Author Topic: Your Official Live 2016 World Series Thread---Game Four  (Read 3464 times)

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
Re: Your Official Live 2016 World Series Thread---Game Four
« Reply #50 on: October 30, 2016, 03:19:00 am »
One is all they get off Miller, 7-2 Indians after eight . . .

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #51 on: October 30, 2016, 03:26:55 am »
That's all she wrote!  Indians up in the series 3-1.......ONE more to go!!
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #52 on: October 30, 2016, 03:28:20 am »

Offline EasyAce

« Reply #53 on: October 30, 2016, 03:44:44 am »
Give these Indians credit. They pitch with their brains as well as their stuff, they measure up the
other guys' weaknesses and exploit them, and they know what they're doing when they go to the
plate. Other teams have overthrown 3-1 deficits in postseason play but I'm not convinced these
Cubs have what it takes to do it even with Jon Lester pitching Game Five.

It's as though the Cubs haven't really bothered reading any scouting reports on the Indians or
reviewed video of the first three Series games. Being a good gracious host is one thing, but
these Cubs as World Series hosts so far have let the guests make off with the silver, the jewelry, and
the china, while letting the Indians bind and gag them and leave them in the utility closet hollering
futilely for help.

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Wingnut

« Reply #54 on: October 30, 2016, 01:16:55 pm »
I haven't been this depressed since Sept 10th 1969.

Offline guitar4jesus

• Yup...
« Reply #55 on: October 30, 2016, 01:39:03 pm »
I haven't been this depressed since Sept 10th 1969.

Unfortunately that's how it goes with Joe Maddon....  Been there, done that.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #56 on: October 30, 2016, 02:39:34 pm »
Give these Indians credit. They pitch with their brains as well as their stuff, they measure up the
other guys' weaknesses and exploit them, and they know what they're doing when they go to the
plate. Other teams have overthrown 3-1 deficits in postseason play but I'm not convinced these
Cubs have what it takes to do it even with Jon Lester pitching Game Five.

It's as though the Cubs haven't really bothered reading any scouting reports on the Indians or
reviewed video of the first three Series games. Being a good gracious host is one thing, but
these Cubs as World Series hosts so far have let the guests make off with the silver, the jewelry, and
the china, while letting the Indians bind and gag them and leave them in the utility closet hollering
futilely for help.

You have a way with words, @EasyAce   ^-^

Let me just say for the record, that if they were playing anyone but the Indians, I would be rooting for the Cubs.

Too bad it happened this way.

But I hope the Indians wrap it up tonight.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline EasyAce

« Reply #57 on: October 30, 2016, 04:31:36 pm »
Unfortunately that's how it goes with Joe Maddon....  Been there, done that.

At least Maddon got the Cubs to the World Series in the first place.

You'd rather have Leo Durocher blowing that shot for them the way he did in 1969?

Offline EasyAce

« Reply #58 on: October 30, 2016, 04:32:42 pm »
You have a way with words, @EasyAce   ^-^

Let me just say for the record, that if they were playing anyone but the Indians, I would be rooting for the Cubs.

Too bad it happened this way.

But I hope the Indians wrap it up tonight.

You might like this that I wrote the other day, when the Series was tied at a game apiece:

The Cubs, the Indians, and their worst. trades. ever.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #59 on: October 30, 2016, 06:07:42 pm »
You might like this that I wrote the other day, when the Series was tied at a game apiece:

The Cubs, the Indians, and their worst. trades. ever.

What a great article!  I learned a lot about Frank Lane, and the Colavito-Kuenn trade.  I was a ten year old girl at the time who had a crush on a very good looking Indian, but who also loved to play baseball (I was good!  Both bat and arm!) who had a passionate goal of being the first female to play for the Indians.  ^-^

Frank Lane was a jerk, wasn't he?  And not a very good GM either.

btw, I have my old sweatshirt on that says  "Central Division Champions - 95, 96, 97, 98"

This time, we win the whole shebang...... either tonight, or in Cleveland.  My vote is tonight!

Thanks for the link.  GOOD writing, and lots of fascinating info.