Author Topic: To Anti-Trumpsters (a Burma Shave Poem)  (Read 45566 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: To Anti-Trumpsters (a Burma Shave Poem)
« Reply #150 on: November 02, 2016, 07:31:53 pm »
Just saw on twitter that the woman who accused Trump of child rape will hold a press conference today.

Really....can't find anything
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #151 on: November 02, 2016, 07:34:08 pm »
@LateForLunch

"My good man", lol?  Who talks like this?  Are you someone's butler?

He's trying to intimidate with his Readers' Digest command of the English language.  He just illustrates himself the larger hubris troll he is.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Silver Pines

Silver Pines

« Reply #153 on: November 02, 2016, 07:50:53 pm »
The more I look at him, the less I like him.  But hey...he's a choice other than Trump or Hillary.  So this is how it is for me on all official canddiates:

Hillary
Well Trump is not Hillary
Well Johnson is not Trump or Hillary
Well McMullin is not Trump or Hillary or Johnson
Well Castle is not McMullin or Trump or Hillary or Johnson

Give me someone to vote FOR, not a bunch of people to vote against.

@RAT Patrol

It's the reverse for me; every time I've heard McMullin interviewed, I've liked what I heard more and more.  He was on the radio again today.

Silver Pines

« Reply #154 on: November 02, 2016, 08:07:07 pm »
Well I am glad you found a candidate you like.  I'm done with examining him.  He is a definite NO for me.  Nothing to do with Mormonism, but he is very Mitt Romneyish to me, only without the experience or family life and good hair.  I do not think he is qualified for the position.

Okay.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #155 on: November 02, 2016, 08:46:07 pm »
:bigsilly:

Motes in eyes and all that nonsense.  What's the difference between a Trump supporter and a troll?  The troll was born that way; the Trumpist chose to be that way.

I'm not sure he chose to be this way. Based on this post he just may be posting from an asylum.

Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #156 on: November 02, 2016, 09:18:54 pm »
I'm not sure he chose to be this way. Based on this post he just may be posting from an asylum.

He's busy pointing this thread and his comments out to his thug pals on another forum, chortling with glee as to how he 'played us' and got us to 'reveal' all the nasties he ascribes to us.

He has his reward.

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline musiclady

« Reply #157 on: November 02, 2016, 10:19:33 pm »
He's busy pointing this thread and his comments out to his thug pals on another forum, chortling with glee as to how he 'played us' and got us to 'reveal' all the nasties he ascribes to us.

He has his reward.

His reward is to behave as badly as he claims we do.

And if he thinks he played us he's the dumbest person on the face of the earth.

Which I suspected from the moment he posted this third grade level poem.

Trolls really are amusing in a mind numbingly idiotic way....
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #158 on: November 02, 2016, 10:54:27 pm »
His reward is to behave as badly as he claims we do.

And if he thinks he played us he's the dumbest person on the face of the earth.

Which I suspected from the moment he posted this third grade level poem.

Trolls really are amusing in a mind numbingly idiotic way....

His own words outed himself as a troll, and he was happy to flaunt that fact in a lengthy word salad he assumed would sail over our heads.

He is not as clever as he thinks he is.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #159 on: November 02, 2016, 10:58:13 pm »

He has his reward.
He's JOMAH. (yawn). We've seen his ilk before.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #160 on: November 02, 2016, 10:59:12 pm »
Nope. He's not.

However, something my Dad says comes to mind:

"Who is the bigger fool? Those who stir shit, or those who get stirred?"

Some of the poems were fun though.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline aligncare

« Reply #161 on: November 02, 2016, 11:10:56 pm »

McMullin is a wannabe spoiler with no chance of winning Utah...Republicans will come home in droves come election, if for no other reason than their strong desire to stop the Clinton's from doing any more damage to our republic.

Wingnut

« Reply #162 on: November 02, 2016, 11:14:03 pm »
He's JOMAH. (yawn). We've seen his ilk before.

Do we really need an obvious troll to have posting privs? 
@Mod1 @Mod2 @MOD3  and @Mod5

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #163 on: November 02, 2016, 11:23:08 pm »
McMullin is a wannabe spoiler with no chance of winning Utah...Republicans will come home in droves come election

Republicans and Avg Joe Sixpack might - actual principled Constitutional Conservatives will not.  Your party is no longer our home, we're done with battered wife syndrome and issued your party the divorce papers signed and notarized.

if for no other reason than their strong desire to stop the Clinton's from doing any more damage to our republic.

Your party and their oligarchy not only enabled the denouement of the Republic - they funded it's abolishment and pretend to be an opposition party they are not.

Trump is the Nationalist Fascist alternative to the Communists in whom you so fear.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #164 on: November 02, 2016, 11:25:04 pm »
McMullin is a wannabe spoiler with no chance of winning Utah...Republicans will come home in droves come election, if for no other reason than their strong desire to stop the Clinton's from doing any more damage to our republic.

McMullin is likely to win Utah.  6 electoral votes that Trump won't get.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
« Reply #165 on: November 02, 2016, 11:29:01 pm »
Do we really need an obvious troll to have posting privs? 
@Mod1 @Mod2 @MOD3  and @Mod5
Oh I thought he was harmless, if not amusing.
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #166 on: November 03, 2016, 01:39:01 am »
McMullin is a wannabe spoiler with no chance of winning Utah...
I reckon we're going to find out.
Republicans will come home in droves come election,
Those who haven't left, you mean, and we are legion. Y'all have lots of openings in the row of 'Conservative' quarters on the plantation.
...if for no other reason than their strong desire to stop the Clinton's from doing any more damage to our republic.
Well, now, I reckon that will be up to the 'pubbies in Congress, at least those who stay there. We'll see if they are worth an Obama. I have no reason to believe most of them will provide any resistance at all. 

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #167 on: November 03, 2016, 01:55:31 am »
Late wrote above:
"A presidential election is not about voting for the "best candidate" unless you are some sort of lame idealist or desperate for an excuse to endorse your fanatical rejection of both candidates."

The vast majority of the ne'ertrumpers believe that Cruz should have been the candidate.
For them, no other choice would have been acceptable, or could be acceptable.
It sticks in their craw that Trump bested Cruz for the nomination.

But if Mr. Cruz was such a great debater of the conservative cause, why didn't he whip Trump (and the other candidates) during the nomination process?

I've nothing against Cruz, but he would have had as much of a chance of beating Clinton as did Barry Goldwater vs. Lyndon Johnson (who in political temperament and values was probably closely-matched to hillary). The democrats would have -destroyed- him on the natural-born citizenship issue.

Mr. Cruz would be more suited to becoming Senate Majority Leader. We need someone like him in that capacity.

But he's never going to be president.
Better get used to that.

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #168 on: November 03, 2016, 01:59:40 am »
Late wrote above:
"A presidential election is not about voting for the "best candidate" unless you are some sort of lame idealist or desperate for an excuse to endorse your fanatical rejection of both candidates."

The vast majority of the ne'ertrumpers believe that Cruz should have been the candidate.

But if Mr. Cruz was such a great debater of the conservative cause, why didn't he whip Trump (and the other candidates) during the nomination process?

I've nothing against Cruz, but he would have had as much of a chance of beating Clinton as did Barry Goldwater vs. Lyndon Johnson (who in political temperament and values was probably closely-matched to hillary). The democrats would have -destroyed- him on the natural-born citizenship issue.

Mr. Cruz would be more suited to becoming Senate Majority Leader. We need someone like him in that capacity.

Better get used to that.
You Just. Don't. Get. It.

My dislike of Trump is only about Trump, no one else.

So color me a "lame idealist" if it makes you happy.

I won't vote for that man to be POTUS, and I won't vote for that wrteched woman to be either.

C S Lewis

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

« Reply #169 on: November 03, 2016, 03:14:58 pm »
Late wrote above:

Better get used to that.
Wowee a mind reader.
Fanfare please for...
The Great Presumpto
sees all knows nothing.
Can you tell the future too? Lucky lotto numbers?
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

« Reply #170 on: November 03, 2016, 03:26:32 pm »
You Just. Don't. Get. It.

My dislike of Trump is only about Trump, no one else.

So color me a "lame idealist" if it makes you happy.

I won't vote for that man to be POTUS, and I won't vote for that wrteched woman to be either.
In today's word being a lame idealist is a great honor.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #171 on: November 03, 2016, 04:07:45 pm »

That's not only right, but true. Cruz, in Conservative terms, is head-and-shoulders above all the rest.

Not true. Most of us have a candidate right now - A Conservative one.

The only thing that sticks in my craw is Trumps ill-advised campaign of slander and lies. No one could return his onslaught without resorting to the very same thing - The problem is that the tactic is sure to divide voters and cause rancor (even as it has done). It isn't a success to 'win' the party primary by leaving it in shambles. A divided voter base won't win the general.

That's why the rest of the candidates tried to remain cordial and polite, within reason. Sooner or later, you have to have those people and their voters, in order to compete in the general.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #172 on: November 03, 2016, 05:09:01 pm »
McMullin is likely to win Utah.  6 electoral votes that Trump won't get.

This just in...

Utah President: Trump 42%, Clinton 31%, McMullin 21% (Rasmussen)

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/3488693/posts

Offline aligncare

« Reply #173 on: November 03, 2016, 05:10:43 pm »

Tell me sink, don't you ever get tired of being wrong?

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #174 on: November 03, 2016, 05:14:49 pm »
In today's word being a lame idealist is a great honor.

I think "lame" is mean spirited and hurtful.  Not sure about "idealist".  Context is important there, I think.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck