Author Topic: The Lonely Life of a Republican Woman  (Read 19662 times)

Offline chae

Re: The Lonely Life of a Republican Woman
« Reply #100 on: October 28, 2016, 02:14:43 pm »
My guy is not as much of a hard-core conservative as I am, but I'm working on him...Anyway, I've said before that if I was walking down the street with my fiancee and some guy came up and grabbed my crotch, that my fiancee would be going to jail for curb-stomping the guy.  I said that to him last night and he just looked at me and said "No, you're the one who would curb-stomp him, I'd just shoot him."
It's just sad that a former card-carrying member of the ACLU shows more protectiveness and respect for a woman than a good portion of conservatives.
Also here is a question: If you were walking down the street, would you go up to someone and randomly throw a cup of tea in their face?  No, you wouldn't because that's ridiculous.  If you can understand why throwing a cup of tea in someones face is wrong, why can't you understand that about grabbing someone's genitals?

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #101 on: October 28, 2016, 02:16:24 pm »
@jmyrlefuller

Yeah,because we all know that if there is one thing attractive women are NOT attracted to  is is men with money.

LIAR!!!

You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Wingnut

« Reply #102 on: October 28, 2016, 02:16:33 pm »

I quess it's time for The Man's Prayer"

I'm a man,
but I can change,
if I have to,
I guess.

Quando omni flunkus moritati

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #103 on: October 28, 2016, 02:20:40 pm »
My guy is not as much of a hard-core conservative as I am, but I'm working on him...Anyway, I've said before that if I was walking down the street with my fiancee and some guy came up and grabbed my crotch, that my fiancee would be going to jail for curb-stomping the guy.  I said that to him last night and he just looked at me and said "No, you're the one who would curb-stomp him, I'd just shoot him."
It's just sad that a former card-carrying member of the ACLU shows more protectiveness and respect for a woman than a good portion of conservatives.
Also here is a question: If you were walking down the street, would you go up to someone and randomly throw a cup of tea in their face?  No, you wouldn't because that's ridiculous.  If you can understand why throwing a cup of tea in someones face is wrong, why can't you understand that about grabbing someone's genitals?

I think the vast majority of men here would agree with you that a guy doing what you described would deserve to get punched.

That being said, some here are implying that a guy commenting on a woman's physical attractiveness puts them in the same class as a lecher who grabs crotches, and that's not right either.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #104 on: October 28, 2016, 02:27:30 pm »
@sneakypete

Not all of us.

The quote above is in response to my earlier post where I had written "Yeah,because we all know that if there is one thing attractive women are NOT attracted to  is is men with money."

Yes,ALL women are attracted to wealthy men. It's genetic,and tied to the survival of the species. Just like even geezers like me are sexually attracted to young women because they are young enough and generally speaking healthy enough and strong enough to have,nurture,and protect children.

Does that mean that all women are whores and that all men are sexual predators? Of course not. Most of us are honest enough with ourselves to recognize the urges while being sane enough in this modern age to ignore them. Just having to carry on a conversation with a teen or young adult female makes my head hurt,and would kill the deal for me. Younger women are fun to look at and think about,but I am only interested in women over 40 these days. There is just too much BS involved to bother with any that are younger. NOT their fault they aren't mature any more than it is my fault that I am. Nature is nature.

Not being a female but having known more than a few very closely,I know for a fact that every one I have known really well WERE attracted to men with big bucks and/or prestigious positions/careers. They pretty much ALL dreamed of meeting and marrying a "handsome rich young doctor",or a famous and rich handsome movie star or musician". Being attracted to someone that is both sexually attractive AND in a position to provide for and protect her children is a part of every female's genetic codingv. Most are sane enough to recognize this for what it is and laugh at it while going for happiness more than security,but you are lying to yourself if you say that urge isn't there.

As a old teebee ad used to say,"It's not nice to try to fool Mother Nature".
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #105 on: October 28, 2016, 02:29:14 pm »
Misogynists of a feather....

@txradioguy

That's ok. You are allowed to be a clueless fool. Don't worry about it.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #106 on: October 28, 2016, 02:36:08 pm »
@jpsb
@CatherineofAragon

Of course; Saint Creamsicle can never do wrong.

Which has nothing to do with the fact that Trump is guilty of sexual assault.

Have you ever heard of a single groper who asked permission before groping?  Trump admitted that he walked up to women and just kissed them,  so do you really think he said, "May I grab your crotch?" 

"They let me do it" = he gets away with it.

Ok,so you are flying your Oprah "You go,gurl!" flag and are blind to both reason and common sense. I get it. I will stop trying to reason with you after asking this last question to see if there is any honor or honestly left in you.

Is it POSSIBLE you have never been to or seen social affairs where virtual or even actual strangers meet and are introduced to each other and then give and get light hugs and kisses to the cheeks?

WHO THE HELL asks for permission to kiss someone on the cheek they have just been introduced to at social events?

Can you HONESTLY claim this not only happens,but is an accepted thing at social events?

If not,I am done with you. You need to join the Hillary/Oprah "You GO GURL!" Brigade and be done with it.

Offline jpsb

« Reply #107 on: October 28, 2016, 02:42:40 pm »

BINGO! I am a man and I REFUSE to be intimidated into pretending to be some sort of "safe metero-sexual male" in order to please politicized females that expect PC to dominate natures demands.

Yeah, what he said.

Offline jpsb

« Reply #108 on: October 28, 2016, 02:48:48 pm »
@sneakypete

I don't keep up with Cupp, but I'm pretty sure she wouldn't be okay with Clinton's behavior.  Besides, he isn't running now.

Hillary has stated that Bill will be in charge of the economy.

If you don't think former president Bill Clinton will not be a prominent member of a Hillary Clinton administration than there is no hope for you.

Offline mirraflake

« Reply #109 on: October 28, 2016, 02:54:49 pm »
@Maj. Bill Martin

BINGO! I am a man and I REFUSE to be intimidated into pretending to be some sort of "safe metero-sexual male" in order to please politicized females that expect PC to dominate natures demands.

A++++++++++++++++

Women to men: Don't talk about women sexually in the workplace
Women to men: Don't talk about women sexually on the internet
Women to men; Don't talk about women in private among other men (Trumps bus moment) As some church ladies said here Godly men should not even do this  in private among themselves

No wonder men are being turned into metrosexual, limp wristed bleep.

This is one guy who will  NEVER BE PC

@sneakypete
@jpsb
@Maj. Bill Martin
« Last Edit: October 28, 2016, 02:59:16 pm by mirraflake »

Silver Pines

« Reply #110 on: October 28, 2016, 02:55:41 pm »
@sneakypete

How do you know he groped them?

See?  You're proving my point, Cupp's point, Amanda Carpenter's point....

In FACT,where did the "them" come from? Last I heard only one has made that claim,it was over 20 years ago and she is just NOW making the claim.[/b]

I'd tell you to listen to the tape again, but you manage to deny that Trump admitted to sexual assault, so you'll probably claim that "them" is singular.  So it wouldn't matter.

I suppose you've missed the subsequent women who came forth, too.

In general,no,but there is no denying there are places and events where the only real reason any females are there is to be groped. They know that and they are highly paid to be there for that and similar purposes.

I am NOT making any claim that the woman who ALLEGES Trump groped her a couple of decades ago was there to be groped,but I AM making the claim that if she was that offended/traumatized,she should have made the claim at the time,not decades later when he is running for President and right before the elections

Not necessarily.  Trump himself admitted why he got away with it.  Or maybe they were ashamed, or thought it was their fault, or something else.  Maybe they just recognized that the man is unfit for the presidency and it was time to speak up.

ANYBODY that isn't just a tad suspicious about the timing of her alleged outrage shouldn't be allowed to cross the streets by themselves. You are making yourselves tools of the Clinton campaign,and don't we ALL know there is no low they won't stoop to,no lie they won't tell,and no threats they won't make or actual violence they won't  commit in order to win? If you don't,you just  haven't been paying attention.

Right, I should be okay with Trump sexually assaulting women or I'm a tool of the Clinton campaign. 

Some of us have researched Trump's past.  We knew a long time ago that this kind of thing would happen if he were nominated.  The allegations are in no way surprising or uncharacteristic.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2016, 02:56:17 pm by CatherineofAragon »

Silver Pines

« Reply #111 on: October 28, 2016, 03:04:02 pm »
@sneakypete

Ok,so you are flying your Oprah "You go,gurl!" flag and are blind to both reason and common sense. I get it. I will stop trying to reason with you after asking this last question to see if there is any honor or honestly left in you.

That's pretty ironic, considering the crazy leaps of logic you've been taking, don't you think?  Like what you just said.  I point out that gropers don't ask permission before they grope and it's an "Oprah you go gurl" moment?  What the hell are you even talking about?

Is it POSSIBLE you have never been to or seen social affairs where virtual or even actual strangers meet and are introduced to each other and then give and get light hugs and kisses to the cheeks?

No, I never have.  I've been living as a recluse since that guy pushed me against a wall because I was so "traumatized."

You're trying to justify that old lech again. 

WHO THE HELL asks for permission to kiss someone on the cheek they have just been introduced to at social events?

Can you HONESTLY claim this not only happens,but is an accepted thing at social events?

Yes, Trump was just being part of polite society, wasn't he. 

If not,I am done with you. You need to join the Hillary/Oprah "You GO GURL!" Brigade and be done with it.

You're  pathetic.  Do us all a favor---don't ever claim respect for women.  Okay?
« Last Edit: October 28, 2016, 03:04:38 pm by CatherineofAragon »

Silver Pines

« Reply #112 on: October 28, 2016, 03:06:12 pm »

Yes,ALL women are attracted to wealthy men.

@sneakypete

No, I just told you otherwise.  Pay attention.

Silver Pines

« Reply #113 on: October 28, 2016, 03:08:12 pm »
Hillary has stated that Bill will be in charge of the economy.

If you don't think former president Bill Clinton will not be a prominent member of a Hillary Clinton administration than there is no hope for you.

@jpsb

You still haven't responded to Trump calling for a global economy and a borderless world---three years ago.  What you think of it?  You must have an opinion.

Online Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #114 on: October 28, 2016, 03:14:29 pm »
Words are not action.  Just because Trump groped some women and made comments about the way some women look does not mean that every man who has made comments about the physical appearance of a woman endorses groping them against their will.  The two things are distinct.

The real battle on this issue is the issue of touching without verbal consent.  Some of the guys who are defending Trump are interpreting his comments to mean that they essentially gave him non-verbal consent - that he observed their demeanor, etc., and determined that it would not be unwelcome.  And a lot of those men are accusing women of taking the position that all sexual touching must be preceded by express verbal consent -- which is an idea those guys ridicule.

I think a lot of the women here disagree with that interpretation, and believe that Trump was admitted to groping women more or less randomly without any belief other than that they wouldn't take legal action against him.  They are not taking the position that all touching must be preceded by express verbal consent.

I actually think that those different groups beating each other over the head here actually agree on the basic idea that a man should not touch a woman sexually without her express or implied consent.

Offline mirraflake

« Reply #115 on: October 28, 2016, 03:14:51 pm »
Men just cannot win

Man to younger woman: "You have a nice a**"     
Woman:  "you misogynist pig-stop looking at me"

Man:  Not looking at/Ignoring older woman-not making any comment
Older Women:  "Men no longer look at me  or comment on my appearance- they are nothing but misogynist pigs"

No wonder young men are just checking out of relationships.

« Last Edit: October 28, 2016, 03:16:21 pm by mirraflake »

Online roamer_1

« Reply #116 on: October 28, 2016, 03:36:58 pm »
Yes,ALL women are attracted to wealthy men. It's genetic,and tied to the survival of the species. Just like even geezers like me are sexually attracted to young women because they are young enough and generally speaking healthy enough and strong enough to have,nurture,and protect children.

Wrong on both counts.

Women who are attracted to money are not women to ride the river with, and they never have been. Not too long ago, being a gold-digger was a type that other women wouldn't abide, and most men wouldn't consider.

Personally, I have always found that type of woman to be horribly shallow - not worth an hour of my time, regardless of the outer package.

Women are attracted to providers and protectors - Something that might have been replaced by money in the cities, But that surely wouldn't turn a mountain girl's head. At least not one worth her salt. Success has it's place, I suppose, but that is not necessarily measured in income.

And I have ZERO interest in a woman young enough to be my daughter. I had an option on a gal 37 years old - fine looking woman too - Not quite young as my daughters, but close enough. Too wide a generational gap. Same with 40... I have since refined my tastes to no younger than 47, and preferring a lady in her 50's
« Last Edit: October 28, 2016, 03:37:59 pm by roamer_1 »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #117 on: October 28, 2016, 03:51:37 pm »
@sneakypete

You're  pathetic.  Do us all a favor---don't ever claim respect for women.  Okay?

@CatherineofAragon

Don't worry your pointy little head about that one,I have ZERO respect for idiots like you that get all "outraged" of decades old ALLEGATIONS pushed by the Clinton's that Trump groped some woman who didn't complain about it when it happened,and ignore the FACT that serial rapist Bill Clinton and the woman he put in charge of The Bimbo Eruption Squad that had Craig Livingstone nailing missing family pets to these women's front doors to discover when they came home,OR a guy who MIGHT have "groped and kissed " a woman at a social event WILL be the next President of the United States.

You are CLEARLY in favor of the serial rapist and his Nazi bitch of a wife being the next residents of the White House. Oprah must be sooo proud of you!

I will now leave you along to go back to pretending you have morals.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2016, 03:52:04 pm by sneakypete »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #118 on: October 28, 2016, 03:55:51 pm »
Wrong on both counts.

Women who are attracted to money are not women to ride the river with, and they never have been. Not too long ago, being a gold-digger was a type that other women wouldn't abide, and most men wouldn't consider.

Personally, I have always found that type of woman to be horribly shallow - not worth an hour of my time, regardless of the outer package.

Women are attracted to providers and protectors - Something that might have been replaced by money in the cities, But that surely wouldn't turn a mountain girl's head. At least not one worth her salt. Success has it's place, I suppose, but that is not necessarily measured in income.

And I have ZERO interest in a woman young enough to be my daughter. I had an option on a gal 37 years old - fine looking woman too - Not quite young as my daughters, but close enough. Too wide a generational gap. Same with 40... I have since refined my tastes to no younger than 47, and preferring a lady in her 50's

@roamer_1

Get off your high moral horse,cowboy. What I wrote IS true. What you are PROJECTING is that it can't be true because most women don't act on these basic urges and that all women are not whores.

Anymore that all men are perverts stalking high school girls because they find young women sexually attractive.

You DO understand that people can have urges and not act on them,right?

Online roamer_1

« Reply #119 on: October 28, 2016, 03:59:19 pm »
My guy is not as much of a hard-core conservative as I am, but I'm working on him...Anyway, I've said before that if I was walking down the street with my fiancee and some guy came up and grabbed my crotch, that my fiancee would be going to jail for curb-stomping the guy.

That's legit. I don't know that I'd kill the feller, but it would be a close thing. He'd be in the hospital contemplating the error of his ways. And if I saw such a thing occur, not knowing the woman, there isn't a doubt in my mind that I would be obliged to render assistance as needed.

That just ain't done.

« Last Edit: October 28, 2016, 04:01:32 pm by roamer_1 »

Silver Pines

« Reply #120 on: October 28, 2016, 03:59:33 pm »
@CatherineofAragon

Don't worry your pointy little head about that one,I have ZERO respect for idiots like you that get all "outraged" of decades old ALLEGATIONS pushed by the Clinton's that Trump groped some woman who didn't complain about it when it happened,and ignore the FACT that serial rapist Bill Clinton and the woman he put in charge of The Bimbo Eruption Squad that had Craig Livingstone nailing missing family pets to these women's front doors to discover when they came home,OR a guy who MIGHT have "groped and kissed " a woman at a social event WILL be the next President of the United States.

You are CLEARLY in favor of the serial rapist and his Nazi bitch of a wife being the next residents of the White House. Oprah must be sooo proud of you!

I will now leave you along to go back to pretending you have morals.

@sneakypete

I hope your day gets better.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #121 on: October 28, 2016, 04:21:57 pm »
Get off your high moral horse,cowboy. What I wrote IS true. What you are PROJECTING is that it can't be true because most women don't act on these basic urges and that all women are not whores.

No. Mountain girls, and I would say Country girls on the whole, are extraordinarily capable. If they need protection, they'll come a running for their man. But if that's happening, it ain't money that's gonna fix it. And if you ain't capable enough to provide shelter and protection at that point in time - If they don't think you can defend them - they are not going to think much of you at all.

Life here is tough as nails, and your money won't help that all that much.

A good work ethic is part of it, sure, but a 'good provider' is just as easy the guy that can drop an elk in the freezer every winter, and put up 4 cords of wood... A guy that can fix anything, and build anything, is probably worth more than a guy that can buy anything... Folks that go through life buying all they want, generally tend not to develop the character it takes to live here.

Anymore that all men are perverts stalking high school girls because they find young women sexually attractive.

I have just expressed to you the bare fact that young women hold no sexual attractiveness for me. I really have no interest for anything under late 40's, as I said. I can certainly appreciate beauty under that age, but not in an aspect driving toward sex. Like I said, the refinement of a  lady more my age is required.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2016, 04:23:55 pm by roamer_1 »

Online Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #122 on: October 28, 2016, 04:28:27 pm »
Wrong on both counts.

I think there is a difference between a golddigger whose primary motivation is marrying wealth, and someone for whom the fact that a man earns a decent living is one factor in determining his suitability for marriage.  I don't know many women for whom wealth/ability to provide is completely irrelevant.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #123 on: October 28, 2016, 04:39:04 pm »
I think there is a difference between a golddigger whose primary motivation is marrying wealth, and someone for whom the fact that a man earns a decent living is one factor in determining his suitability for marriage.  I don't know many women for whom wealth/ability to provide is completely irrelevant.

Agreed. But provision, as I said just upthread, is a subjective thing.

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
« Reply #124 on: October 28, 2016, 04:47:24 pm »
@sneakypete

Not all of us.
Idaho Cowgirl must not be cause she's still here.  :laugh: Rugged good looks and sexy mustache must come first.
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour