Author Topic: To Anti-Trumpsters (a Burma Shave Poem)  (Read 45569 times)

Offline aligncare

Re: To Anti-Trumpsters (a Burma Shave Poem)
« Reply #175 on: November 03, 2016, 05:14:56 pm »

Anticipating your comeback: these numbers are well beyond the margin of error....

Offline aligncare

« Reply #176 on: November 03, 2016, 05:17:49 pm »
I think "lame" is mean spirited and hurtful.  Not sure about "idealist".  Context is important there, I think.

I was just about to use the word "lame" in my above response to sink, but changed it at the last minute. I hadn't see your post yet. Isn't that an interesting coincidence? I was about to say "lame comeback" but thought better.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2016, 05:19:48 pm by aligncare »

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #177 on: November 03, 2016, 05:18:03 pm »
Tell me sink, don't you ever get tired of being wrong?

Rasmussen.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #178 on: November 03, 2016, 05:20:46 pm »
...well beyond the margin of error, or polling company incompetence or shenanigans. In other words, Trump wins Utah.

You were wrong again #NeverTrump.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2016, 05:21:10 pm by aligncare »

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
« Reply #179 on: November 03, 2016, 05:47:06 pm »
Yes.  It is just a lame label from a lame cultist.
Didn't lame, like, quite being, like a useful insult, like 15 years ago anyways.  :whistle:
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #180 on: November 03, 2016, 05:53:02 pm »
Didn't lame, like, quite being, like a useful insult, like 15 years ago anyways.  :whistle:

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #181 on: November 03, 2016, 05:54:30 pm »
Trump won Dixie like no non-incumbent has in memory, someone call him a yankee?

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #182 on: November 03, 2016, 06:41:41 pm »
Trump won Dixie like no non-incumbent has in memory, someone call him a yankee?
Burn, baby burn? Reminiscent of Sherman?

Oh yeah, the Carpetbagger coalition.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #183 on: November 03, 2016, 10:20:31 pm »
I think "lame" is mean spirited and hurtful.  Not sure about "idealist".  Context is important there, I think.

That was a lame attempt at even lamer humor.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

« Reply #184 on: November 03, 2016, 10:56:01 pm »
That was a lame attempt at even lamer humor.
Just keep limping along, you'll be back on your feet in no time.
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #185 on: November 03, 2016, 11:50:41 pm »
Just keep limping along, you'll be back on your feet in no time.

Heh. I see what you did there. Now that was lame.

:beer:

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

« Reply #186 on: November 03, 2016, 11:54:22 pm »
Lame humor. That reminds me of this.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #187 on: November 04, 2016, 12:18:51 am »

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #188 on: November 04, 2016, 12:24:30 am »
Does this mean Burma Shave is the new Dem Plants?
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
« Reply #189 on: November 04, 2016, 01:04:47 am »
Does this mean Burma Shave is the new Dem Plants?

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline LateForLunch

• GOTWALMA Get Out of the Way and Leave Me Alone! (Nods to Teebone)
« Reply #190 on: November 04, 2016, 02:37:56 pm »
As I mentioned in my last substantive post about three pages and an ocean of spewing of sadistic, deranged, embarrassingly odd Anti-Trumpster hate-back, I knew that there would continue to be a flood of outraged, desperate defenses, sneering over-the-top accusations, hair-on-fire vituperations all designed to keep reality at bay and ameliorate the well-deserved sense of shame that the Anti-Trumpster brigade very naturally feel about throwing their voting franchise away in one huge collective vomit/defecation tantrum.

Here is a topically cogent reality, restated: There is no way that anyone can possibly convince me or any other normal human being that there is absolutely no decent chance that Trump will be a significantly better president than Hill-O-Lies.

Now, let's review how the barking, grunting, psychotic hate-fest all began (and has gone one for what now? 200 posts!!) because I, a genuine conservative, (as I think most of you anti-Trumpsters are not) posted a humorous poem critical of the anti-Trump movement , then had the audacity to respond substantively to a few of the vituperations with emphatic refutations/explanations etc. That's all I did. That's it.

The subsequent lunacy directed at me, my character and my intentions in posting that poem has undergone a fascinating evolution. At first the accusations were merely that I was wrong, wrong-headed, of deficient character/intellect, very foolish or oblivious. Then later, when I ignored most of these odd ejaculations from the volcano of lunacy that the anti-Trumpsters put forth (because frankly they were too numerous and ever-changing to respond to item-by-item without a full-time clerical staff to assist me), the flood became gradually more odd.

Most-lately I am a "plant" from the democrats (who stridently OPPOSE Mr. Trump  the last time I checked, as do all of you nice people). So again, there is a serious cognitive dissonance in this specific vituperation. Get it together folks! How on Earth is any undecided reader to be convinced that you all have your fingers firmly on the pulse of reality when you can't get your vituperations to align with a consistent, progressive trajectory?

And I'm STILL waiting for someone to explain how Trump can be horribly inconsistent and also horribly predictable at the same time!!! You're all not sure what he will do from moment to moment, but you know for an absolute certainty that he will be a horrible president - even as you admit that you don't have any idea what he will actually do!! As far as I have had it explained to me by those who deal in reality, one cannot be both incorrigibly, chronically, UNpredictable and also incorrigibly, chronically predictable at the same time. It must (at least in this universe) be one or the other.

So, which is it !?!  A substantive response from someone who manages to stop spewing mindless, ridiculous overly-angry nonsense, wipe off the froth and the slobber long enough to post a consistent, coherent sentence would be appreciated.

There was a woman in the jungle
 And a monkey on a tree.
 The Anti-Trump Brigade it was followin' me.
 They can't stop what they're doing
  'Cause they've caught a disease
  It's called "schizoaffective rage"
  'Senses 'taken their leave their leave,
  Their leave, their leave, their leave...

(LFL fires off staring pistol for a third time).

« Last Edit: November 04, 2016, 03:03:16 pm by LateForLunch »
GOTWALMA Get out of the way and leave me alone! (Nods to General Teebone)

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #191 on: November 04, 2016, 03:03:07 pm »
Here is a topically cogent reality, restated: There is no way that anyone can possibly convince me or any other normal human being that there is absolutely no decent chance that Trump will be a significantly better president than Hill-O-Lies.
And therein lies your problem.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline ShadowAce

« Reply #192 on: November 04, 2016, 03:07:21 pm »
@LateForLunch

What color is the sky in your world?

Offline musiclady

« Reply #193 on: November 04, 2016, 03:20:53 pm »
@LateForLunch

What color is the sky in your world?

I think he may be looking up at a padded ceiling.

This last rant is clearly not founded in reality.

What is his purpose here anyway?  He just looks crazy to rational people..........
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline LateForLunch

« Reply #194 on: November 04, 2016, 03:26:32 pm »
wow that didn't take long! Posting to you all is like pushing the button on a vomit-dispensing machine! A more predictable group I have rarely if ever seen!

bumpty dumpty the Anti-Trumpster bump!
« Last Edit: November 04, 2016, 03:28:23 pm by LateForLunch »

Offline musiclady

« Reply #195 on: November 04, 2016, 04:06:24 pm »
wow that didn't take long! Posting to you all is like pushing the button on a vomit-dispensing machine! A more predictable group I have rarely if ever seen!

bumpty dumpty the Anti-Trumpster bump!

Just lucky timing.

I happened to get online, and there was your hatred staring me in the face.

Anger management counseling might help you out, son.

You're as hostile as anyone I've ever seen on this forum.

And that's really saying something.

(Maybe just a Calgon bubble bath will get you started with the calming down process).

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline musiclady

« Reply #196 on: November 04, 2016, 04:23:55 pm »
LFL is funny.  "Ze" is so amazed at the predictability of people.  Hmm....let's see...spewing hatred toward others gets a fast responds.  How utterly shocking!  LOL  :shrug:

He's playing games, but the only person who's falling for his schtick is himself.

Besides, didn't he say he had posted his last post on this thread?  Guess he had more hate filled condescension to spew.

Sad fellow..... and in love with a sexual predator.  Must be a tough existence...  **nononono*

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #197 on: November 04, 2016, 04:34:53 pm »
As I mentioned in my last substantive post about three pages and an ocean of spewing of sadistic, deranged, embarrassingly odd Anti-Trumpster hate-back, I knew that there would continue to be a flood of outraged, desperate defenses, sneering over-the-top accusations, hair-on-fire vituperations all designed to keep reality at bay and ameliorate the well-deserved sense of shame that the Anti-Trumpster brigade very naturally feel about throwing their voting franchise away in one huge collective vomit/defecation tantrum.
First you make the flawed assumption that those who advocate a return of the Federal Government to within the scope of its original Constitutional Duties and powers had/have any "voting franchise" with the GOP or the current POTUS candidate. To assume that a group which has been routinely ignored with the exception of entreaties for donations and empty promises in election years is in any way enfranchised is in error.

Let me put it in another way. If you want steak, continuing to go to McDonald's or Hardees isn't going to load you up with a porterhouse. Claiming that either of those concerns is operating in your best interest when what you want simply isn't on the menu is ludicrous.

You want fries wit' dat?

Okay, there is no way anyone could convince you. I'll leave "normal" human beings out of this, partly because "normal" is a statistical phenomenon dependent on the study group, and because you are presuming to speak for that group without having the ability, I assume, to read their minds.
Now, let's review how the barking, grunting, psychotic hate-fest all began (and has gone one for what now? 200 posts!!) because I, a genuine conservative, (as I think most of you anti-Trumpsters are not) posted a humorous poem critical of the anti-Trump movement , then had the audacity to respond substantively to a few of the vituperations with emphatic refutations/explanations etc. That's all I did. That's it.

The subsequent lunacy directed at me, my character and my intentions in posting that poem has undergone a fascinating evolution. At first the accusations were merely that I was wrong, wrong-headed, of deficient character/intellect, very foolish or oblivious. Then later, when I ignored most of these odd ejaculations from the volcano of lunacy that the anti-Trumpsters put forth (because frankly they were too numerous and ever-changing to respond to item-by-item without a full-time clerical staff to assist me), the flood became gradually more odd.
Some saw it as a novelty, some as another poke in already irritated sides by a group of people who just won't quit with their long history of vituperation, despite having been civilly dealt with, who have driven people from web fora, who have physically threatened in some instances people for harboring a different political opinion. By embracing that vituperation and directing it at folks who won't vote for that guy, you place yourself in league with them and that willful association makes you as guilty as other participants in the eyes of those who have been so accosted ad infinitum this election season. If you don't want to be counted in those ranks, don't wear the uniform, but if you do, you can expect to be treated as an adversary.
Most-lately I am a "plant" from the democrats (who stridently OPPOSE Mr. Trump  the last time I checked, as do all of you nice people). So again, there is a serious cognitive dissonance in this specific vituperation. Get it together folks! How on Earth is any undecided reader to be convinced that you all have your fingers firmly on the pulse of reality when you can't get your vituperations to align with a consistent, progressive trajectory?
Ah yes, many conspiracy theories abound where the actions of people don't flange up with their stated intent. If you support Trump, why the incessant attacks on those who do not? No attempt to woo, no flowers and chocolates, just a 'grab them by the netherbits' approach?  One of the most consistent inconsistencies of the Trump campaign is the unending attack on those who at first expressed reservations about voting for Trump. Trump supporters did as much or more than their candidate to create the #NEVERTRUMP movement, by alienating, berating, and threatening people they should have been trying to convince to vote for their candidate. Maybe that's a "New York Values" thingy, where you threaten those who won't come along willingly to whack them in line, but it just doesn't play with people who have a long history of not being intimidated, and that's a common characteristic in flyover country. We get our back up when someone threatens us, and insulting us is no way to gain our support, heartfelt or grudging.
And I'm STILL waiting for someone to explain how Trump can be horribly inconsistent and also horribly predictable at the same time!!! You're all not sure what he will do from moment to moment, but you know for an absolute certainty that he will be a horrible president - even as you admit that you don't have any idea what he will actually do!! As far as I have had it explained to me by those who deal in reality, one cannot be both incorrigibly, chronically, UNpredictable and also incorrigibly, chronically predictable at the same time. It must (at least in this universe) be one or the other.
Look at it as a Heisenberg coefficient. Some things are predictably unpredictable, that is they will, with a 99.99% probability remain within certain parameters, but cannot be predicted to be in a certain spot at a given time.

Trump has a much lower predictability rate, which makes him predictably UNpredictable--to a point.

If you can't wrap your head around that, well, I can't help you.

Even with things like nuclear decay, there is a set of statistical parameters which render the process predictable. In Trump's case, though instead of billions of atoms acting as a statistical group, there is one person, one person who might have at his control things like strategic forces (nuclear), naval assets, ICBMs, the foreign policy of our nation, and other critical systems at his behest, who is predictably unpredictable.

That is not a good situation, especially since some bounding parameters of that unpredictability cannot be definitively established. Not the levels of failure one would want to do rank experimentation with, not the place to experiment with parameters, and despite Constitutional constraints, an incredible amount of damage could be done before some out of spec action or statement could be backpedaled.

So, which is it !?!  A substantive response from someone who manages to stop spewing mindless, ridiculous overly-angry nonsense, wipe off the froth and the slobber long enough to post a consistent, coherent sentence would be appreciated.
See the above, and don't be trapped by the bifurcated mentality of either-or assumptions. It is both, in that he is predictably unpredictable, but that aspect has the additional problem of parameters which are, in and of themselves, unpredictable. So while it is sure that his behaviour will be unpredictable, it is not predictable to what degree nor in what direction that unpredictability will manifest itself. That is unbelievably dangerous, considering the amount of power that would be at his discretion, even momentarily.
There was a woman in the jungle
 And a monkey on a tree.
 The Anti-Trump Brigade it was followin' me.
 They can't stop what they're doing
  'Cause they've caught a disease
  It's called "schizoaffective rage"
  'Senses 'taken their leave their leave,
  Their leave, their leave, their leave...

(LFL fires off staring pistol for a third time).
I'll just say this. You request a rational response and then post your little inflammatory dirge.
Somehow, within that cognitive disconnect, I think I see the problem.

If you assume that somehow we are the ones who have the cognitive disorder, that might be self-affirming for you, but it has irretrievably biased your attempt (assuming such is in earnest) to decipher why you are having difficulty understanding why your inflammatory posts are the subject of derision.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2016, 04:38:13 pm by Smokin Joe »

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline LateForLunch

« Reply #198 on: November 04, 2016, 05:44:57 pm »
Problem! Problem! Problem!
The problem is YOU!!!- Johnny Lydon (Public Image)

Bumpty-dumpty the anti-Trumpster bump

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #199 on: November 04, 2016, 05:48:22 pm »
Problem! Problem! Problem!
The problem is YOU!!!- Johnny Lydon (Public Image)

Bumpty-dumpty the anti-Trumpster bump
Ah yes, we now return to our regularly scheduled nonsense.

C S Lewis