Archives > Alternate Realities

Genetically Engineered Humans Will Arrive Sooner Than U Think. & We're Not Ready

(1/3) > >>

Quix:

http://www.vox.com/conversations/2016/10/24/13357298/michael-bess-biotechnology-bioengineering-technology-revolution-science

"What's happening is bigger than any one of us": a conversation with historian Michael Bess.

Updated by Sean Illing@seanillingsean.illing@vox.com Oct 24, 2016, 8:50a

--- Quote ---Artificial intelligence has become the pet anxiety of luminaries like Elon Musk, Bill Gates, and Stephen Hawking. They have all expressed concerns about our Promethean quest to develop machine intelligence, and those concerns seem to be spreading every day.
. . .
Michael Bess is a historian of science at Vanderbilt University and the author of a fascinating new book, Our Grandchildren Redesigned: Life in a Bioengineered Society. Bess’s book offers a sweeping look at our genetically modified future, a future as terrifying as it is promising.
. . .
You say in this book that bioengineering will be the next great technological wave to wash over humanity, and that it will cut more deeply than any of the industrial revolutions of the past.

That's a pretty strong statement. Can you explain what you mean?
. . .

--- End quote ---
I'm very skeptical that God's going to allow us to get very far down that road.
I think the oligarchy is also intent on crashing and burning the old order so much to the ground that even IF God Almighty were not in the picture, it would still take a very long time to recover and implement such schemes.
I do think we will get far enough down that road--particularly along the lines of the 'super warrior'--in order to cause some serious and interesting ethical problems. We may well already be at that point in the black projects.
Certainly the same 'government' that brings us the every failed government boondoggle for decades, OThugacare etc. will obviously do a splendid job of remaking mankind in their image! /sarc
The historian Michael Bess claims that we can channel progress down channels more in line with our values.

Oh, really? And how well have we done doing that in recent decades? We have more high tech horror, blood, mayhem etc. in our media . . . more hideousness about bathrooms and marrying one's dog or beer drinking group . . . suggestions that parents be allowed to kill their children up to age 6 for whatever reason . . . etc. That doesn't leave me with any faith whatsoever that as a culture or as leaders in a culture . . . anyone would successfully channel the new tech engineering our future prodigy down constructive channels.

We can't even put up remotely tolerable decent Presidential candidates. Sheesh.

But the article is meaty and thought provoking.

ALTERNATE REALITIES PING LIST PING

@Cyber Liberty
@DCPatriot
@Freya
@Ghost Bear
@GrannyMinimum
@Idaho_Cowboy
@jedidah
@Mom MD
@mrpotatohead
@roamer_1
@Smokin Joe
@the_doc
@WorkingClassFilth

Free Vulcan:
It wouldn't surprise me if it's already happening. One of the reasons why God will have to step in, because creation itself is going to be changed to something unrecognizeable.

Quix:

--- Quote from: Free Vulcan on October 30, 2016, 05:51:35 pm ---It wouldn't surprise me if it's already happening. One of the reasons why God will have to step in, because creation itself is going to be changed to something unrecognizeable.

--- End quote ---

I certainly don't doubt that a lot of black projects are well down that road.

I certainly agree that Almighty God Yehovah WILL step in . . . He tends to view Creation as His exclusive turf in such regards.

I'm thankful that the black projects have not surfaced broadly in the general culture with such tech--yet.

dfwgator:

--- Quote from: Quix on October 30, 2016, 06:13:18 pm ---I certainly don't doubt that a lot of black projects are well down that road.

I certainly agree that Almighty God Yehovah WILL step in . . . He tends to view Creation as His exclusive turf in such regards.

I'm thankful that the black projects have not surfaced broadly in the general culture with such tech--yet.

--- End quote ---

Man goes to God and says, "We don't need you anymore, we can create life just like you did from dirt."

God says, "Ok, show me."

Man picks up some dirt.

God says, "Oh no, go make your own dirt, first."

Weird Tolkienish Figure:

--- Quote from: Free Vulcan on October 30, 2016, 05:51:35 pm ---It wouldn't surprise me if it's already happening. One of the reasons why God will have to step in, because creation itself is going to be changed to something unrecognizeable.

--- End quote ---

How would God step in, exactly?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version