Author Topic: To Anti-Trumpsters (a Burma Shave Poem)  (Read 45438 times)

Offline sinkspur

Re: To Anti-Trumpsters (a Burma Shave Poem)
« Reply #75 on: November 01, 2016, 02:28:41 pm »
I want to thank all who participated in this thread.

It was my hope to see on display exactly what I saw – your true natures and soul (or lack of it) revealed for all to see. With only one or two exceptions (you know who you are and may God bless you for your classiness) you Anti-Trumpsters have outdone yourselves and not disappointed in the slightest on this thread! Hopefully others who may be undecided will recall this shameful spectacle when they vote.

We have seen the scornful, derisive self-assurance of the committed nihilists! Indulging in morbid fantasies and calling it “realism”. Foretelling the future and making absolutist positive declarations of other’s motives as if one can read minds in one moment, then condemning the candidate in the next as “obviously crazy”.

Peppering justifications for resigning from any meaningful participation in the political process with odd, self-contradicting flights of “logic” : first “the candidate is unpredictable and cannot be trusted,” then in the next breath swearing to God and all men, “we know with certainty exactly what he will do”. Absurdity heaped upon absurdity.

And worst of all, the mountains of abusive vituperation against those who disagree (no matter how politely, they are Cretinously insulted, marginalized, dehumanized) – these sort who accept gracious praise from tolerant others who support the candidate and yield their reasons on request! Amid their admissions of the candidate's flaws, admissions of inconsistent past behavior, admissions of imperfections scowling walk the condemners too self important to find humility or doubt in themselves!  The jaded scoffers who hoard these concessions to bland reality like greedy villagers gathering lumps of metal to sequester, gloat, marvel over and finger in private ecstasy cooing and drooling.

And gathering together in a loose fraternity of hate – lofting up hopelessness like a banner of glory – GIVE UP!! They cry!  THERE IS NO HOPE!!

Heroic.

A graceful powerful swan dive off a cliff edge onto the rocks!  Like the Spartans of Thermopylae turned craven, shrugging their shoulders, and deriding their King - barking over their shoulders as they wander off to be overrun by the Persians one town at a time, “You can’t be trusted, Leonidas! You have skeletons in your closet and you give up too easily! We are going to wait for a perfect leader as we are perfect. Call us back when you are a good, worthy person as we are, but not before!! Until then, we will show you and all others so audacious as to venture to defend the land, our back!! We are too good for the likes of you We will find our glorious destiny in making seats of our hands!!

Selah.

It's just a website.  And your multi-syllabic exercise in patting yourself on the back means no more than anyone else's views here.

This screed reminds me of the crazy guy in downtown Dallas who is always preaching the end of the world.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #76 on: November 01, 2016, 02:29:13 pm »
Here's a little poem from a #NeverTrumper to the author of this thread.

Roses are red
Violets are blue
You're a moron.

"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Oceander

« Reply #77 on: November 01, 2016, 02:29:53 pm »

It was my hope to see on display exactly what I saw – your true natures and soul (or lack of it) revealed for all to see. With only one or two exceptions (you know who you are and may God bless you for your classiness) you Anti-Trumpsters have outdone yourselves and not disappointed in the slightest on this thread! Hopefully others who may be undecided will recall this shameful spectacle when they vote.

We have seen the scornful, derisive self-assurance of the committed nihilists! Indulging in morbid fantasies and calling it “realism”. Foretelling the future and making absolutist positive declarations of other’s motives as if one can read minds in one moment, then condemning the candidate in the next as “obviously crazy”.

Peppering justifications for resigning from any meaningful participation in the political process with odd, self-contradicting flights of “logic” : first “the candidate is unpredictable and cannot be trusted,” then in the next breath swearing to God and all men, “we know with certainty exactly what he will do”. Absurdity heaped upon absurdity.

And worst of all, the mountains of abusive vituperation against those who disagree (no matter how politely, they are Cretinously insulted, marginalized, dehumanized) – these sort who accept gracious praise from tolerant others who support the candidate and yield their reasons on request! Amid their admissions of the candidate's flaws, admissions of inconsistent past behavior, admissions of imperfections scowling walk the condemners too self important to find humility or doubt in themselves!  The jaded scoffers who hoard these concessions to bland reality like greedy villagers gathering lumps of metal to sequester, gloat, marvel over and finger in private ecstasy cooing and drooling.

And gathering together in a loose fraternity of hate – lofting up hopelessness like a banner of glory – GIVE UP!! They cry!  THERE IS NO HOPE!!

Heroic.

A graceful powerful swan dive off a cliff edge onto the rocks!  Like the Spartans of Thermopylae turned craven, shrugging their shoulders, and deriding their King - barking over their shoulders as they wander off to be overrun by the Persians one town at a time, “You can’t be trusted, Leonidas! You have skeletons in your closet and you give up too easily! We are going to wait for a perfect leader as we are perfect. Call us back when you are a good, worthy person as we are, but not before!! Until then, we will show you and all others so audacious as to venture to defend the land, our back!! We are too good for the likes of you We will find our glorious destiny in making seats of our hands!!

Selah. 

/snicker

And yet, here you are.  :whistle:

Offline aligncare

« Reply #78 on: November 01, 2016, 02:34:21 pm »
More supernatural powers eh? How the heck would you know what I intended by posting a humorous dig at anti-Trumpsters? To be honest I wanted to stimulate a conversation not necessarily to change minds (since most of those who have responded seem to be fanatics who have no inclination to alter their choice) but to demonstrate how devoid of rational substance the anti=-Trump arguments really are. Nobody will answer simple questions with simple answers - they try to obfuscate and confuse with verbiage and lofty rhetoric but make no substantive points. They dance but never advance. So careful with that ax claiming moral superiority and keen insight,  Eugene. It cuts both ways. If we would speak of being thin-skinned, what of you and others who go absolutely ape-sh*t because of a humorous poem. I mean, just review and count all of the unprovoked, crude, personal insults in the first ten response posts then tell me that I was the one complaining or insulting too much.  You are entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts, Chatelaine.

My apologies. Seems I'm the one who is behind the curve. You obviously have a clear understanding of what you're up against.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #79 on: November 01, 2016, 02:37:03 pm »

Conservatives who won't vote for a liberal. Imagine that.

Too bad for you that you cannot defend your candidate according to Conservative principles.
Maybe go try to convince the liberals - He's more their type. Maybe you can harangue them into discarding their hapless principles - Very few of theirs would need to be sacrificed.

As for me, like so many others here, I will stick with Conservatism. I sleep just fine at night knowing that I have an actual Conservative to vote *for*.

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #80 on: November 01, 2016, 02:38:33 pm »
I want to thank all who participated in this thread. It was my hope to see on display exactly what I saw – your true natures and soul (or lack of it) revealed for all to see. Anti-Trumpsters you have outdone yourselves and not disappointed in the slightest! Scornful, derisive self-assurance of the committed nihilists Indulging in morbid fantasies and calling it “realism”. Foretelling the future and making absolutist positive declarations of other’s motives as if one can read minds in one moment, then condemning the candidate in the next as “obviously crazy”. Peppering justifications for resigning from any meaningful participation in the political process with odd, self-contradicting flights of “logic” : first “the candidate is unpredictable and cannot be trusted,” then in the next breath swearing to yourselves and all, “ we know with certainty exactly what he will do”. Absurdity heaped upon absurdity. And worst of all, the mountains of abusive vituperation against those who disagree (no matter how politely, they are always insulted and dehumanized) – these sort who accept gracious praise from tolerant others who support the candidate and yield their reasons on request, amid admissions of flaws, admissions of inconsistent past behavior, admissions of imperfections and yet the jaded scoffer hoard these concessions to bland reality like greedy villagers gathering lumps of gold to sequester, gloat, marvel over and finger in private ecstasy  cooing and drooling. And gathering together in a loose fraternity of hate – lofting up hopelessness like a banner of glory – GIVE UP!! They cry!  THERE IS NO HOPE!! Heroic.  A graceful powerful swan dive off a cliff edge onto the rocks!  Like the Spartans of Thermopylae shrugging their shoulders, and deriding their King - barking over their shoulders as they wander off to be overrun by the Persians one town at a time, “You can’t be trusted, Leonidas! You have skeletons in your closet and you give up too easily! We are going to wait for a perfect leader as we are perfect. Call us back when you are a good, worthy person as we are, but not before!! Until then, we will show you and all others so audacious as to venture to defend the land, our back!! We are too good for the likes of you”!
Selah.
Paragraphs are your friends.
Therapy might be, too.
And please stay away from pointy objects and things that go bang.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Wingnut

« Reply #81 on: November 01, 2016, 02:53:14 pm »
Therapy might be, too.

I loved the righteous indignation.  A true sign of the Trumpanzee in his natural state.

Offline LateForLunch

• GOTWALMA Get Out of the Way and Leave Me Alone! (Nods to Teebone)
« Reply #82 on: November 01, 2016, 03:43:18 pm »
Thanks again. Even when you are all told that you are making a humiliating spectacle of yourselves, you continue because you can't help yourselves. This is what happens when people allow themselves to be driven by strong emotions instead of strong reason. They lose perspective and fall into self-indulgent self-congratulatory sadism which is both unseemly and utterly, absolutely ineffective at positively attracting others to their POV. I always knew that there was a small but significant contingent of people on the anti-leftist end of the political spectrum with whom I agreed on policy (and still do for the most part) but who had arrived at their positions by other means than I employ. I have now had a chance to see them in all of their glorious, self-adoring splendor. Again. BRAVO!! I can't easily thank you all enough for making my point for me far better than I ever could have myself. It is one thing to tell everyone that certain types of people are wrong- headed, overly angry and largely non-rational, another entirely for them to demonstrate it in livid, pulsating living color!   
GOTWALMA Get out of the way and leave me alone! (Nods to General Teebone)

Offline LateForLunch

« Reply #83 on: November 01, 2016, 03:44:45 pm »
Therapy might be, too.

Andy you nitwit. I posted it with paragraphs and the system didn't accept it, but instead reorganized it into a compact unit when you quoted it. Do try not to be a dolt, my good man!
« Last Edit: November 01, 2016, 03:59:24 pm by LateForLunch »

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #84 on: November 01, 2016, 03:48:14 pm »
Thanks again. Even when you are all told that you are making a humiliating spectacle of yourselves, you continue because you can't help yourselves. This is what happens when people allow themselves to be driven by strong emotions instead of strong reason.

Classic projection.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #85 on: November 01, 2016, 03:50:34 pm »

It was my hope to see on display exactly what I saw – your true natures and soul (or lack of it) revealed for all to see.

So you admit by your own words you are nothing but a pathetic troll, demanding attention while insulting at the same time.

Nice Alinsky-style projection BTW.

But we have come to expect that from the Trump militant.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline LateForLunch

« Reply #86 on: November 01, 2016, 03:50:58 pm »
I loved the righteous indignation.  A true sign of the Trumpanzee in his natural state.

hah hah more insults. I doubt that you love much beyond seeing your own opinions and those like them in print. Insults: the last refuge and first impulse of people with small intellect - why embrace that Cub fan? Cretinous insults and nothing but Cretinous insults. Bravo! Your towering intellect must be the marvel of your neighborhood. BTW, the World Series ends today. Surely unlike your  pointless, ill-mannered, Cyclopian miscreant sadism.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2016, 03:58:21 pm by LateForLunch »

Offline LateForLunch

« Reply #87 on: November 01, 2016, 03:55:55 pm »
/snicker

And yet, here you are.  :whistle:

hah hah true enough! But the question is "Why am I here?" There is a hint in the quoted post. BTW, yours were some of the more civilized posts, Oceander. I wonder if your fanatical anti-Trump brothers and sisters count that as a shameful thing and will turn on you eventually. Are they capable of learning as well as teaching since they do not lack for self-assurance? I suppose you shall see in time. I wish you and yours well, since it is likely we agree on all save the Trump issue and are both anti-Leftists tried and true! 

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #88 on: November 01, 2016, 04:05:48 pm »
Thanks again. Even when you are all told that you are making a humiliating spectacle of yourselves, you continue because you can't help yourselves.

Spectacle to whom?  There are less than a dozen of you rabid Trump militant trolls posting on this board.

This is what happens when people allow themselves to be driven by strong emotions instead of strong reason.

More projection.

Look bub - the Anti-Trumps do not require Safe Spaces and demand bannings of everyone who will not genuflect your prince.  Strong emotions sans strong reason?  It's you people who cannot handle any negative criticisms of your messiah - hence the Safe Spaces you demanded, because your emotional unhingement cannot tolerate debate or any facts that contradict the false narratives you've constructed for your wannabe savior.

They lose perspective and fall into self-indulgent self-congratulatory sadism which is both unseemly and utterly, absolutely ineffective at positively attracting others to their POV.

You didn't need us to win you said.  Why waste the time to rant and rave at those of us whom will not support your prince if you are so confident of your victory?  You've done nothing to attract anyone to your prince, save a constant stream of endless castigation, insults, ridicule and threads like this targeted at NeverTrumpers. 

Like your prince, your motivations are based on thin-skinned outrage that incites these exercises of ridicule for you due the fact we refuse to genuflect your man.

It is one thing to tell everyone that certain types of people are wrong- headed, overly angry and largely non-rational, another entirely for them to demonstrate it in livid, pulsating living color!

And yet here you are - doing that which you accuse us. 

I guess you took Alinsky's rule No. 5 to heart.

You illustrate your mastery of it beautifully.

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #89 on: November 01, 2016, 04:10:41 pm »
But the question is "Why am I here?"

To troll and act as the bully you have splendidly illustrated yourself to be.

There is a hint in the quoted post. BTW, yours were some of the more civilized posts, Oceander. I wonder if your fanatical anti-Trump brothers and sisters count that as a shameful thing and will turn on you eventually.

Oh you hope for that to be so true.

Except, unlike you - friends and compatriots of a shared set of principles afford one another the liberty of exercising our consciences free from ridicule and disparagement.

Something you are totally incapable of.

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #90 on: November 01, 2016, 04:12:15 pm »
Andy you nitwit. I posted it with paragraphs and the system didn't accept it, but instead reorganized it into a compact unit when you quoted it. Do try not to be a dolt, my good man!
Funny, I still don't still don't see any paragraphs in the original post, which can easily be reformatted.
But I do see yet another Trumpster with anger issues.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline musiclady

« Reply #91 on: November 01, 2016, 04:51:55 pm »
Here's a little poem from a #NeverTrumper to the author of this thread.

Roses are red
Violets are blue
You're a moron.

Now THAT is humorous!  :beer:
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Wingnut

« Reply #92 on: November 01, 2016, 05:35:36 pm »
hah hah more insults. I doubt that you love much beyond seeing your own opinions and those like them in print. Insults: the last refuge and first impulse of people with small intellect - why embrace that Cub fan? Cretinous insults and nothing but Cretinous insults. Bravo! Your towering intellect must be the marvel of your neighborhood. BTW, the World Series ends today. Surely unlike your  pointless, ill-mannered, Cyclopian miscreant sadism.

Could you move back to where ever you came from.  Your post stink like a bucket of goat piss with the foam farted off and its rank.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #93 on: November 01, 2016, 05:42:56 pm »
Could you move back to where ever you came from.  Your post stink like a bucket of goat piss with the foam farted off and its rank.

LOL. You summed that up pretty succinctly.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #94 on: November 01, 2016, 07:38:38 pm »
@LateForLunch

If you read anything in my reply to you that read like a personal attack against you, I apologize as that wasn't my intent. It was more of my attempt to outline why I have difficulty casting a vote for Mr Trump.

I guess all I can do is hope that if Trump wins he proves my fears about his presidency wrong.

I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline LateForLunch

« Reply #95 on: November 01, 2016, 07:47:59 pm »
LOL. You summed that up pretty succinctly.

'Sounds like I hit a nerve fat-boy!! And no, as anxious as you and the other simians-who-wear-clothing are for me to go away and leave you to your waterhole, to grunt and wallow ecstatically - I think I'll stick around (and keep my own clothes on too!) There are numerous normal non-fanatic people who post on this Forum and their posts are enjoyable informative and interesting. And unlike you, they do not seem to be burdened with mental illness or the adjunct violent, convulsive eruptions which emanate from schizoaffective thought disorders.  BTW, wipe your chin siuer. There is spittle there and there.

Offline LateForLunch

« Reply #96 on: November 01, 2016, 07:52:35 pm »
@LateForLunch

If you read anything in my reply to you that read like a personal attack against you, I apologize as that wasn't my intent. It was more of my attempt to outline why I have difficulty casting a vote for Mr Trump.

I guess all I can do is hope that if Trump wins he proves my fears about his presidency wrong.

Fairly stated, sieur.  Clearly you are not a fanatic but a thinking person, so conversing with you is a pleasure. Not the slightest offense taken at all.  Know that I am no Trump fan myself - I liked Cruz from the beginning to the end of the primaries, then defaulted to the Buckley Rule afterward.  Hopefully if Trump wins and does a less-than-worthy job, we conservatives can united and replace him in four years with someone more-principled. Possibly get him to withdraw and let Pence take over.

Offline LateForLunch

« Reply #97 on: November 01, 2016, 07:58:26 pm »

Morbid ruminations and fantasies such as these are common. Stating these desperate disturbed daydreams as realities does not confirm them as such. Simians thump their chests in a similar manner but would emulate your post if they could speak, surely.

If one needs to explain to someone why Hill-O-Lies and Donald Trump are not identical, then no explanation could possibly suffice, the gap between the universe of that one and my own being unbridgeable by reasoned argument. Theirs a castle floating on the fumes from a sewer.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #98 on: November 01, 2016, 08:38:28 pm »
@EasyAce  easily wins this.

The title says A Burma Shave poem, and that is exactly what he provided. Short, pithy, and in 5 signs.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline LateForLunch

« Reply #99 on: November 01, 2016, 08:42:39 pm »
Free country was the place to be
United States that were sovereign and free
Land spreadin' out so free of kings
Keep your rulers just place me where freedom rings

No, subject to kings is where I'd rather be
A ruthless strongman is the leader for me
I just adore a p--sy grab
Dahling can't help it I really think Trump is fab

The sludge
The judge
States' rights
But he fights

He's the nominee
Good-bye livin' free
Republican Party you are dead

Nihilists anthem. There is no hope! There is no hope! There is no hope! So I think I'll just sit around and mope and chew on my morbid fantasies and ruminations like some bovine. And vituperate and spit venom  at anyone who doesn't want to be as miserable and hopeless as we! Woe is we! Woe is we! Nihilism forever!! Poor us - we are such victims!!! LETS JUST ALL GIVE UP AND GO TO SLEEP FOR FOUR OR EIGHT YEARS! MEBBE CRAWL INTO A HOLE SOMEWHERE THE CRATS CAN'T REACH!! Toss our votes into the gutter, click our heels three times and repeat to ourselves "there is no hope! Trump is evil! There is no hope! Trump is evil! There is no hope! Trump is evil! And it makes absolutely no difference whatsoever that we MIGHT BE WRONG and wasting our votes because of a misconception and giving in to our own morbid ruminations.