Author Topic: Never Trumpers and Reluctant Trump Supporters, Stop Questioning Each Other’s Motives...By Ben Shapiro  (Read 14748 times)

Offline Doug Loss

• Proud Tennessean
I don't give a fig what do you think, INVAR.

Back atcha.
My political philosophy:

1) I'm not bothering anybody.
2) It's none of your business.
3) Leave me alone!

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
I don't give a fig what do you think, INVAR.

Likewise.

You people made it clear we were enemies when you made your prince your god and we refused to genuflect.

I plan on living up to the charge.

Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Not my problem, now a bunch of people, over 200 from the Reagan administration endorse Trump.

I support the nominee, Dole, Bush, Bush, McCain and Romney,  I'm not about to change.
When one puts party over principle, it puts us on the long road to ruin we're on.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Thomas Sowell, highly esteemed, wrote that it came down to an assured disaster vs. a risk. Read up on what he decided was better.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Obama Clinton saw the rise of ISIS; can't get much worse than that.

HonestJohn

They don't care about those points, TomSea. It's all about themselves and their own self righteousness and holier-than-thou virtue. Look, I commend you for your steadfast resolve, you're a fine patriot, but you've been pounding away at this for months, do you really think your rational arguments are getting through to them? I don't. They. Simply. Don't. Care.

In essence, your post says the following:

'I abandoned everything I believe in... and am upset when those that didn't remind me of it.'

How's it feel to sell your political soul for the proverbial two pieces of gold?
« Last Edit: October 30, 2016, 10:06:55 pm by HonestJohn »

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
In essence, your post says the following:

'I abandoned everything I believe in... and am upset when those that didn't remind me of it.'

How's it feel to sell your political soul for the proverbial two pieces of gold?

It wasn't even for 30 pieces of silver.

Just an empty promise of a wall… and retribution… and punishment of all who refuse to bow down - and every desire they have lofted upon their Prince's shoulders that they believe he is going to do for them.

And he will do none of it, and they will love him for it and go after those whom they are sent to threaten and antagonize.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

HonestJohn

It wasn't even for 30 pieces of silver.

Just an empty promise of a wall… and retribution… and punishment of all who refuse to bow down - and every desire they have lofted upon their Prince's shoulders that they believe he is going to do for them.

And he will do none of it, and they will love him for it and go after those whom they are sent to threaten and antagonize.

Ah, that was it!  The 30 pieces of silver.

I couldn't remember that clearly.  Thank you.

Offline musiclady

Not self-righteous, but clearly we put the bar of acceptability higher than you do.  Character matters in candidates, even those who wear the Republican jersey.  Your bar is hatred.  As long as you have sufficient hatred for Hillary, then no amount of vileness and dishonesty will sway you from a candidate.   We differ.  One does not justify the other.  So I guess you hold to hate-righteousness.  Trump is righteous because you hate Hillary.

"Hate-righteousness" ...... a key point.

Only might I hone your thought a little bit.  They are extremely self-righteous, and filled with hatred, which I would posit are two conflicting emotions.

I think the passionate anger we are seeing in the Trump zealots (again, NOT the reluctant voters), is due to the fact that they are dealing with deep inner conflicts.

They are filled with hatred for those of us for whom integrity is an immutable requirement, and a passionate love for a candidate whom they have elevated to the point of religious idolatry.  Because we do not worship their god, they look down on us with a self-righteousness rarely seen in politics.

They really do think they're better than we are, and they hate us for it.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline musiclady

When one puts party over principle, it puts us on the long road to ruin we're on.

I'd go a step farther.

These people are also putting a person above principle.  Because Trump represents not only political apostasy under the guise of being a "Republican" but also a deeply corrupt and amoral person whom they have set on a pedestal.

We've been on a long road to ruin, but the Trump zealots have shoved us right off the cliff into the abyss.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline sinkspur

Glenn Thrush ‏@GlennThrush  1h1 hour ago
Of course 2016 would end with Clinton shouting 'the game is rigged!' and Trump solemnly defending Washington bureaucrats
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
Fine, I puke when I see people are not voting for a secured border, stopping drugs and stopping ISIS. Won't be able to blame that on me.

Well, they won't be able to blame any of the coming disasters on me, either. And disaster there
will be no matter whom between these two scum-bucket candidates wins.

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Online DB

Good luck with that Constitutional thing once madame President starts packing the courts with activist Marxist judges. Elect Hillary and the constitution is dead.

The only difference is whether there will be a D or and R after the name of the person that tramples on the constitution next. If it's an R, the R voters bear responsibility for it. Trump has no use for or even a fundamental understanding of the constitution. That fact has been laid bare over and over over the last year.

Offline musiclady

Yes.  That is a fact.

You understood my meaning anyway.  They feel better than us because their bar for casting a positive vote is merely that their candidate is not the other person whom they hate.  I couldn't quite find the words.  You said it better.  It is a bundle of contradictions in a very Orwellian, "doublespeak" sense.  For example "The Ministry of Truth" was all about deception in the same way their "just like Reagan" candidate is the opposite of Reagan.   The Trump campaign is such a trainload of contradictions that I am continually amazed at the twisted excuses people make for the orange disaster.

I want to point out one more hypocrisy.  They meant that low bar standard for us, not for themselves.  If they don't get Trump they don't want anyone, and neither will they support anyone who will not endorse Trump.

Good post.

The question I have, and that I don't know the answer to, is, do they actually believe the twisted contradictions they post, or are they lying through their teeth? Do any of them actually believe that Trump is Reagan (in spite of the complete opposite reality) and all the other bizarre comparisons they make, or is someone elsewhere telling them to post them and they're merely being obedient?

I almost wish I were a psychologist so that I could understand their bizarre behavior.

I've never seen anything like it.

Offline musiclady

Well, they won't be able to blame any of the coming disasters on me, either. And disaster there
will be no matter whom between these two scum-bucket candidates wins.

You speak the truth, Easy.   We are headed for disaster no matter which of these vile, corrupt people wins on November 8th.

But I know that those of us who sounded the warnings, loud and clear, bear no responsibility for the horror coming.

Offline Longmire

We do not like either one. 

But as you said, you're more willing to accept Clinton than Trump...ultimately she is preferable to you.

All this third party stuff is just subterfuge to help you rationalize the outcome you prefer.

Got it.  :seeya:

Offline sinkspur

But as you said, you're more willing to accept Clinton than Trump...ultimately she is preferable to you.

All this third party stuff is just subterfuge to help you rationalize the outcome you prefer.

Got it.  :seeya:

Why can you not accept that some of us are not voting for either one of these scumbags?

Offline kartographer

Time to repeat my previous post!

It is impossible to solve a problem that you are part of.

“‎It isn't enough to stand up and fight darkness. You've got to stand apart from it, too. You've got to be different from it.”

As far as the lesser of two evil thing you seen my reply.

But that answer is too grown-up for many on here to grasp.
Charley Waite: "Well you may not know this, but there's things that gnaw at a man worse than dying."

Offline musiclady

Those closest to Trump know they are lying, imo.  They are in it for personal gain.
Those on tier two and three are just selling a product and rolling their eyes.  They basically know.  They are focused on hating Hillary.
The peons posting on Internet forums are mostly blinded by love, true believers.  They just repeat what they are told and accept it as true by turning off their brain (?) and functioning strictly on emotion.  They are very brainwashed and gain energy by hating us, so in that way they need us.

That is my best guess.

Well, good guess on all three levels, IMO.

What we see here are the underlings who are true believers, and yes, their hatred is energized by those of us who don't worship their golden calf.

But they are really bad at what they do, aren't they?   The more they post, the worse Trump looks.

Offline sinkspur

Wow.  Did you know this?

Ben JacobsVerified account
‏@Bencjacobs
Trump says Hillary Clinton will let 650 million people pour into the United States and "triple the size of our country in one week"

Offline musiclady

VERY bad.  I won't vote for Trump because of Trump.  But I could easily not vote for him just because of his obnoxious supporters. They do him no favors.

Same here.  Trump is the reason I can't vote for Trump.  His zealots just reinforce that it's a wise choice.

HonestJohn

Wow.  Did you know this?

Ben JacobsVerified account
‏@Bencjacobs
Trump says Hillary Clinton will let 650 million people pour into the United States and "triple the size of our country in one week"

Care to wager when avid Trumpists will start parroting that line, thinking they came up with it all by themselves?

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
But I know that those of us who sounded the warnings, loud and clear, bear no responsibility for the horror coming.

Albert Jay Nock, "Isaiah's Job"

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline musiclady

Albert Jay Nock, "Isaiah's Job"

Wow!  What an article!   And considering it was written in 1936, one might even call it 'prophetic.'  ^-^

I truly believe there is a "Remnant" as in Isaiah, and love the updating of the concept of the masses vs. the Remnant, and how there are many who "prophesy" to the masses, but that it is a much better job to devote yourself to the Remnant.

As a musician, I enjoyed this comparison....

The prophet of the American masses must aim consciously at the lowest common denominator of intellect, taste, and character among 120,000,000 people; and this is a distressing task. The prophet of the Remnant, on the contrary, is in the enviable position of Papa Haydn in the household of Prince Esterhazy. All Haydn had to do was keep forking out the very best music he knew how to produce, knowing it would be understood and appreciated by those for whom he produced it, and caring not a button what anyone else thought of it — and that makes a good job.

Haydn DID have a "good job!"  ^-^

Right now the masses are craving a dictator...... in both parties.  The idea that there is a thinking minority......... even 7,000 as with Elijah.......... is an encouragement.

We may not be the majority right now, but we will prevail.

Thanks for a great read, @EasyAce !