Author Topic: To Anti-Trumpsters (a Burma Shave Poem)  (Read 46265 times)

Offline LateForLunch

• GOTWALMA Get Out of the Way and Leave Me Alone! (Nods to Teebone)
Re: To Anti-Trumpsters (a Burma Shave Poem)
« Reply #100 on: November 01, 2016, 08:45:23 pm »
Happy trails to you, until we meet again.
 Happy trails to you, keep smilin' until then.
 Who cares about the clouds when we're together?
 Just sing a song and bring the sunny weather.
 Happy trails to you, 'till we meet again.

Some trails are happy ones,
 Others are blue.
 It's the way you ride the trail that counts,
 Here's a happy one for you.

Happy trails to you, until we meet again.
 Happy trails to you, keep smilin' until then.
 Who cares about the clouds when we're together?
 Just sing a song and bring the sunny weather.
 Happy trails to you, 'till we meet again!  :tongue2:

« Last Edit: November 01, 2016, 08:45:44 pm by LateForLunch »
GOTWALMA Get out of the way and leave me alone! (Nods to General Teebone)

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
« Reply #101 on: November 01, 2016, 08:48:21 pm »
Morbid ruminations and fantasies such as these are common. Stating these desperate disturbed daydreams as realities does not confirm them as such. Simians thump their chests in a similar manner but would emulate your post if they could speak, surely.

That's the best you've got?

If one needs to explain to someone why Hill-O-Lies and Donald Trump are not identical, then no explanation could possibly suffice, the gap between the universe of that one and my own being unbridgeable by reasoned argument.

Aside from their equivalent unsuitability to hold the office they seek, on assorted grounds discussed nigh unto death, here and
elsewhere; and, aside from the fact that (paraphrasing, and with apologies to, Mary McCarthy) every word out of both their mouths
is a lie, including "and" and "the," the number one similarity between Donaldus Minimus and Hilarious Rodent Clinton---with slightly
different devils in slightly different details---is that each approaches the office from the mindset that the State remains the
first and last solution to every known ill or question in life, whether it is competent or constitutionally sanctioned to be so or remain
so. Their Constitutional knowledge is probably not sufficient to cover the head of a pin.

I intended to vote "None of These Candidates" from the moment their competition was made formal by convention assents, wishing
only that many more states aside from my Nevada offered the option, however they'd choose to phrase it. It's the only vote I can
cast for the presidency this year without wanting to retch.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2016, 08:50:47 pm by EasyAce »

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline EasyAce

« Reply #102 on: November 01, 2016, 08:49:19 pm »
@EasyAce  easily wins this.

The title says A Burma Shave poem, and that is exactly what he provided. Short, pithy, and in 5 signs.

:beer:

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Offline LateForLunch

« Reply #103 on: November 01, 2016, 08:49:26 pm »
My my.  It's just a cute little poem.

Wow. Scathing comeback. So substantive and scholarly. Little, yes. Poem, arguable - I suppose in elementary school it would pass with a "C". Cute, not really. Some people think pimples are cute or phlegm. 

Happy Trails!!!

Offline LateForLunch

« Reply #104 on: November 01, 2016, 08:52:28 pm »
:beer:

No, the 'Crats win. Any time fools who should rightly be friends reject each other. Tolkien's Silmarillion is his greater work. Some of our posters here should read it. It is largely about how the Good People of the West were tricked into destroying themselves. The parallels are striking. Nihilists...HOOOoooohh!!

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
« Reply #105 on: November 01, 2016, 08:54:06 pm »
Wow. Scathing comeback. So substantive and scholarly. Little, yes. Poem, arguable - I suppose in elementary school it would pass with a "C". Cute, not really. Some people think pimples are cute or phlegm. 

Happy Trails!!!
You actually EXPECTED A response to your incestuous offspring of a wall o text and a BALONEY sandwich you posted?
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

« Reply #106 on: November 01, 2016, 08:55:05 pm »
No, the 'Crats win. Any time fools who should rightly be friends reject each other. Tolkien's Silmarillion is his greater work. Some of our posters here should read it. It is largely about how the Good People of the West were tricked into destroying themselves. The parallels are striking. Nihilists...HOOOoooohh!!
Is Nihilists your new cover because 'neocon' wasn't working?
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline LateForLunch

« Reply #107 on: November 01, 2016, 08:55:07 pm »
You wanted me to be scathing?  But but...that's not what you said before.   :shrug:

I'll admit it, I thirst for one substantive response to something instead of the juvenile nonsense and fluff that you and others pass off as serious. It's like punching at a wad of chewing gum. And besides, fanatic, what Earthly difference would my preference make to someone like you - who hate me with every fiber of your being because I have the audacity to strongly oppose your views and disagree with you?

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

« Reply #108 on: November 01, 2016, 08:57:38 pm »
I'll admit it, I thirst for one substantive response to something instead of the juvenile nonsense and fluff that you and others pass off as serious. It's like punching at a wad of chewing gum. And besides, fanatic, what Earthly difference would my preference make to someone like you - who hate me with every fiber of your being because I have the audacity to strongly oppose your views and disagree with you?
You're learning. You're still wrong, but you're learning.

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

« Reply #109 on: November 01, 2016, 09:06:19 pm »
I'll admit it, I thirst ...

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #110 on: November 01, 2016, 09:15:20 pm »
Just thought I'd throw out a tweet from Texas Ag Commissioner Sid Miller, he of the "Jesus Shot"

Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #111 on: November 01, 2016, 09:22:51 pm »
So you don't like my Green Acres spin-off poem?

Yep. But I'm a traditionalist at heart.  :beer:
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline musiclady

« Reply #112 on: November 01, 2016, 10:23:38 pm »
I just added poems to a poem thread.  I believe the evidence reveals it is you who have the problem with dissent.

It's interesting to watch how quickly a cute little "humorous" poem (or so he claims) turns into a nasty I hate everyone who disagrees with me tirade.

The masks aren't taking nearly as quickly to fall off these Trump trolls, are they?

This one can't handle even the gentlest of criticism.  First he whines and blames us, then he bares his fangs and digs in.

No surprises.  We've seen it happen before.

Just not quite this fast.   ***hair on fire ***hair on fire
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Wingnut

« Reply #113 on: November 01, 2016, 10:34:21 pm »
It's interesting to watch how quickly a cute little "humorous" poem (or so he claims) turns into a nasty I hate everyone who disagrees with me tirade.

The masks aren't taking nearly as quickly to fall off these Trump trolls, are they?

This one can't handle even the gentlest of criticism.  First he whines and blames us, then he bares his fangs and digs in.

No surprises.  We've seen it happen before.

Just not quite this fast.   ***hair on fire ***hair on fire

He probably cut and pasted it from one of the trump white nationalist sites he frequents and thought it was funny.   He runs his mouth like a boarding house toilet.   

Offline EasyAce

« Reply #114 on: November 01, 2016, 11:01:43 pm »

LateForLunch? More like he's out to lunch. ;)

Offline LateForLunch

« Reply #115 on: November 01, 2016, 11:15:38 pm »

Bumpty dump the anti-trump bump

Offline EasyAce

« Reply #116 on: November 01, 2016, 11:18:48 pm »
Bumpty dump the anti-trump bump

You left out the anti-Hilarious bump. I'm against both, remember?  :beer:

Offline musiclady

« Reply #117 on: November 02, 2016, 12:09:56 am »
Yes.  I really pushed his buttons.  I took it as a compliment.  I worked for several minutes on that poem.  LOL.  I even had to look up the words to the Green Acres theme song just to get the lines right.

You certainly did push them.  But I have a feeling he was a tad on edge to begin with.

Seriously...... I've never seen any Trumper erupt so quickly with so many different people.

And all because we didn't like his poetry.  ^-^

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline musiclady

« Reply #118 on: November 02, 2016, 12:10:54 am »

Yep.

In more ways than one.  ^-^

Wingnut

« Reply #119 on: November 02, 2016, 12:12:06 am »
You certainly did push them.  But I have a feeling he was a tad on edge to begin with.

Seriously...... I've never seen any Trumper erupt so quickly with so many different people.

And all because we didn't like his poetry.  ^-^

He's a Dem Plant.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #120 on: November 02, 2016, 12:15:32 am »
He's a Dem Plant.

Oh, yeah....... one a doze guys......   ^-^

Wingnut

« Reply #121 on: November 02, 2016, 12:16:20 am »
Oh, yeah....... one a doze guys......   ^-^

:silly:

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #122 on: November 02, 2016, 12:36:23 am »
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline EasyAce

« Reply #123 on: November 02, 2016, 12:44:02 am »

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #124 on: November 02, 2016, 01:16:13 am »
He's a Dem Plant.

Possibly.

It is the hallmark of the raving Libtard and Statist to disparage everyone who disagrees with them as mentally unstable and insane while stating that those who agree with them or placate them are "thinking people".

Lateforlunch has demonstrated that Leftie trait perfectly.

On top of the Projection.

Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775