, 2016, 12:10:37 pm »
I'll never forget Perry saying that you were heartless for not supporting in state tuition for illegals.

He's a loser.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #73 on: November 03, 2016, 12:12:29 pm »

This election has uncovered some real ideological posers, if nothing else.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #74 on: November 03, 2016, 12:35:03 pm »

I saw that about CR, however, 'OntheIssues.Org' has given him a hard core conservative rating.  Obviously a definite conflict in ratings; I haven't researched any further.  But I tend to side with the rating from Conservative Review.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.