Author Topic: Israel Indicts 13 For Incitement To Violence Over Far Right-Wing Wedding  (Read 242 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Israel Indicts 13 For Incitement To Violence Over Far Right-Wing Wedding

Video of wedding showed suspects stabbing picture of slain Palestinian infant, dancing with weapons

An Israeli court on Wednesday indicted 13 suspects, including five under the age of 18, for incitement and weapons charges over a wedding in which guests stabbed a picture of a slain 18-month-old Palestinian boy and danced with guns and knives.

Video of the December 2015 wedding in Jerurusalem showed that guests included several so-called "hilltop youth" –   a loose network of radical settlers who are frequently linked with violent activities against Palestinians – and attorney Itamar Ben-Gvir, who often represents suspects charged with far-right terror and incitement. 

Guests were filmed passing around knives, guns, and Molotov cocktails while dancing to a song with lyrics taken from a biblical verse: " Please, God, strengthen me just once more, and let me with one blow get revenge on the Philistines for my two eyes.” Far-right activists generally replace "Philistines" with "Palestinians."

Read More At: http://www.i24news.tv/en/news/israel/politics/128604-161026-israel-indicts-13-for-incitement-to-violence-over-far-right-wedding