Author Topic: Bill Weld Issues A Dire Message About Trump During The Final Weeks Of The Election And It Is Unforgiving  (Read 4831 times)

Offline r9etb

I'm sure they are. Many just haven't come to grips with the fact that there is only ONE WAY to avoid a Clinton administration at this point.

If by "avoiding," you mean something along the lines of shooting yourself in the head to avoid the unpleasant side effects of cyanide.

Offline r9etb

Me neither.

AFTER he's elected.

As arguments for a candidate go, the "I'm actually hoping for his early removal from office so Pence can become president" argument takes highest honors in the Faint Praise competition.

Offline skeeter

If by "avoiding," you mean something along the lines of shooting yourself in the head to avoid the unpleasant side effects of cyanide.

I don't see it that way, obviously.

What I was trying to illustrate is you can't be #NeverHillary if you aren't willing to do what it would take to eliminate her.
Everyone will do what they feel they must, I wouldn't try to convince anyone else how they should vote. We're way past that already.

I want only to clarify the rationale for my own choice.

geronl

Me neither.

AFTER he's elected.

I'm not putting my principles on hold for this yuge idiot. He doesn't belong there. He is slightly, oh so slightly worse than Hillary. Neither come within a million miles of being acceptable.

geronl

As arguments for a candidate go, the "I'm actually hoping for his early removal from office so Pence can become president" argument takes highest honors in the Faint Praise competition.

to me, Pence is also disqualifying for being able to lie for this creep

Offline r9etb

I don't see it that way, obviously.

What I was trying to illustrate is you can't be #NeverHillary if you aren't willing to do what it would take to eliminate her.
Everyone will do what they feel they must, I wouldn't try to convince anyone else how they should vote. We're way past that already.

I want only to clarify the rationale for my own choice.

I understand the rationale, and have a fair amount of sympathy for it in the abstract.  Unfortunately, if #NeverHillary means Trump .... I choose none of the above.  There's just no good choice between the two.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
To me, the only rational reason to vote for Trump is that he'd be far easier to impeach and remove than Hillary Clinton.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

HonestJohn

To me, the only rational reason to vote for Trump is that he'd be far easier to impeach and remove than Hillary Clinton.

She's, supposedly, so unhealthy that she'll probably kick the bucket before her inauguration address.  So that's a plus for a vote for her, now ain't it?

Offline r9etb

Agreed.  He's made himself a veritable flea megalopolis for lying down with Trump.  That aside, however, at least he meets the basic fitness standards for the office.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Weld was long ago, thought to go to endorse Clinton,

I think the message here is, Trump could win Libertarian voters, vote for the Democrats.

Offline TomSea

Law Enforcement, ICE Union, that being Border Patrol and Customs, Military, Medal of Honor winners, they have all endorsed Trump; so, those who hate, I guess are going to.

Trump certainly can be no worse than the Bush/Obama/Clinton dynasty,

No difference practically between all 3.

Offline r9etb

Trump certainly can be no worse than the Bush/Obama/Clinton dynasty,

Oh, yes, he could. 

Offline TomSea

Oh, yes, he could.

We know the Bushes, the Obamas and the Clintons have started wars, believe in open borders.

So, we also know Trump could be so much better than the Uniparty New World Order types.

Yes, let's trust the Texas Conservative Bush, what a winning record, Christians have lived in the MIddle East since Christ; oh, but we have an ill-managed invasion of Iraq; that puts them on the firing line.

Offline TomSea

Tell it to Reagan in 1980. They said the same about him.

On this day in 1984, President Ronald Reagan makes a joking but controversial off-the-cuff remark about bombing Russia while testing a microphone before a scheduled radio address. While warming up for the speech, Reagan said “My fellow Americans, I am pleased to tell you today that I’ve signed legislation that will outlaw Russia forever. We begin bombing in five minutes.”
http://www.history.com/this-day-in-history/reagan-jokes-about-bombing-russia

Really funny.

Offline r9etb

We know the Bushes, the Obamas and the Clintons have started wars, believe in open borders.

So, we also know Trump could be so much better than the Uniparty New World Order types.

Yes, let's trust the Texas Conservative Bush, what a winning record, Christians have lived in the MIddle East since Christ; oh, but we have an ill-managed invasion of Iraq; that puts them on the firing line.

We don't "know" anything of the sort about Trump.  And we're talking about candidate Trump, not Bush, whom you obviously hate -- which is neither here nor there: your personal emotions concerning Bush are irrelevant to the topic at hand.

All that aside, your argument works (sort of) only if you assume that Trump is sane.  However, his behavior during this campaign strongly suggests that his mental stability is not what one would wish for a President of the United States.  A nut-job in the Oval Office could do unthinkable damage.

Offline LateForLunch

• GOTWALMA Get Out of the Way and Leave Me Alone! (Nods to Teebone)
All that aside, your argument works (sort of) only if you assume that Trump is sane.  However, his behavior during this campaign strongly suggests that his mental stability is not what one would wish for a President of the United States.  A nut-job in the Oval Office could do unthinkable damage.

Making assessments about a person's sanity is difficult, even for trained professionals who have access to the subject and their cooperation with the investigative process. So with all due respect, for you or anyone else to presume to be qualified to or capable of making that judgment with a (forgive me) complete lack of any professional training in that regard or pertinent relevant research (detailed personal information gathered from extended interviews / testing) is about as absurd as it gets.

Not even Charles Krauthammer an experienced psychiatrist, (no great fan of Mr. Trump), has the poor judgment to endeavor to make thumbnail psychological assessments of anyone from afar. He has flatly stated several times in regard to others (such as the Eightball Obama's possibly narcissistic character) that it is impossible for any responsible psychological professional to make definitive statements about anyone's psychological state or pathologies, simply by observing the person and their behavior from afar.

So I regard what I hold in one hand - these conjectures about Mr. Trump's sanity which you and others offer so freely and enthusiastically, and in my other hand I regard a wet cigar butt retrieved from a muddy gutter, and find them about equal in value.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2016, 02:05:03 pm by LateForLunch »
GOTWALMA Get out of the way and leave me alone! (Nods to General Teebone)

Offline TomSea

We don't "know" anything of the sort about Trump.  And we're talking about candidate Trump, not Bush, whom you obviously hate -- which is neither here nor there: your personal emotions concerning Bush are irrelevant to the topic at hand.

Don't accuse me of hating Bush, I voted for him two times, that is a lazy argument. The point is, if one rips Trump, then, maybe we should look at the big picture.

Reagan was called a nut-job also who would destroy the world.

Offline LateForLunch

Opinion and sense of humor noted.

Lame insult ignored.

Oh, I'm not insulting you, I'm describing you. Just as you "describe" the future president of the United States.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2016, 02:29:07 pm by LateForLunch »

Offline TomSea

Ted Cruz hasn't done 5% of what Mike Pence has done on social issues, such disagreement is noted.

Conservative only when it fits one's aims is the way it looks to me.

Marco Rubio said Cruz ran the dirtiest campaign, top to bottom, he'd ever seen.

Offline LateForLunch

If we would speak of questionable sanity, what would we say of persons who believe strongly that they know things which cannot possibly be known, such as that a person whom they have never met and know only hearsay and speculation about, will be a very bad president?  That seems to me to be a fairly alarming departure from reality in and of itself.

Oceander

If we would speak of questionable sanity, what would we say of persons who believe strongly that they know things which cannot possibly be known, such as that a person whom they have never met and know only hearsay and speculation about, will be a very bad president?  That seems to me to be a fairly alarming departure from reality in and of itself.

I know Trump will be a very bad president based on the facts of his past, on what he's done and said, on his business failings, and on the mountain of nonsense he's let spill out of his mouth.  That ain't just hearsay and speculation. 

Offline Frank Cannon

Ted Cruz hasn't done 5% of what Mike Pence has done on social issues, such disagreement is noted.

You're a clown....

Cruz ACU rating is 100%
http://acuratings.conservative.org/acu-ratings-chart/?UID=461

Rubio ACU rating is 94%
http://acuratings.conservative.org/acu-ratings-chart/?UID=5333

Offline skeeter

Marco Rubio told you his bill required all illegal aliens his bill normalized would have to pay their back taxes and learn english. Did you believe that too?

Offline LateForLunch

Marco Rubio told you his bill required all illegal aliens his bill normalized would have to pay their back taxes and learn english. Did you believe that too?

Yet Pence, Rubio, Cruz and even Paul Ryan agree that nothing should be sent to this president and Congress for any consideration because the 'Crats cannot be trusted any further than they can be physically tossed.

RWR learned the vanity of trying to do business with 'Crats in his effort at Immigration reform. He acknowledged that trusting Tip O'Neil and the 'Crats to actually keep their word was one of his biggest mistakes as president.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2016, 04:01:04 pm by LateForLunch »

Offline skeeter

Yet Pence, Rubio, Cruz and even Paul Ryan agree that nothing should be sent to this president and Congress for any consideration because the 'Crats cannot be trusted any further than they can be physically tossed.

RWR learned the vanity of trying to do business with 'Crats in his effort at Immigration reform. He acknowledged that trusting Tip O'Neil and the 'Crats to actually keep their word was one of his biggest mistakes as president.

Your second sentence is dead nuts on. Not only on immigration but on economic policy as well. O'Neil decided Reagan was so popular with the American people he wouldn't attempt to win under the rules, he'd switch tactics and just effing lie. Who was gonna call him out?

Our system became completely dysfunctional the day the democrats in general decided that lies and deceit were simply means to an end.

Then the only way to win was to completely decimate them at the polls. But since about half the country votes D without thinking thats an impossibility. So the GOP decided to just chuck it all and join em.

All of this hand wringing over the current election is not fighting a losing battle, its fighting a battle lost years ago.