Author Topic: Never Trumpers and Reluctant Trump Supporters, Stop Questioning Each Other’s Motives...By Ben Shapiro  (Read 14670 times)

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
So, why are the two sides of this debate at each other’s throat? Because they’ve projected bad motives onto the other side.

Which is why my ignore list is far bigger than I'd ever imagined.  It's kind of nice actually, though.  Call someone a "bleep" or "Cruzbot", and on you go.  Act like a....feminine hygiene product, and on you go.  Not that anyone on either side cares if they're being ignored, but it make the site much more pleasant for me personally, at least.  Plus, you get a real feeling of accomplishment when you click on a thread and the entire page is blocked. 

Offline aligncare

I never use the ignore function. I ignore folks the old fashioned way: personally, one post at a time.

HonestJohn

Feeling the heat Ben? I, as a Trump voter am voting for Trump on the issues. Stopping Hillary is a big bonus I'll admit that.

Considering that you supported Trump long before he even issued that... I'd say your statement is false.

HonestJohn

It is unfortunate that we have entered such a weird place.
Not agreeing with your party's choice of nominee is quite common, and always has been.
Voting for the lesser of two evils is a regular occurrence.
What fascinates me is the amount of energy wasted threatening people who have reservations.
That seems unprecedented, to me.
The comments of "traitor", "hell to pay", we know who you are", "hunt you down like dogs" etc., are troublesome, at best, frightening at worst.
We've been told that Democrats will round us all up if we do not vote for Trump, but it is the Trump supporters (a more vocal minority, I would hope) that are using this rhetoric.
We have been told that they will make a conscious effort to primary all elected officials who don't support him, within their own party.

FYI, 100% of democrats should be taken on during the election(s).
Republicans are (or conservatives, anyway) supposed to voice opinions, as in free speech, even if it against their own party, to try and steer the ship in the direction we would like it to go.

Let me ask, are the more vocal Clinton supporters calling out to "seek out and round up" the Sanders supporters who will not vote for her?

goopo

And no, the Clintons went out of their way to welcome Bernie and his supporters at their convention.

HonestJohn

@Oceander

BS.  You are the ones that failed to provide any good viable options.

You're whining and crying, stamping your feet like a toddler throwing a temper tantrum.  With the same effect.

No, there were 10+ other viable options.  However, the toddlers in the GOP primary threw the temper tantrum, wanting their shiny candy *WALL, WAALLL, WALLY WALL, WAAAAAALLL, WAAALLLLL WALLLL WALLLLLL* right now!

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
No, there were 10+ other viable options.  However, the toddlers in the GOP primary threw the temper tantrum, wanting their shiny candy *WALL, WAALLL, WALLY WALL, WAAAAAALLL, WAAALLLLL WALLLL WALLLLLL* right now!

@HonestJohn

Yes there were other better options in the primaries.   Now the options are crap.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
My vote will be "None of These Candidates." I've seen nothing reasonable to convince me to vote
otherwise, and for one good reason above all: neither Donaldus Minimus nor Hilarious Rodent
Clinton has said anything credible to suggest they believe anything other than that, one way or
the other, the State remains all and the individual remains nothing.

But I hold no one else's vote against them, either. Good people have voted intolerably for
generations, and will do so again in the future, I'm sure.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2016, 08:48:45 pm by EasyAce »

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Back to the topic at hand, I've decided I will not and we all should not denigrate Trump supporters.

And for Trump supporters, denigrate means to put down.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2016, 11:08:50 pm by AbaraXas »

Offline musiclady

That is how it looks to me, too.   Once on the Trump train they take on the characteristics of those around them.  The more they bully, the more NEVER I become.

I've seen the same thing.

People whom I know had another choice in the primary (not the trolls who don't tell the truth about anything), who at first claimed to be "reluctant" and suddenly become monstrous.

It really does seem that deciding on Trump changes some people vastly for the worse.  It's like they become infected with his evil vibes.

Those who still remain truly reluctant (and I know many), are making a horrible choice between two people they know are horrible, but thinking Trump is slightly less so.  I don't agree with them, but I completely respect them.

The people I have lost respect for are those who supposedly don't really want to vote for Trump, who quickly become his attack dogs, and just as vicious as those who are the original cultists.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
From the original article:

For most, that conflict is not based on disagreements about principle. Most Never Trumpers despise Hillary Clinton and
will not vote for her
; most Never Trumpers even feel significant sympathy for the “vote for Trump to stop Hillary” argument. They
believe that Trump fails to meet the most basic standard of morality and conservatism and that supporting him damages Republicans
politically now and in the future. So they will vote for neither candidate.

Emphasis added.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2016, 09:01:02 pm by EasyAce »

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline r9etb

People whom I know had another choice in the primary (not the trolls who don't tell the truth about anything), who at first claimed to be "reluctant" and suddenly become monstrous.

It really does seem that deciding on Trump changes some people vastly for the worse.  It's like they become infected with his evil vibes.

I dunno.  For most such I don't really count it against them too much.  Perhaps it's because I understand their dilemma, having been in a similar position a few years back.

Basically, they're trying to defend the indefensible (Trump's behavior and fitness), while at the same time trying to prevent the intolerable (President Hillary Clinton).  Moreover, the indefensible (Trump) belongs to a political party to which a great deal of personal identity is attached. 

When you poke at a person about things that are ultimately personal, their first reaction is defensive, and when there is no rational argument to back it up, the only thing left is anger.

Like I say: I've been there; I know how it feels.  But I also know that most of those people are good and honest people, so I'll cut them some slack.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2016, 09:22:49 pm by r9etb »

Offline musiclady

I dunno.  For most such I don't really count it against them too much.  Perhaps it's because I understand their dilemma, having been in a similar position a few years back.

Basically, they're trying to defend the indefensible (Trump's behavior and fitness), while at the same time trying to prevent the intolerable (President Hillary Clinton).  Moreover, the indefensible (Trump) belongs to a political party to which a great deal of personal identity is attached. 

When you poke at a person about things that are ultimately personal, their first reaction is defensive, and when there is no rational argument to back it up, the only thing left is anger.

Like I say: I've been there; I know how it feels.  But I also know that most of those people are good and honest people, so I'll cut them some slack.

There are many reluctant Trump voters on this forum who have remained completely civil.

I'm not sure I cut any slack for those who start attacking others for maintaining a position they had before.

If they're angry, let them kick their dog....... just don't call me a traitor.  :smokin:
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
as a Trump voter am voting for Trump on the issues.

And what issues would those be?
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
https://www.donaldjtrump.com/policies/

Do you realize Trump doesn't even talk about any of that in his campaign stops?

It's like it was written by someone else and he's not even aware that is posted on his website.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
This is a defining election, there will be no reconciling if Hillary is elected. The time has come to pick which side you are on. Globalists vrs Nationalist, Hillary vrs Trump. That's the choice. "Whoever is not with me is against me"

Then I publicly declare I AM AGAINST YOU and tyrants just like you.

I repeat I AM AGAINST YOU and your prince and your mob.

You made us Principled Conservatives your enemy - and I see you as worse and more dangerous than The Mao Pantsuit's Commie-hordes.

I will be waiting.

The threats from you thugs just keep piling up - and I have yet to receive a single one from one of Hildabeast's acolytes.

So YOU and YOUR MOB are the clear and present danger to my liberty.

As I said - I will be waiting if you would be stupid enough to attempt to make good on your myriad threats of punishment and death simply over how I choose to vote.

Bring it.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Longmire

This is a defining election, there will be no reconciling if Hillary is elected. The time has come to pick which side you are on. Globalists vrs Nationalist, Hillary vrs Trump. That's the choice. "Whoever is not with me is against me"

goopo There will be no reconciling regardless of the outcome.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39

More passive aggressive threats from the poster child for the Alt Right.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready

Nope.

We have no desire to reconcile with Nationalist Populist Fascists masquerading themselves as Conservatives.

You people declared us enemies and traitors long ago.

We're ready if you decide to make that last mistake and make good on all the keyboard commando threats of death for treason and punishment.

Bring it.

Let's get it over with.

Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline kartographer

I proudly offer my name to your list. Your tactics are no different from Hillary's minions though they do hide it better. Your plans for non Trump supporters are no different than that of Hillary. You offer us only a choice much akin to choosing between a Nazi Stalag or a Red Russian Gulag. Thanks a lot.

Charley Waite: "Well you may not know this, but there's things that gnaw at a man worse than dying."

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Do you realize Trump doesn't even talk about any of that in his campaign stops?

:bsflag: 

I do realize you are clueless. 

geronl

This whole election has me swearing off the GOP and Trump Democrats that invaded it. I cannot believe the Party that once touted family values think women should shut up and allow themselves to be groped and abused. I cannot believe the party that once defended the unborn now thinks it's okay for Trump to perform abortion in the oval office as long as he builds some mythical wall. I cannot believe that the party of Christian values now supports, excuses and celebrates any and all forms of perversion because the Orange One did them.

I do not want to be associated with such a party or with such people.

Offline jpsb

Considering that you supported Trump long before he even issued that... I'd say your statement is false.
He has been saying pretty much the same thing ever since he announced his candidacy. His "contract" is merely a nice summation of the issues only he is bringing to the table.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

You made us Principled Conservatives your enemy -

No one made principled conservatives an enemy.  "Principled" conservatives have simply withdrawn from the fight to keep our government, military and courts out of the corrupt hands of Hillary Clinton.  This will be hard to forget.

Offline kartographer

No one  Both Trump and Hillary supporters have made principled conservatives an enemy.  "Principled" conservatives have simply withdrawn from are in the a fight to keep our government, military and courts out of the corrupt hands of Hillary Clinton as well as the hands of a deranged narcissist. Something to thoughtful for so many This will be hard to forget.

There fixed it for you.

The sad thing is that I have lived through the Hillary threats and know them to be for the most part empty, but the Trump supporters threats I take very seriously so of the two I see Trump supporters as being the bigger personal threat to me and mine.

Most times a man will tell you his bad intentions if you listen, let yourself hear.

Believe me I hear what Trump supporters are telling me.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2016, 12:26:20 pm by kartographer »
Charley Waite: "Well you may not know this, but there's things that gnaw at a man worse than dying."